Mod List
    Zex 125hp
    Strange rear w/4.56 gears
    Metco suspension
    Eibach shoks/struts and drag launch kit
    Kirkey Drivers Seat
    Bogart 15" Wheels (Front and Rear)
    Mickey Thompson tires 28x10.5 slick
    Custom Bassani x-pipe and Bassani 2.5" race mufflers.
    Stock tune, Airbox and Converters

What about this one........[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwU1q4pkoo[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Why not? People have run 11s with bolt on 2010 camaros with slicks aswell.
    I have yet to see one of those either but we are not talking 11s we are talking high 10s. Plus no telling what kind of tweaks are being done by these performance shops. Show me an average joe who has walked into a ford or chevy dealer walked out with a new GT or SS bolted up some slicks and hit 11s or put on bolt ons then hit 10s.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    I have yet to see one of those either but we are not talking 11s we are talking high 10s. Plus no telling what kind of tweaks are being done by these performance shops. Show me an average joe who has walked into a ford or chevy dealer walked out with a new GT or SS bolted up some slicks and hit 11s or put on bolt ons then hit 10s.
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013

Two average joes right here, 11.83 and 11.71 with just bolt ons and drag radials. These are stock weight 3800lbs cars with stock gearing.

That mustang that ran 10s was gutted and or sprayed. Now imagine a 3100lbs mustang with 4.56 gears. 700lbs less .7 off is the rule of thumb and with better gearing. I mean that old d-bag blkcloud went a 11.6 with drag radials and an 11.2(or something close to that with slicks) with a simular setup but in a 4.6 DOHC with 310ishwhp, this new 5.0 mustang with bolt ons is making 100more whp so 10s is possible. Not to mention Cam only F-bodys have run 10s, 400ishwhp and setup to hook. A bolt on 5.0 is making 400ishwhp and this shop set it up to hook.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-07-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013

Two average joes right here, 11.83 and 11.71 with just bolt ons and drag radials. These are stock weight 3800lbs cars with stock gearing.

That mustang that ran 10s was gutted and or sprayed. Now imagine a 3100lbs mustang with 4.56 gears. 700lbs less .7 off is the rule of thumb and with better gearing. I mean that old d-bag blkcloud went a 11.6 with a simular setup but in a 4.6 DOHC with 310ishwhp, this new 5.0 mustang with bolt ons is making 100more whp to shave off .7 and run a 10.9 so it is possible.
    It actually says non-stock gears plus a tune and who knows how streetable those tunes are plus again these are 11s with bolt ons not 10s. I can believe a high 11 not a high 10.

I believe that mustang is gutted and cammed not sprayed. Either way it is not a showroom car with bolt ons, tune and slicks running 10s as the post would have us believe. I've said more than once the new mustang is impressive but I"m not buying this BS that a set of slicks gets you into the 11s and bolt ons in the 10s.

Arctic White, red/gray

It actually says non-stock gears plus a tune and who knows how streetable those tunes are plus again these are 11s with bolt ons not 10s. I can believe a high 11 not a high 10.

I believe that mustang is gutted and cammed not sprayed. Either way it is not a showroom car with bolt ons, tune and slicks running 10s as the post would have us believe. I've said more than once the new mustang is impressive but I"m not buying this BS that a set of slicks gets you into the 11s and bolt ons in the 10s.
    Bolt ons and slicks will get you into the 11s. Bolts ons, slicks, gutted, some suspension work and 4.56 gears will get you into the tens. I'm not sure why you think the first post leads us to believe its a showroom car. It even says the back seat is out. Slicks with everything else bone stock would get you low low 12s i bet.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-07-2010 at 01:42 PM.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

well on the first video it doesnt say anything about being cammed. Is it me or does it sound cammed to any one else?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. This old "D-bag" says non of this hyper-speculation means much of anything, and is mostly just a bunch of hating denial. Nobody knows what was done to the car except those that did it. Evolution is doing these "build-ups" or whatever you wish to call them for 5.0 Mustang Magazine, and details won't be released until the magazine comes out - supposed to be the August issue. Even then, those that wish to stick their head in the sand will find something to not believe. Those that wish to find an axe to grind will find something to grind that axe on. And so it goes....

Until then, the car will be called bone-stock with a few bolt-ons and slicks to gutted with a 200 shot, heads/cam, and who knows what all.

But it is entertaining to read.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Oh....one other thing...with a 28" tire, any gear beyond 3.73s will force a shift into 5th at those kinds of speeds. Now 5th in the MT82 is the 1:1 gear, and I do know of at least one shop car that utilized that gear and thus used 5th gear too, but I wouldn't automatically assume that low of a gear is what is in this car. The tranny gearing is quite aggressive (3.66 1st gear, for example), making steep rear gears not as necessary as earlier transmissions.

I'm told, but can't confirm, that you can powershift 5th gear, so if you're quick on the gear changes, that may be the ticket, as using 5 gears allows you to take advantage of more torque multiplication throughout the run.

Another "one other thing".....raising the rev limiter on these motors by ~500 rpm really wakes them up, as the peak power (6600 rpm) is too close to the stock limiter (6850 rpm) to make the best use of the engines powerband.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

^^^^^^good info. I also realized that that new m6 isnt a double overdrive like our t56's

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

That is correct. Here are the gear ratios for the MT82:

1st 3.66
    2nd 2.43
    3rd 1.69
    4th 1.32
    5th 1.00
    6th 0.65

3.31 rear gears are standard, 3.55 and 3.73s are a $395 option.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

you can powershift every gear on it

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Last years mustang did run 14s if we are going by motor trend, ford had a reason to be embarrassed.
    Umm... no.

It ran a 13.5@104.2

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ior_specs.html

That Mustang is not cammed. It's a DOHC motor so you would need 4 cams. Since I don't think there are any out on the market yet, you would have to regrind your own. The car is still too new and there is little aftermarket R&D on the motor yet. The car definitely has weight reduction, possibly more than what they said.

Still, 10s is not impossible. The car is making well over 400hp to the wheels, it has slicks, a good driver, and weight reduction.

Put full bolt ons on a healthy LS1, with an aggressive tune, slicks, a good driver, and weight reduction and I guarantee the car will get into the 11s with traction.

Power, traction, and driver skill - you have these things and a car will go fast.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

"They" haven't said how much weight was removed from the car - all we have so far is internet speculation. My *guess* is ~300 lbs. With a 150 lbs driver, that would be a potential race weight of ~3400 lbs. My 99 went 11.43 @ 117 mph on DRs with 355 RWHP at 3340 lbs (that was in Kansas City in June - hardly optimum conditions). This car was likely making in excess of 420 RWHP. Do the math.

I don't see the issue with the peformance numbers.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    That Mustang is not cammed. It's a DOHC motor so you would need 4 cams. Since I don't think there are any out on the market yet, you would have to regrind your own. The car is still too new and there is little aftermarket R&D on the motor yet. The car definitely has weight reduction, possibly more than what they said.

Still, 10s is not impossible. The car is making well over 400hp to the wheels, it has slicks, a good driver, and weight reduction.

Put full bolt ons on a healthy LS1, with an aggressive tune, slicks, a good driver, and weight reduction and I guarantee the car will get into the 11s with traction.

Power, traction, and driver skill - you have these things and a car will go fast.
    the car isn't new at all. just the engine and trans. there is piles of suspension and differential parts out for them.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    the car isn't new at all. just the engine and trans. there is piles of suspension and differential parts out for them.
    And noone is arguing the fact it has suspension and drivetrain mods.

black
    04 evo8

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Mod List
    Zex 125hp
    Strange rear w/4.56 gears
    Metco suspension
    Eibach shoks/struts and drag launch kit
    Kirkey Drivers Seat
    Bogart 15" Wheels (Front and Rear)
    Mickey Thompson tires 28x10.5 slick
    Custom Bassani x-pipe and Bassani 2.5" race mufflers.
    Stock tune, Airbox and Converters

What about this one........

Huh?

No tune? That bs. You add on a 125shot and dont add fuel? right

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Not BS - they used a wet system. I assume you know what that is?

That car belongs to Justin Burcham of JPC Performance in Maryland. They literally picked up the car on a Tuesday afternoon, did the mods listed above that evening (its a shop - they have the people and resources to do it), and went to the track the next day with the sole purpose of beating Evolution Performance into the 10s (which they did by a few hours).

silver
    2002 ws6

whats impressive is an n\a ford modular running 10's.. not the timeline in which they did . these people have years of experience with these cars and all the means at hand.

it's like an ls1 based performance shop taking a stock fbody and running 10's with it the next day. it's not that impressive, they have the resources.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Just cuz its DOHC doesnt mean its cammed u can clearly hear the lope on that car they ARE a performance shop so that doesnt mean they dont have machinst there. Im not trying to argue anything yea its impressive that a ford can finally do that N/A but i wouldnt think that it was just bolt ons and a tune i would say maybe a 100 shot and ya it would get there. Still a nice car dont get me wrong but i say something else is done to it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information