Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Collector Edition Yellow
    2002 Trans Am CETA# 861

138 mph with a girl on my lap manning the operator. She looked like Medusa! LMAO! Good times...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I obey the law....

PS - I am currently on probation for 6 months

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I obey the law...

PS - I am currently on probation for 6 months
    Nice!
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Had my t/a at 140-145ish around midnight on I70 cruisin with buds.. Well haulin ass with buds & thers rides lol but it climbed up ther easier than I thout & she was still goin ... But yea just def keep ur windows up if tops up

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

140 top up and 135 top down both very fun!!!

Mystic Teal Blue
    2000 Z28 Convertible

My 2000 Z/28 6spd convertible was ordered by the dealership and they didn't get the high performance tires, who would do that. It was 125 dollar option on a car that listed for 29,000. So it is limited to 115 mph, which is very easy to attain. Before I bought the car I made sure that the limiter could be removed. With the stock skinny tires you have to be real easy on the trottle. I bought a set of SS wheels for slp soon after I bought the car.

Black/Black/Black
    2000 Camaro SS Vert #5301

145 top up, 125 top down.
    2000 SS vert, #5301, triple black, A4, leather, 3.23,SLP lid & D/D, STB, chrome 5 spokes
    USN '64-'88
    #3 1951-2001

www.fquick.com/planemech2

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by dav-02ws6-m6 View Post
    i'm with you men the fastest i've gone is 110-120 here in va we don't have nice strait roads without traffic (i am a little afraid of i ticket at 140's or 150's besides my insurance is already high. )
    Ticket...lol.....At that speed they`ll impound you and the car.

You don't have to worry about a simple ticket In most all states that I'm aware of,,,anything 25 mph over the limit or more,,,,and it's automatic revoke of license and car impoundment. A ticket is the least of your worries.

factory metalic red
    2002 Z28

Ivedone 150 top down the slowed and passed by a cop doing the speed

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by 02z28ttop; 08-30-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

the one time i got around 150 i slowed down and about a mile down the road got pulled over and ticketed for 75 in a 65. That was the last of that, not worth losing my license.

- - - Updated - - -

the one time i got around 150 i slowed down and about a mile down the road got pulled over and ticketed for 75 in a 65. That was the last of that, not worth losing my license.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Once....years before my SS.....I was jammin down the coast Highway 1 ..its a coastal highway very scenic - a two lane road with only the yellow lines as a divider...Pacific ocean on one side the mountians on the other..well i thought hey im havin fun lets open her up and see whats cookin...so i did i was doin about 95 to 100+ mph when the next thing i know coming towards me in the oncoming lane was a California highway Patrol car (the 5.0 mustang)...i passed him so fast it looked like a blur,but in my side view mirror i saw that CHP stang pull off the side shoulder in the sand/dirt and do a 360 coming for me!.. Damn it...so i thought ok maybe i could give him the ol slipper rooney down a back road,as im weaving around corners i can hear his siren and tires squeeling behind me a ways back..Then im like F this i dont want him to think im runnin so i pulled over to wait for him...a few seconds later he comes flying into the turn-out pops out of his car into a 3 point weaver stance! After exiting my car at gunpoint and complying with his ordrers the veteran sargeant could tell i was cooperating wasnt hinkey and was just some dumb ass kid speeding and no threat, he preceded to chew me out and write me a ticket...he even gave me a break on the speed because he said if not he would have to arrest me! I got lucky that day.... but it doesnt always work out that way. This is ONE story i wouldnt tell the kids!!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I accidently on purpose raced a state cop once.

Coming down the E-way @~ 110 in my first legal car (Dodge Spirit LE).

Saw this caprice sitting in the turn around lane, had civilian hub caps, car was silver and had no indication that it was a cruiser.

Here even the unmarked cop cars are noticable, it looked to have an older gent driving, and I thought he was just some guy who made a wrong turn.

I slowed to 75 in a 55 and he comes cruisin' up beside me. I look over and again just looked like an older guy.

He tramped it down and I thought, "ok I'm game". so I flogged it.

As soon as I started to pull he spikes the brakes and whips it in behind me.

Sure as shit there were red and blues behind the grill..

He told me he clocked me but was going to let me slide till I desided to be a jerk and race him..

Had the 92 25th over 145 or so before, passed a cop on a side road so fast he did'nt even bother to try..

Good times..lol
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-28-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^ Damn Smitro thats just like another story ( ive amassed a few lol) Mine goes almost like yours ^ above but im in the fast lane on the freeway a car comes riding up on my ass... looks like two suited business men..so i brake check him...then he tries to pass me on the passenger side...im gunning it..start to act like im coming into his lane..he freaks and swerves out of the way...i pass the two guys up...next thing i know i hear.ooweeeeyooo! siren!! Im like huh.WTF? I then realize its the coppers! Fuhhhhhk! When he asked me why i was driving like that...i simply told him the truth..I said hey look..all i knew was that two asshole business men in suits were tailgating me in a large lt.blue sedan? i didnt know you guys were cops?..you didnt have a siren or lights on so how did i know you were cops?..and you guys were tailgating me so i just id scare mess with ya a lil.. think he realized they were wrong for riding ass and let me go with a warning! but boy did that siren freak me out. Ok lesson learned.
    Last edited by SuperSSguy; 09-29-2012 at 11:37 PM.

White
    1998 TA Convertible

150+ but never really worried about the top

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^^ Ive heard ''stories'' about T-tops being blown out i mean like the glass shattering because of flex in the body? Im not sure if the cars had no SFC`s or what...and ive heard that if your really hauling ass with your windows down that a T-top can blow out too? Urban myth or fact ?....

speedo maxed out top up and top down.... if you have the little rubber matts that keep from messing up your orig mats take them out ... I lost the pass side top down !

Thread Information