Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Wow Jeff. Great looking car. I love it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    nice ride, jeff....any plans for mods? or you stayin origional with this one?

This one will stay 99% original. The only exception will most likely be a high flow cat and maybe a Pypes or Magnaflow exhaust. The engine bay clutter on cars from this era always bothers me, but so be it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Wow Jeff. Great looking car. I love it.

Thanks Jon. It's just one of those cars that I have always wanted to have.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! I really do not know a whole lot about the G-bodies. Fortunately, I was able to find both the factory service and body manuals while I was still at Carlisle. Right now, I have the steering column partially disassembled as I need to tighten it up. It is so loose that you have to hold it in just the right position to turn the key off.

Fast -- can the console lid be repaired? The side is just curled up a bit. I can easily push it back into shape, but it does not want to stay.
    i have tried glueing them but it never works. mikesmontes in southern ohio has everything oem. but it expense. as soon as it gets pushed out it's out.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

This one will stay 99% original. The only exception will most likely be a high flow cat and maybe a Pypes or Magnaflow exhaust. The engine bay clutter on cars from this era always bothers me, but so be it.
    i have a straight pipe in mine. with my 700r4 trans 2200 stall i ran 15.6/7 at 87/89. pretty much stock. car jumps out of the whole then fall on it's face.

Black
    2005 GTO

Thanks for the info guys! I really do not know a whole lot about the G-bodies. Fortunately, I was able to find both the factory service and body manuals while I was still at Carlisle. Right now, I have the steering column partially disassembled as I need to tighten it up. It is so loose that you have to hold it in just the right position to turn the key off.

Fast -- can the console lid be repaired? The side is just curled up a bit. I can easily push it back into shape, but it does not want to stay.

Check out montecarloss.com lots of good info. They can pretty much help you with anything you could possible need alot of very knowledgeable guys over there.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    i have tried glueing them but it never works. mikesmontes in southern ohio has everything oem. but it expense. as soon as it gets pushed out it's out.

I found Mike's during a quick scan on e-bay to see what is available for these cars. Do you consider him a reputable vendor? I pretty much figured that the lid might be unsalvageable -- but I will probably still make an attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Check out montecarloss.com lots of good info. They can pretty much help you with anything you could possible need alot of very knowledgeable guys over there.

Thanks!

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

I found Mike's during a quick scan on e-bay to see what is available for these cars. Do you consider him a reputable vendor? I pretty much figured that the lid might be unsalvageable -- but I will probably still make an attempt.

Thanks!
    he is great he has tons of stuff new and used. i have bought from him about 5times. if you go to montecarloss.com they have some site sponsors therer also dixie something is good to along with honest charlies, they have it all but it will cost you. there is a guy on ebay that does custom interiors also.
    i'm 1fastmonte11 on mcss.com imagine that.

Junior Member torturedsouls0130's Avatar

Black
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

very nice looking car i have had many monte's, 85 ss, 88 ss, 87 ss areo coupe (which i still have) and a fair amount a regular monte's. if you need any parts or and help with it let me know.

things to remember on this car is the plate on the dash on the pass. side, the shifter plate and the outside of the gauge cluster is only one year item. so keep those in good shape along with the part between the bumper and trunk deck. those rott out and the clear comes off the top off the bumper.
    rear end should be 342 gears one wheel peel. 87/88 got the limited slip 373 gears.
    i have lots of parts for these cars if you need anything. complete exhaust, SS front bumper, spoilers, grey dash door panels. and much more.

i do have something you might be interested in though.
    i have 2 sets of all the side markers that have the chevy bowtie in the lights that light up. it looks really cool at night.

good luck with the car they are a lot of fun. be carefull with that 180 hp.
    I bought my car from a private dealer. I checked the vin number. It is a 1985 Monte Carlo SS with the 5.0L. It has a posi rear because i lifted the rear and spined the tires they both moved in the same direction at the same time. I don't have a posi rear G80 RPO code in my trunk and it don't have the "2TF" indicates a non-limited slip 3.73 differential or the "2TH" indicates a limited slip (Posi) 3.73 differential like other sites recommend. I know it's a posi My question is how the hell can I tell what gears are in the rear? And I am putting in a 600 hp 383 stroker with a trans and stall converter to handle the power. Would you know if I had a 3.73 gears and how to prove it? Also if my stock 3.73 would handle the new HP? Please help me I am going nuts trying to figure out what gears are in my rear. I was told by my speed shop that these 1985's never came out of the factory with 3.73 gears.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by torturedsouls0130 View Post
    I bought my car from a private dealer. I checked the vin number. It is a 1985 Monte Carlo SS with the 5.0L. It has a posi rear because i lifted the rear and spined the tires they both moved in the same direction at the same time. I don't have a posi rear G80 RPO code in my trunk and it don't have the "2TF" indicates a non-limited slip 3.73 differential or the "2TH" indicates a limited slip (Posi) 3.73 differential like other sites recommend. I know it's a posi My question is how the hell can I tell what gears are in the rear? And I am putting in a 600 hp 383 stroker with a trans and stall converter to handle the power. Would you know if I had a 3.73 gears and how to prove it? Also if my stock 3.73 would handle the new HP? Please help me I am going nuts trying to figure out what gears are in my rear. I was told by my speed shop that these 1985's never came out of the factory with 3.73 gears.
    85 should be 342 gears. i have hadn't anything but maybe 220hp in mine. but from what everyone says anything over 350 hp you start breaking them. i would get a moser and call it a day.

jeff if you are looking for anything pm me. i have some brand new headers in the box.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Easiest way to check your gear ratio is to put the back of the car up in the air (with the front wheels blocked!) Place the transmission in "neutral" and then get under the car with a marker or crayon.

Place a mark on the rear driveshaft yoke or pinion flange and a matching mark on the differential. Also place a mark on the tire so that you will be able to count one (1) full rotation. Then turn the driveshaft and count how may times it goes around to make the tire turn one (1) complete revolution. That is your gear ratio.

It will be approximate but very close so you can figure it out. For example:

3-1/2 turns will be a 3.42 ratio

3-3/4 turns will be a 3.73 ratio

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

85 should be 342 gears. i have hadn't anything but maybe 220hp in mine. but from what everyone says anything over 350 hp you start breaking them. i would get a moser and call it a day.

jeff if you are looking for anything pm me. i have some brand new headers in the box.

Thanks! I will be working on the car more over the next several days and will start a wish list.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Thanks! I will be working on the car more over the next several days and will start a wish list.
    let me know i have a 350 block. and everything is new in boxes. everything is from summit.

Black
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Talking

let me know i have a 350 block. and everything is new in boxes. everything is from summit.
    Thank you so much for your help

Black
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Easiest way to check your gear ratio is to put the back of the car up in the air (with the front wheels blocked!) Place the transmission in "neutral" and then get under the car with a marker or crayon.

Place a mark on the rear driveshaft yoke or pinion flange and a matching mark on the differential. Also place a mark on the tire so that you will be able to count one (1) full rotation. Then turn the driveshaft and count how may times it goes around to make the tire turn one (1) complete revolution. That is your gear ratio.

It will be approximate but very close so you can figure it out. For example:

3-1/2 turns will be a 3.42 ratio

3-3/4 turns will be a 3.73 ratio
    Thank you so much I will do that first thing tomorrow. Also weather it be a 3.73 or 3.42 it's stock do you think it will handle the new 600 hp or should I replace the gears?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Thank you so much I will do that first thing tomorrow. Also weather it be a 3.73 or 3.42 it's stock do you think it will handle the new 600 hp or should I replace the gears?

In the long run... no. But as long as you are not launching the car on drag tires, you may get some life out of it.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

10 bolt, I would'nt even try it imho..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Damn that things a virgin. Time to pop that koochie. lol Always liked those things. There is one running around here painted up with wranger colors and a big number 3 on the side of it with the areo back glass. Should have be Black and silver lol

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Having a little struggle with the steering column this evening. I had to tear it down quite a ways to tighten up the torx head bolts under the cover (not the ones you see in the pic). You could actually move the steering wheel around quite a bit as they had loosened up.

I have all the complicated stuff back together... but can't seem to get the turn signal cam assembly to seat. It appears to be hitting on the key buzzer switch (circled in red below). If I pull the key buzzer, the turn signal assembly slides right into place. Not sure what is going on. I have tried rotating it, angling it, applying light pressure, and it just won't seat. Any trick to this?

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Clean car Jeff nice find. I want to say there is a trick but I'm drawing a blank since its been a few years since I've been in one

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information