Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Talking Silly GT drivers, when will you learn...

Howdy. This little event that occurred the other day was more of a beautiful dream than an everyday race. I was in the T/A (STOCK, mind you) when I heard a roar from behind. It sounded pretty damn meaty, and I check my rear-view. It was about a 99 GT 'stang all clean and prettied up with a license plate that read "V8 POWER." After I had my little giggle fit, he pulled up next to me and I turned down the 'tallica and told him that she had a damn nice roar to her. He replied "Thanks BRAH," and revved it up. I revved up as well with my stock exhaust which has no roar to it what-so-ever just to be a good sport. He let out a laugh, looked at me and asked if I "wanted to lose?" I shot him a kind of "you're an idiot" smile and replied "uhm....yeah.....suuuuuure...." and proceeded to lead him to a safe stretch of open road.

So, we hopped onto the highway and he pulled up to me and honked 3 times. We went and, well...I guess you can say I went, he kind of just....putted along . So we get up even again and we do a about 55mph roll and once again he is in the mirrors . So, I decide to play a little and on the next roll I count to 3 then floor it, catch up, do a little throttle play and destroy his dreams once again.

So, after all of that we get to a red light and I roll down my window and look over, but he isn't acknowledging me in any way. So I give him a "good race, man" in a kind of sarcastic way and he flips me the finger and hollers "FAAGGGOTTTT!" It tickles me fancy that these 'stang drivers are so confident in their 281 Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge's but then are such sore losers when they lose. But it's okay, I'm sure he at least cracked a grin when he saw me in his mirror the next day being followed by a fucking wall cloud of smoke

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Sounds typical. Nice kill.

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

definatly typical. i have to vent a little here. i have NEVERb gotten any respect for my z unless i took someone for a ride. Everyone either owns a stang or knows someine who does and insists they are the fastest things around. also everyone insists that camaros are crap. nice kill op, keep bringing the truth!

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

same here ive never ran into a mustang owner that gives respect after he gets a beat down. Im not saying all stang owners are like that but all that ive ran into are.

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

[QUOTE=karpetcm;2352253]same here ive never ran into a mustang owner that gives respect after he gets a beat down. Im not saying all stang owners are like that but all that ive ran into are.[/QUOTE

THE BASTARDS!

2002 trans am ws6

well when i run against a mustang owner around here and i won he was cool about it he gave me thumbs up and said that my car run good. i though it was cool.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I raced a GT with H/C and won from a 25MPH roll. He was cool about it. He just said "hey man what can I say, its a Mustang" or something along those lines. Then he tried to tell me he didn't even have it tuned although he had a cam. OK!

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I raced a GT with H/C and won from a 25MPH roll. He was cool about it. He just said "hey man what can I say, its a Mustang" or something along those lines. Then he tried to tell me he didn't even have it tuned although he had a cam. OK!
    Haha, this Mustang guy started out sounded like a good guy, but then turned into an idiot.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Hey man alot of people do stupid shit with cars and alot of people dont understand just how important a tune is. I know dsm drivers who have had a huge turbo and fuel system put on but chose to drive it untuned thinking it would last until they could get it tuned.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Hey man alot of people do stupid shit with cars and alot of people dont understand just how important a tune is. I know dsm drivers who have had a huge turbo and fuel system put on but chose to drive it untuned thinking it would last until they could get it tuned.
    Yeah I know what you are saying. I do agree trust me. I just thought it was funny that he was trying to blame the fact that it wasn't tuned and that is why he lost. More likely story was he was tuned, but just lost.

The kicker was before I ran him twice, I was just cruising around with my brother (yes an extra 200 lbs) with me. We were at a light next to this Mustang and once the light went green and we took off normal...he starts flooring it getting his ass end all squirly, even after the shift...so my brother is like holy shit good thing you didn't race him. When he said that to me I kept thinking...the hell with that..I'm racing this kid. And the rest is history....

I had to be a good role model ya know?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Yeah I know what you are saying. I do agree trust me. I just thought it was funny that he was trying to blame the fact that it wasn't tuned and that is why he lost. More likely story was he was tuned, but just lost.

The kicker was before I ran him twice, I was just cruising around with my brother (yes an extra 200 lbs) with me. We were at a light next to this Mustang and once the light went green and we took off normal...he starts flooring it getting his ass end all squirly, even after the shift...so my brother is like holy shit good thing you didn't race him. When he said that to me I kept thinking...the hell with that..I'm racing this kid. And the rest is history....

I had to be a good role model ya know?

Hahaha yes very good. A mustang driver did that next to me friends 96 z28 off the line but ended up replacing a fender because of it.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Well everyone's perception of "fast" is different. It all depends on your personal experiences. For the most part, the owner of the Mustang in question from the sound of his actions was just a kid. And to a kid, Mustangs are fast. To us, we know better. We've experienced faster. I drove a TBSS for 2 years, and it was slow to me because of my experiences in my Camaro. I drove a ZR1 the other day, and now my Camaro feels slow I'm sure Termi Cobra drivers say the same thing about us...

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice kill OP i have had 1 mustang owner tell me good job and honestly said he didnt have enough money for an ls1 so he got a stang.. poor guy

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Nice kill!

Thread Information