Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post

see even the little guy is shifting! how lame would the little guy be if he didnt shift? very lame!
    hahaha good point

Red
    00 Z28

Ive had both and prefer the Stalled auto over the M6 but a stock auto i would take the M6. plus the A4 is very consistent at the track which makes it easier to make money lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

see even the little guy is shifting! how lame would the little guy be if he didnt shift? very lame!
    THAT IS HILARIOUS
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Either way, it seems the auto comes out on top in this case.
    The problem with most of the T56's I've seen is the driver. There are some weak spots that contribute to it, like the clutch system, syncros and forks, all being problematic, but the bottom line is you rarely see a T56 power shifted and driven hard by anyone. They need worked on to be as slick as they should be. Stock form they suck, especially when more power is applied, plain and simple.

When you get a subpar driver, which seems to happen alot, it's easy pickins for an auto car.
    You'll see better shifting at the track with cars that have been worked on. But on the street it's a different ball game. I would actually prefer to pull up next to a stick car while driving my auto

I own both expamples of a 4th gen, so I'm not really bias either way, but if it came down to really wanting to race something, I'd rather be in the auto, because that T56 is just not smooth enough to feel comfortable power shifting. I'd feel better if it had a good ole' muncie in it. I drive a couple of muncie equipped cars, and they practically fall into gear themselves compared to a notchy T56.

Honestly when it comes to 4th gens with either transmission, they both need to be improved upon. In stock form they both have weaknesses.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Either way, it seems the auto comes out on top in this case.
    The problem with most of the T56's I've seen is the driver. There are some weak spots that contribute to it, like the clutch system, syncros and forks, all being problematic, but the bottom line is you rarely see a T56 power shifted and driven hard by anyone. They need worked on to be as slick as they should be. Stock form they suck, especially when more power is applied, plain and simple.

When you get a subpar driver, which seems to happen alot, it's easy pickins for an auto car.
    You'll see better shifting at the track with cars that have been worked on. But on the street it's a different ball game. I would actually prefer to pull up next to a stick car while driving my auto

I own both expamples of a 4th gen, so I'm not really bias either way, but if it came down to really wanting to race something, I'd rather be in the auto, because that T56 is just not smooth enough to feel comfortable power shifting. I'd feel better if it had a good ole' muncie in it. I drive a couple of muncie equipped cars, and they practically fall into gear themselves compared to a notchy T56.

Honestly when it comes to 4th gens with either transmission, they both need to be improved upon. In stock form they both have weaknesses.
    With my short shifter I used to slam gears every week. I beat all my auto lt1 and ls1 friends, 1 even had stalled lt1 car. But yes i agree they both need improvements, although my stock t-56 handled 430whp just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    With my short shifter I used to slam gears every week. I beat all my auto lt1 and ls1 friends, 1 even had stalled lt1 car. But yes i agree they both need improvements, although my stock t-56 handled 430whp just fine.
    They can handle power, so long as stock rubber is used, and you don't get that aggressive at the starting line.

I've seen the output shafts snap like a twig on even mild 12 second cars,,,all it takes are sticky tires and 4,000 rpm clutch dumps. The T56 is "OKAY" but it's not going to take drag racing abuse for too long in stock form. And that excludes everyone out there that thinks slipping the clutch out of the hole and granny shifting is drag racing

Shucks I can drive like that with an old Saginaw and say it holds 400 hp just fine,,,,lol.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 06-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    They can handle power, so long as stock rubber is used, and you don't get that aggressive at the starting line.

I've seen the output shafts snap like a twig on even mild 12 second cars,,,all it takes are sticky tires and 4,000 rpm clutch dumps. The T56 is "OKAY" but it's not going to take drag racing abuse for too long in stock form. And that excludes everyone out there that thinks slipping the clutch out of the hole and granny shifting is drag racing

Shucks I can drive like that with an old Saginaw and say it holds 400 hp just fine,,,,lol.
    I had et streets on it for a while and did quite a bit of 4,000+ rpm launches on the street. But I too have seen the break from bolt on power levels.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

um, no. m6's are always better. better (and more) gears, and ALOT more fun to drive!

More gears now equate to being better? Shucks someone needs to tell all the Powerglide using race cars they need more gears. My M6 GTO needs to tell my stalled auto Z28 that it would have been even a close race while they're at it.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

um, no. m6's are always better. better (and more) gears, and ALOT more fun to drive!

Thread Information