Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Finally got a run: 2010 Camaro plus 2: 1 race

I left the local fireworks show put on by the city a little aggravated. No beer and the Police Officer directing traffic wasn't doing a very good job IMO. Anyway, I get out of there and run city streets to a highway to head home. Traffic is killer on the highway but I'm a few cars back from some sort of Audi. I don't know a thing about them but it's got some kind of exhaust and I swear I thought I heard it blow off. A few lights later I passed them and got a typical look from the driver and at the next light him and his entire crew of dudes were mean-mugging me. Traffic was acting stupid still, the normal person going slow in the left lane, I get over to go around them thing and they speed up. Anyway, it worked out. The Audi got behind me and the next light I was approaching was red and in the right lane, same as me but already stopped, I see 4 roundish tail lights. 2 on each side. (I'm thinking, Corvette or new Camaro) I got to the light and stopped behind a 2010 yellow SS. There's a crown vic I wasn't really paying attention to in the left lane other than, it's old and not law enforcement. The Audi was behind me. The light turned green and I was ready. I didn't stage up or anything just in case I didn't wanna rear end the other guy. I was expecting him to leave in a hurry but he just kinda came off it easy and then mashed it after I had already figured he wasn't interested. So I got back in it to see his nose got down in his 1-2 shift, brake tap from me to keep from hitting him and he nails second. I'm seeing headlights in my left mirror from the crown vic and go to get over. When I look at the Vic in my mirror, it was pouring exhaust smoke and sounded like, well...a quiet Mustang getting further behind me...ok, that's a lie, I couldn't hear shit over my car but anyway, dude in the Vic was playing too. I got over and I'm watching the 2010. I pulled ahead of him right at 100 MPH and rolled off the throttle. I looked up in my rear view to see the Audi in between me and the Vic back there behind us.

I don't know anything about the 2010 car. Never seen it around here on the road. There was one Yellow SS at the local Chevy dealer and this car had a drive out tag on it. Could have been my race due to drive/car familiarity but either way...I got a 2010 SS under my belt finally. And the Vic & Audi
    Last edited by IH8EVRY1; 07-05-2010 at 01:56 PM.
    Y2K SS A4 Y2Y GU5: 12.96@106-SLP FLO PAC|P&P Stock TB | Pacesetter LT's | TSP Rumbler X Duals | B&M Trans Cooler | Rear Tubular LCA's w/ Relocation Brackets | Tubular PHB | SFC's | Diablo Sport Tuning

white
    1999 Trans Am

nice kill dude,
    i hear the 2010 ss realy is not all that fast, kind of disapointing.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

The way I pulled it was kinda sad. All the hype, his drive out tag and my 110k miles. In all the on and off again on the throttle, shifting and some hesitation on my part he was a good 2 1/2 lenghts in front of me. Oh well, I'm just happy I got him.

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

nice kill,
    What mods do you have?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Check out my signature in the first post-everything is current

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)

Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post
    Check out my signature in the first post-everything is current
    ahhh i see, i completely missed all of that lol

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

No worries. I was trying to type that as best I could to not come off like a dick too. If I did, my appologies, I was just being lazy and not typing them again.

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)

its all good man, no offense taken

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I saw that dude in the 2010 car yesterday coming out of a neighborhood near where I live with the same drive out tag. I think he's local and just bought the car out of state. Maybe I'll get to run him down and talk with him. Its a sweet ride!

Thread Information