Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by ls1dreaming View Post
    Autobahn (sp).
    The autobahn wins. I was stationed in Germany for two years and got to enjoy it.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by damianj03 View Post
    wonder what would happen between the veron and the gorilla vette in the FI section?
    Aye that would be a killer to see.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I think the horsepower thing is gettin out of hand to be honest. I had no problem with seeing 435 horsepower in top of the line vettes but the ZR1 is playing with 700, And who needs to go 200mph? I would rather see a car that is fastest down a 1/4 mile. Eh, I'm speaking out of my ass.
    It's just like the CPU wars of recent years (yeah I am a geek). All Intel and AMD did was pump out CPUs with a higher mhz rating than the other guys, until they hit the ceiling and had to find truly innovative ways to improve performance.

Same with performance cars. The ignorant masses see a higher number and are easily convinced it means 'better'.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    It's just like the CPU wars of recent years (yeah I am a geek). All Intel and AMD did was pump out CPUs with a higher mhz rating than the other guys, until they hit the ceiling and had to find truly innovative ways to improve performance.

Same with performance cars. The ignorant masses see a higher number and are easily convinced it means 'better'.
    however in the case of the veyron ...it is better ....yea you can throw some turbos on a z06 ..but the veyron has tires custom for the car and its high speed acceleration but more important its braking ....its rotors and pads are made specially to handle the power...the veyron's rear suspension and chassis are made by a company that makes areospace parts.....so it is like overclocking a cpu (tt vettes etc) compared to a production cpu (veyron)

the overclocked cpu can run at the same speed if not faster than a regular clocked cpu...but the regular cpu is made for that speed and as such its heat and power consumption and ease of use/stability is good...however the overclocked runs hot , consumes a lot of power, and the use and stability is compromised

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    however in the case of the veyron ...it is better ....yea you can throw some turbos on a z06 ..but the veyron has tires custom for the car and its high speed acceleration but more important its braking ....its rotors and pads are made specially to handle the power...the veyron's rear suspension and chassis are made by a company that makes areospace parts.....so it is like overclocking a cpu (tt vettes etc) compared to a production cpu (veyron)

the overclocked cpu can run at the same speed if not faster than a regular clocked cpu...but the regular cpu is made for that speed and as such its heat and power consumption and ease of use/stability is good...however the overclocked runs hot , consumes a lot of power, and the use and stability is compromised
    oh no doubt, you're completely right about both the car and the cpu analogy. I simply mean that performance car makers tend to focus on that one number as the sole important factor, and rich ignorant people pays gobs of money to get that higher HP number. And soon they're (probably) have to find other ways to improve performance that don't deal strictly with that magic HP number...

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    oh no doubt, you're completely right about both the car and the cpu analogy. I simply mean that performance car makers tend to focus on that one number as the sole important factor, and rich ignorant people pays gobs of money to get that higher HP number. And soon they're (probably) have to find other ways to improve performance that don't deal strictly with that magic HP number...

Some entertainment for you guys from Top Gear. Enjoy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o[/ame]

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

ok, I have to admit, that's a pretty badass car. Only 850k pounds... what's that, about 1.5 million US?

I can't even imagine the tunnel vision you'd have at 200+ mph... 12 minutes of fuel, 15 minutes of tires at top speed. That's awesome.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

saw one down here in S Fl. driving around. I see one every now and then in a dealership but it was pretty cool to see it on the road. Honestly i'm no fan of its styling. If i had a choice i would be all over the SSC Aero, looks a hell of a lot better and just as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    saw one down here in S Fl. driving around. I see one every now and then in a dealership but it was pretty cool to see it on the road. Honestly i'm no fan of its styling. If i had a choice i would be all over the SSC Aero, looks a hell of a lot better and just as fast.
    Yeah, but the SSC Aero TT is quite a handful. When they where going for the world record, the driver reported tire spin at 150mph that filled the cabin with smoke when he tried to go full throttle. The Bugatti Veyron will do it's top speed run with you sipping a cup of coffee, one hand on the wheel, with perfect traction, and no drama whatsoever. That's the difference. Of course that doesn't appeal to everyone, but the car is a technological/mechanical marvel for being able to civilize and tame 1001hp in a road car that any idiot can drive.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Yeah, but the SSC Aero TT is quite a handful. When they where going for the world record, the driver reported tire spin at 150mph that filled the cabin with smoke when he tried to go full throttle. The Bugatti Veyron will do it's top speed run with you sipping a cup of coffee, one hand on the wheel, with perfect traction, and no drama whatsoever. That's the difference. Of course that doesn't appeal to everyone, but the car is a technological/mechanical marvel for being able to civilize and tame 1001hp in a road car that any idiot can drive.
    Troof, any fi v8 can make 1000hp hell alot of 4 bangers and most 6s with fi can. But making it refined, streetable, built to handle the power and easy to handle like the veyron is another story.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

amazingg

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I agree but disagree. The Z06 out handles that car, damn near out brakes it (60% of braking comes from the Wing of the Veyron) Watched a special on it for a couple hours, its nice but its also junk. That being said, if I was rich I would rock it because I could But since I'm smart, it would be the last car I would buy I care about my money unlike the rich
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I agree but disagree. The Z06 out handles that car, damn near out brakes it (60% of braking comes from the Wing of the Veyron) Watched a special on it for a couple hours, its nice but its also junk. That being said, if I was rich I would rock it because I could But since I'm smart, it would be the last car I would buy I care about my money unlike the rich
    think about that for a little bit ......a 1000 pound lighter car almost brakes as well as it ........and i dont think the same can be said for 150-0 etc ......i dont know how you could call it junk tho ........the transmission is a work of art..shifts in 150 milliseconds ..that wing as you said is for increased braking but made by a aerospace company .....but the biggest thing about the veyron is its ease of use...it has all the bells and whistles and is smooth at 60 as it is at 200mph ........i also doubt that gorillavette's car will be posting up braking times like that or such...however the powerplant seems overkill ...a W16 plus TTs ...it could have been done with less..but none the less it is a amazing car in terms of engineering and such ...and yeah i herd it handles corners like shit

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

It's an over priced peice because of all the engineering that went in to it.
    I'm watchin this show about it right now and they said base price with no options is 1,750,000!!!! WTF?

98' trans am

It's an over priced peice because of all the engineering that went in to it.
    how does that make it overpriced......your car's msrp was based on the engineering and the cost of manufacturing plus a profit. same as the veyron ..

98' trans am

I'm watchin this show about it right now and they said base price with no options is 1,750,000!!!! WTF?
    lol could you imagine cutting a check for that much....might need to ask for special checks that have a larger spot to write in the amount

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

It's overpriced man, were talking about nearly 2 million for a car!
    Imagine all the cars you can buy for that much.

I'd have my 70 chevelle ss ls6, 69 z/28 302, 70 AAR cuda, 67 corvette 427, 70 nova ss, 69 roadrunner, 09 ZR1..... Get the picture? I'd get much much more pleasure out of those and still have enough money to buy gas!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

lol could you imagine cutting a check for that much....might need to ask for special checks that have a larger spot to write in the amount
    If I'm writting a check for that much you can bet I won't be standing in a Bugatti(sp) dealer. Can we say Ferrari? lol
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    If I'm writting a check for that much you can bet I won't be standing in a Bugatti(sp) dealer. Can we say Ferrari? lol
    i would only take the enzo, 599 and the italia (sp) when it comes to ferrari ...i wouldnt even touch lambos...but a koenigsegg ccxr...yes plz!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information