green
    1997 camaro base

just little bit. but it would be a good point to shoot for eventually

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Looks like I hit a sore spot-the mrs. a little rough on you last night?
    I'm just sayin being competitive against a prelude won't get you by for long.
    I don't have audio currently but i'm guessing the v-6's that are whoopin on v-8's aren't n/a and out of the op's price range, am I right?
    The second video is what appears to be a relatively stock l36 Camaro.
    The first vid is mostly well tuned l67 with stock eaton blowers.. I'm not sore bro, I'm the v6 Doc. (A nickname given to me by a couple senior members)
    One could buy a used cam and a set of used headers, add custom pipes (which is the only kind of exhaust I use) get a tune and easily be in lt1 territory as far as power with a 3800 N/A. Then there's the weight difference too and don't forget torque, we have that too..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-14-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

green
    1997 camaro base

what cold air intake would you recomend using?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by camaronoob View Post
    what cold air intake would you recomend using?
    K&N believe it or not, but NOT the filter. Or better yet custom. You can open up the air box base for those of you whom have a lid type air box like mine.. I usually build custom CAI's so I can't go farther than that as far as off the shelf goes. I just don't look for them to buy because I can fab them in my own fab shop. My 01 has a stock lid and base. But my z34 was a custom. My Camaro will get a custom set up because of the future blower I plan to use..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-14-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added too

green
    1997 camaro base

there are "custom" ones on ebay ... but i dont really know im looking for the ones that look like they would have the most airflow.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by camaronoob View Post
    there are "custom" ones on ebay ... but i dont really know im looking for the ones that look like they would have the most airflow.
    Imho, for the best coldest air flow you've got to get the CAI/filter out of the engine compartment or @ least below it or above it with like an SS hood. A few pieces of say 3 or 3.5" (Anyone with the factory 85mm or roughly 3-3/8in. fly by wire you'll need @ least that dia.) intercooler pipe and some rubber couplings and elbows should do the trick. Then some kind of filter. Conicle filters will work, a mushroom shaped filter would prolly be better tho imho..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-15-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added to

Awaiting Activation

Silver / black
    95 Z28

I put an SLP cold air induction kit on the womans 02 v6 firebird. was easy to install, noticed immediate difference and it was relatively affordable if I remember correctly. She's got a 5-spd, with the SLP induction, pacesetter midlength headers and a dynomax super turbo muffler (will be getting flowmaster catback for her b-day) sounds throaty for a v6 and definately gets out of its own way. Just shop around the different parts places so you don't get hosed. Good luck with the car dude! Keep us posted

green
    1997 camaro base

will do just got my first paycheck once i get a little cushion in my bank acount ill start adding performance

Thread Information