Hide ya kids Hide ya wife 94ss06gxp's Avatar

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

Intake Question??

hey everyone i have a SLP CAI that is dual tubes , heres a pic of the same one i have

now my question is. right after it goes to the Y it connects to the MAF, since its so close the the MAF where the 2 tubes merge is that airflow messing with the MAF readings? i read somewhere that if the dual intakes merge is to close to the MAF it can mess it up?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Proper positioning of the MAF is critical so that it reads actual airflow. I assume this is a pre-fabbed kit and that the manufacturer took this into consideration. This being said, you should still have a tuner run some steady state testing and adjust the MAF tables accordingly. Essentially, through the use of a wideband a tuner can read the engine's air-fuel ratio across the load range and make changes where necessary to ensure that the MAF's output matches the actual quantity of air being ingested.

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Proper positioning of the MAF is critical so that it reads actual airflow. I assume this is a pre-fabbed kit and that the manufacturer took this into consideration. This being said, you should still have a tuner run some steady state testing and adjust the MAF tables accordingly. Essentially, through the use of a wideband a tuner can read the engine's air-fuel ratio across the load range and make changes where necessary to ensure that the MAF's output matches the actual quantity of air being ingested.
    yup prefabbed kit, i dont know anyone in my area who can tune an LT1, but i will see what i can do, i really think im just gonna see if anyone will trade for like a K&N or something but idk. thanks for the reply !!!

White
    1998 Trans Am

I used to see those on alot of LT1 cars before the LS1's became so popular. That kit works fine never had any friends that has a issue. I run the twin filter Volant on My LS1 with the WS6 hood opened up for better flow annd it runs fine.

Silver, Stealth Gray
    97 SS CLONE, 06 GP GXP

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I used to see those on alot of LT1 cars before the LS1's became so popular. That kit works fine never had any friends that has a issue. I run the twin filter Volant on My LS1 with the WS6 hood opened up for better flow annd it runs fine.
    i havent had a problem, just was reading some stuff about dual intake type setups, thanks for the reply!!

Thread Information