Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Blue
    2009 Jeep SRT8 & 1999 WS6

Too Fast- The Back seats of the Jeep have barely any leg room (about the same as the WS6). My son is two years old, so leg room is not an issue yet. Hopefully the new SRT8 Jeep will be out by the time I need a bigger back seat.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by wolfews6 View Post
    The Charger and Challenger can not hit 4.4 0-60mph stock, which is why for the same ET, they will trap higher. I had a Charger before the Jeep. It was faster "from a roll on the highway", but not from a standing start. I got stuck in the snow too many times to ever want to drive it again during the winter, so I bought the Jeep.

I have yet to find another vehicle I can drive everyday that has the traits of a sports car and will not get stuck. Yes it gets 11mpg on premium, but the extra gas is better than driving a new sports car for only 7 months of the year and a beater for 5 months. It is the best compromise I know of.

Try driving a WS6 in the snow. I know I don't and that is why my WS6 only has 15,000 miles on it with over 10 years of driving.

Yes the Jeep will run the 1/4 mile in 13.0 stock.

My 4.4sec 0-60mph run also had 2 people in the car and a car seat(no child on board at the time). Try that in a WS6.

Don't get me wrong the WS6 is one of the best looking cars ever made and very fun to drive (which is why I still own it), but the technology in the new cars is amazing.

Don't be upset that my "SUV" is faster in almost every category than most "sports cars" including the F-body's.

Subarus, evos, audis all have sporty AWD cars with 300-420hp. They have more interior room, great in snow and i know STIs and EVOs, s4s, rs4s have all gone 0-60 in 4.4. They also handle better brake better and get 25+mpgs.

Dont get me wrong i think the srt-8s jeeps look badass, but a SUV that has no utility is just silly to me. Might as well have gotten something even more fun with better mpgs and the same drivability.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-13-2010 at 07:21 AM.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

my camaro drives perfectly fine in feet of snow. the only issue is getting out of a parking spot with a foot infront and inback of the car of room. a shovel a peeling out a couple of times usually helps though

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    my camaro drives perfectly fine in feet of snow. the only issue is getting out of a parking spot with a foot infront and inback of the car of room. a shovel a peeling out a couple of times usually helps though
    I thought my formula did good in snow with snow tires until i got my subaru with blizzaks. Not even close.

Thread Information