Thread: SRT4 vs Me

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

SRT4 vs Me

Yesterday i was coming home from a friends house and i spotted an srt4 as i crossed an intersection, well one of my friends just bought an 03 srt4 and it was the same color and everything, so i knew it was him. So i waited for him and he finally caught up with me about 4 lights up. He knew it was me and he rolled down the window as we were coming up to a red light, i told him "Lets rum em!" and he agreed so he followed me until we got ahead of the group of cars. Well we ended up going on a highway right by our houses and there was nobody on it. First race we did a roll from probably about 40mph, i dropped it in 2nd and i told him to honk. I was kinda sleeping on the 3rd honk and he got me on the launch, i started pulling on him right away but when i went to go into 3rd i miss shifted the living hell out of it and couldnt get it to go in, he went by and that was it... We turned around and raced again, this time we went from like 20-30mph roll and i started in first. He honked again but i was on point this time, got him through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and was approaching 4th but i had about 2.5 car lengths and i shut it down. He did a ricer fly by on me! lol i think he was hyped up. He has a CAI and larger injecters. Thats it, It was fun, the first time getting on it with the new monster clutch.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

you had him by about 2.5 car lengths? hmmm i would think you would of had him by more, i raced my buddies srt4 from a dig, 20mph roll, and 50mph roll and had him by 5-10 car lengths, he had cai, external wastegate, and cb exhaust. Good kill tho

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Nice kill. My first race when I bought my SS was against an SRT-4. He was modded but I still got him
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    you had him by about 2.5 car lengths? hmmm i would think you would of had him by more, i raced my buddies srt4 from a dig, 20mph roll, and 50mph roll and had him by 5-10 car lengths, he had cai, external wastegate, and cb exhaust. Good kill tho
    we didnt go any faster than 80-90 mph, i dont have a lot of mods either. I couldnt tell if it was 2.5 car lengths, thats whut he told me, i dont really pay attention to behind me when im going fast i dont feel like crashing lol. When i let off though i did look in my rear view and it did seem like he was atleast 4 cars behind me.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    we didnt go any faster than 80-90 mph, i dont have a lot of mods either. I couldnt tell if it was 2.5 car lengths, thats whut he told me, i dont really pay attention to behind me when im going fast i dont feel like crashing lol. When i let off though i did look in my rear view and it did seem like he was atleast 4 cars behind me.
    the rule of thumb is when the guy behind you tells you how many lenghts he was back, you double it. if it's a ricer, you times it by PI (3.1416)

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    the rule of thumb is when the guy behind you tells you how many lenghts he was back, you double it. if it's a ricer, you times it by PI (3.1416)
    lol ok got cha. He was a friend so i figured he wouldnt be lying but who knows

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    lol ok got cha. He was a friend so i figured he wouldnt be lying but who knows
    He might not know all the mod to the car. You dont install bigger injectors without tuning, which means he either has a tune or a car that doesnt run right. Those cars with bolt ons and a tune can get damn close to 300whp even with the weaker 03 turbo and in a 2800lbs car 300whp moves. Before my buddy did a turbo swap on his he had just about ever other mod under the sun and he was damn close to my bolt on at the time f-body which trapped 111mph.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    I bolded the problem area for the SRT-4.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I bolded the problem area for the SRT-4.
    I second that

Thread Information