Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It's to hard to say, and it's only guessing really at this point. By the time the LS1's hit the streets, the 89 turbo TA's were already packed away in climate controlled garages.

I rarely even see one at a cruise nite with 500+ cars. As a matter of fact It's been several years since I've seen one in person.

Now we will never really know, since any 89 turbo TA's that might still be running around have been tweaked on,,,,,and any of them in stock pristine condition never come out of the garage.
    I hear ya - all I'm saying is that I know that both run mid-low 13's.....maybe I should've just kept it that simple.

I think stock for stock the ls1 will edge out the tta, but not by much. Especially from a roll race. However once you mods each car with simple bolt ons its the ttas game.

I remember Ed's turbo TA would smoke the LT1's running around in the mid 90's,,,,but by that time Ed's TA had been messed with so it wasn't fair game for the new stock LT1's coming out at the time.

But I think what shocked me the most is after people got murdered by it they would ask what was in it So these people had no clue what they were even messing with. Then when you tell them it's a V6 they tell you you're full of shit

We were talking about a car that was only 5-6 years old at the time and it had already been forgotten.
    I had my Typhoon around that time frame as well and it wasn't but a few years old,,,,and no one knew what that little truck was either. Everybody thought I bought a Jimmy and threw a body kit on it

White
    '10 ZR1

I remember Ed's turbo TA would smoke the LT1's running around in the mid 90's,,,,but by that time Ed's TA had been messed with so it wasn't fair game for the new stock LT1's coming out at the time.

But I think what shocked me the most is after people got murdered by it they would ask what was in it So these people had no clue what they were even messing with. Then when you tell them it's a V6 they tell you you're full of shit

We were talking about a car that was only 5-6 years old at the time and it had already been forgotten.
    I had my Typhoon around that time frame as well and it wasn't but a few years old,,,,and no one knew what that little truck was either. Everybody thought I bought a Jimmy and threw a body kit on it
    That's some pretty good stuff!

My Mom's TTA smoked a '94 Viper once

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    That's some pretty good stuff!

My Mom's TTA smoked a '94 Viper once
    What is even funnier is smoking new corvettes at the stop lights in my little Typhoon. Talk about pissed off people.

It was bad enough they got beat by a truck,,,,let alone one with a V6 in it.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

ed? as in THE ed ?

and also on the jimmy with a body kit...that shows you the kind of man people think you are ..too fast, too furious

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ed? as in THE ed ?

and also on the jimmy with a body kit...that shows you the kind of man people think you are ..too fast, too furious

Don't know who "THE Ed" is,,,,but I was referring to Eddie that I graduated high school with.

These little trucks were around long before those movies came out.
    I never watched those movies, but people can think what ever they like,,,because when the light turned green that little truck sure did wipe alot of smug looks off peoples faces

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Don't know who "THE Ed" is,,,,but I was referring to Eddie that I graduated high school with.

These little trucks were around long before those movies came out.
    I never watched those movies, but people can think what ever they like,,,because when the light turned green that little truck sure did wipe alot of smug looks off peoples faces
    Ed as in our administrator Ed

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information