Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    well going by the trend with fords n\a modulars, it's a safe assumption that the new 5.0 will be pretty maxed out. that being said this is a new engine so time will tell.
    None of Fords mods engines were even closed to be maxed.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I'm not an expert on anything...with the possible exception of starting....uh....hmm...."lively discussions" on the internet.

The 4.6 is relevant in that it has the same DOHC arrangement as the 5.0, as opposed to the OHV setup in the LS-series. Once there is enough aftermarket to create competition (as has happened with EVERY mass-produced Ford, GM or Chrysler performance engine ever made), the prices for things like cams/valves/pistons/bolt-ons etc will come down to about the same level as we've seen for previous engines.

I never gave an opinion on how well I thought the 5.0 would respond to mods as compared to the LS3.

I'm the one wearing the helmet in the bottom picture. As far as you know. But if I were in the other one, it wouldn't be the far left (that is Steve Wolcott[sp] from the NMRA - he's the youngster in that picture).

The 5.0 heads are indeed impressive (they make the motor). It will be quite some time though before we'll know what can be done with them as far as porting, cams, etc. Same can be said of headers, other exhaust pieces, intake stuff, dyno tunes, etc. Right now, it is all speculation.

So long as there are no unforseen issues with it, there is no reason to be afraid of Ti-VCT. The potential to change the way the engine behaves with this system might....perhaps should....prove to be very interesting. We (the general backyard performance enthusiasts) just have to learn how and what to do with it.

Also don't forget the 2011 V6 Mustang. This base model V6 Mustang now has 100 more horsepower than last year's V6 model, and about the same power as last year's GT model.

13.7@102 isn't to shabby for the run of the mill Mustang V6:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qqzgyy3jBE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qqzgyy3jBE[/ame]

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

If that 5.0 motor holds the boost pretty well its going to get ugly out there for everything else on the street. But its probably going to be weak and break under boost. Maybe not. 4 cam engines always respond nicely to boost.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by seamurda View Post
    If that 5.0 motor holds the boost pretty well its going to get ugly out there for everything else on the street. But its probably going to be weak and break under boost. Maybe not. 4 cam engines always respond nicely to boost.
    forged crankshaft..but the piston are Hypereutectic pistons ...with 11:1 compression ...however ford racing and roush have S/cs that are expected in the 500-550 range.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Also don't forget the 2011 V6 Mustang. This base model V6 Mustang now has 100 more horsepower than last year's V6 model, and about the same power as last year's GT model.

hell yes....that is one thing i was going to adress early but forgot to in the other thread with Zingery ..i am very impressed with the v6...i wont be able to tease people about v6 stangs when they run 13.7....that shit is very impressive to me.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I'm not an expert on anything...with the possible exception of starting....uh....hmm...."lively discussions" on the internet.

I never gave an opinion on how well I thought the 5.0 would respond to mods as compared to the LS3.

I'm the one wearing the helmet in the bottom picture. As far as you know. But if I were in the other one, it wouldn't be the far left (that is Steve Wolcott[sp] from the NMRA - he's the youngster in that picture).
    i can agree you are an expert on that.

the reason i brought that up was due to your claims of my baseless and un-educated presumptions.

are the guy in the background holding the denso sign

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    M6 SS Camaros do not have DOD - only the A6 does.

Firebirdjones.....here's a pic of the 2011 5.0 tubular exhaust....

Click for full size

Definately nice for a factory piece. This is what most of the internet know-it-alls are using for the basis of their assumption that the 5.0 is maxed out or pretty much maxed out or whatever (though I'm sure someone will quote other things....which will provide some more fun).

Time will tell.

Thanks for the pic. Interesting looking piece for sure. I can't wait to see what a set of long tubes do for it.

damn that is nice! especially compared to the abortion manifolds of the old 5.0's lol
    Actually starting in around 1984-85, the 5.0's had tubular style shorty headers that continued through the 5.0 production. They were rather small tube diameter, and like I said, short primaries,,,but they were headers none the less.

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Actually starting in around 1984-85, the 5.0's had tubular style shorty headers that continued through the 5.0 production. They were rather small tube diameter, and like I said, short primaries,,,but they were headers none the less.
    They actually sound good too. Not good for power though.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

Not a fan of Fords but a 4 cam v6 sounds like music to my ears..
    Quote Originally Posted by seamurda View Post
    I believe this to be true but we shall see..hehehe
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

i was at the autoshow in nyc and they have a 5.0 on its side so u can see the underbody and the thing comes with a 2.5 inch x pipe stock so they have they thing already running some mods that ppl would be putting on their cars

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    i was at the autoshow in nyc and they have a 5.0 on its side so u can see the underbody and the thing comes with a 2.5 inch x pipe stock so they have they thing already running some mods that ppl would be putting on their cars
    Mustangs have had true dual systems with X pipes since the mid 80's. Even in 1969 and up the cobra jet mustangs had a factory H-pipe in the system.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Wow, that was a slaughter 79mph vs.87mph in the 1/8.
    Last edited by Redegal; 04-06-2010 at 10:52 AM.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    Wow, that was a slaughter. I thought the new Camaro was trapping over 110? That would put it in the low 12's with good traction. What does the new Mustang trap in the 1/4?
    the mustang traps 110-111 just like the camaro.

this video was either one of the bad running l99's, or just bad propaganda.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Changed my post once I saw the 1/8 mile MPH but that's a big difference in speed. I would demand a rematch....

Here you go: 2011 Mustang GT, 2010 Camaro SS, 2010 Challenger SRT8 Showdown

Highlights:

2011 Mustang GT: 4.4s 0-60, 12.7@111.3 1/4 mile
    2010 Camaro SS: 4.7s 0-60, 13.1@110.8 1/4 mile
    2010 Challenger SRT8: 4.8s 0-60, 13.3@106.1 1/4 mile

Ford is now on top:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMktli1m0og"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMktli1m0og[/ame]

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

the mustang traps 110-111 just like the camaro.

this video was either one of the bad running l99's, or just bad propaganda.
    Even great running ls3 m6 2010s only run 12.7s-12.8s and the magazines have already gotten that out of the stang. Once it hits the street people will get deeper into the 12s.

98' trans am

impressive ..12.7 is a solid time

98' trans am

i doubt this is the case...but what would everyone do if ford pulled a Nissan and gave the editors ringers

...i personally would laugh

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information