Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cyber gray metalic
    2010 corvette

I have had a 5 LS powered camaros and TA'S and one new corvette. IMO I love them all but for sure my new corvette is my favorite...

:

Blue
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by bobodog View Post
    hmmm, this doesnt add up.
    beating the vette is easy but the ss has TWIN turbos (500 hp you say)and you hang with him till 80 and all you got is headers?
    having a video of that would be more interesting.
    it's cause the turbos don't really start puling until then. then after it's pretty ridiculous.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by bobodog View Post
    hmmm, this doesnt add up.
    beating the vette is easy but the ss has TWIN turbos (500 hp you say)and you hang with him till 80 and all you got is headers?
    having a video of that would be more interesting.
    I've said it before in other threads, but there are several '10 Camaros with F/I out there, and they can't get out of their own way. It isn't all that unbelieveable to me at all.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by camarospade View Post
    it's cause the turbos don't really start puling until then. then after it's pretty ridiculous.
    Most newer designed turbos don't have the lag as the old ones do - so, I'd be curious to know the style/size of the turbos in question.

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    I've said it before in other threads, but there are several '10 Camaros with F/I out there, and they can't get out of their own way. It isn't all that unbelieveable to me at all.
    The one I ran trapped 118 mph consistently. So it's making some horsepower considering what the car weighs, the IRS, and big wheels.
    I'd say it was running pretty decent for what it was. That trap speed incdicates an easy mid 11 second car, not bad for something he was driving accross country in. We were both on street tires. He obviously had a harder time getting it going.
    Any forced induction car (if done right) is hard to deal with when you are driving an N/A car.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Most newer designed turbos don't have the lag as the old ones do - so, I'd be curious to know the style/size of the turbos in question.
    Yes, and its not like turbos kick in at a certain speed. The kick in when they are spooled in every gear, once your past 3krpms in first gear the are spooled(depending on size of course) and they are making power. Most kits made for stock engine cars do not use huge turbos, so they should be spooled rather quickly with a 6.2 liter doing the spooling. My 2.5 liter 4 cylinder spools my turbo by 2900rpms, because its not a big turbo but still enough to put down 260whp through a AWD automatic drivetrain.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes, and its not like turbos kick in at a certain speed. The kick in when they are spooled in every gear, once your past 3krpms in first gear the are spooled(depending on size of course) and they are making power. Most kits made for stock engine cars do not use huge turbos, so they should be spooled rather quickly with a 6.2 liter doing the spooling. My 2.5 liter 4 cylinder spools my turbo by 2900rpms, because its not a big turbo but still enough to put down 260whp through a AWD automatic drivetrain.
    Bingo - 100% agreed

Thread Information