Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Red Evo vs my 98 Z

Alright so i was at my work and my buddies rolled up in a yellow busted up Evo.
    And they were all saying it would beat my car and i just laughed and said whatever i didn't know for sure cause i haven't ran against anything like that yet.

So they leave and i leave about 10 min later i pull out and look in my mirror and see a red evo behind me.
    He speeds up to catch up to me and is sitting there doing his blow off valve bull crap. this evo was a lot nicer than the one my buddy was test driving.

So we stop at the light wait till it turns green we slowly start going and we were sitting at about 45 mph and i heard him nail it he gets about a car legth ahead of me then i nail it and went flying right past him right away.
    got about 4 car lengths ahead and let off i never even got into 4th.

And to think i was kind of stressing that it was gonna be a close race hahaha LS1

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Make sure he dind't just let off before you go running your mouth. This doesn't sound right to me but I'm sure you could take one.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Nice kill my man. Sounds about right to me. third and fourth are bye bye gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

inb4 da war...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Nice kill my man. Sounds about right to me. third and fourth are bye bye gears.
    yup. stock they get out of the hole quick due to their training wheels. but after that they're lame-o

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    yup. stock they get out of the hole quick due to their training wheels. but after that they're lame-o

seriously bud, nice gear choice, nice kill, you mess around, and they will get you.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    inb4 da war...
    No war, I just think these things are fast. They got my respect but that brings up a good point. I've never gotten past 3rd gear in a street race.
    Maybe not a bad thing?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    No war, I just think these things are fast. They got my respect but that brings up a good point. I've never gotten past 3rd gear in a street race.
    Maybe not a bad thing?
    not so much, but you will never realize the cars potential until you get to race out at 70-130, 140. Thats where all this gearing and and downforce come into play. Yeah, those evo's are fast. Stock for stock if you miss youre done.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    Make sure he dind't just let off before you go running your mouth. This doesn't sound right to me but I'm sure you could take one.
    No i could hear him taking that thing balls to the wall

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    Alright so i was at my work and my buddies rolled up in a yellow busted up Evo.
    And they were all saying it would beat my car and i just laughed and said whatever i didn't know for sure cause i haven't ran against anything like that yet.

So they leave and i leave about 10 min later i pull out and look in my mirror and see a red evo behind me.
    He speeds up to catch up to me and is sitting there doing his blow off valve bull crap. this evo was a lot nicer than the one my buddy was test driving.

So we stop at the light wait till it turns green we slowly start going and we were sitting at about 45 mph and i heard him nail it he gets about a car legth ahead of me then i nail it and went flying right past him right away.
    got about 4 car lengths ahead and let off i never even got into 4th.

And to think i was kind of stressing that it was gonna be a close race hahaha LS1
    What mods do you have?

white
    2000 Z28

brand new stock evos dip into the 12s. so do our cars. but just like our cars i expect those 12s to be perfect conditions. so they should run well from a dig but past 110ish the stock turbo falls onits face. with a bigger turbo expect high speed runs to be closer than what you encountered. older evos stock arent much to worry about unless it is a1/8th mile or shorter dig race. again those are stock vs stock comparisons

2000 Trans Am

2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    What mods do you have?
    slp lid knn filter exhaust (not sure what kind) and sfc's

Red
    2001 ws6

ehhh....u shouldnt have walked on an evo that easily...something doesnt sound right to me

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ehhh....u shouldnt have walked on an evo that easily...something doesnt sound right to me
    Why they did a roll race and he went through 2nd and 3rd. Evo 230whp, ls1 300whp. 4 lengths in two gears at a 45mph roll doesnt sound too far off. Unless an evo has one or more of these mods cams/turbo upgrade/meth/race gas/E85 it isnt gonna pull a lightly modded ls1 from a roll.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-26-2010 at 02:27 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Why they did a roll race and he went through 2nd and 3rd. Evo 230whp, ls1 300whp. 4 lengths in two gears at a 45mph roll doesnt sound too far off. Unless an evo has one or more of these mods cams/turbo upgrade/meth/race gas/E85 it isnt gonna pull a lightly modded ls1 from a roll.
    This.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Evo's are not that fast at all really. i would like to see how i stand with a sti tho

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Evo's are not that fast at all really. i would like to see how i stand with a sti tho
    dead heat on the highway.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

My bud has an 07 sti. got it brand new and still has it.
    my stock 20K mile ta vs his brand new stock sti; Roll race start in second to top of third I was up atleast 2 cars.

He was upset, put 3 grand in stainless exhaust, Intake and a programming chip that allows launch control and such
    Same roll race he was up a fender.
    From a dig he killed me on the launch but I quickly regained the distance but race was over before I could overtake him.
    Roll on highway to 110mph he actually held a car length on me and was inching away.

I was upset and put 1500 in my exhaust and once again the roles flipped. I kill him from a 20 roll. Havent raced from a dig yet but I hear once my tune is in that I will get even better results.

Bottom line. part for part, U will take an sti

Thread Information