Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Its a little hard to confuse a r/t 5.7 liter 14 second car with the dodge drag pack forged stroker.

white
    2000 Z28

Its a little hard to confuse a r/t 5.7 liter 14 second car with the dodge drag pack forged stroker.
    i dont expect people to know the ins and outs of every package on a car whether they own it or not. as a matter of fact i dont ever start a car conversation for that reason. regardless of age the ignorance always far outweighs the knowledgable. personally having heard of the ford drag package with their 9 sec stang first i would expect the dodge drag pack to be somewhat comparable if i didnt know anything about the package.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    i dont expect people to know the ins and outs of every package on a car whether they own it or not. as a matter of fact i dont ever start a car conversation for that reason. regardless of age the ignorance always far outweighs the knowledgable. personally having heard of the ford drag package with their 9 sec stang first i would expect the dodge drag pack to be somewhat comparable if i didnt know anything about the package.
    I dont expect them to know the ins and outs either but confusing this

with this

is hard. Slicks vs stock street tires, mild 5.7 vs a forged cammed choppy 6.1 liter. Unless the dealer told him this car had the drag package, in which case hes a moron for not actually checking on that and what it is.

Black
    2002 WS6

Call me the old guy I guess, I love the Challengers. Yeh, they are heavy and it hurts them, but I realy love the damn things. There is a Plum Crazy Purple one here on our local lot, I wish I was in a possition to buy it.

Yep, I am 39 (old), little grey coming out too, I had a 1971 Plymouth Road Runner, and a 1970 Dodge Challenger. I wish I had both of those cars now! I am a proud original owner of my 2002 WS6 408LS3 GT-88 car. None of my old Mopars held a candle to this thing, nor would the new Challenger, but I would love to own one.

By the way I am getting ready to bring back to life my 1970 GTX 440 Super Commando car I saved from a sad life in a West Texas field.

The Challenger is a hot ticket item for those of us that was too young to get one before they were all gone. But yep, they are not the fastest thing on the street, but they sure are beautiful!

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_WS6 View Post
    Call me the old guy I guess, I love the Challengers. Yeh, they are heavy and it hurts them, but I realy love the damn things. There is a Plum Crazy Purple one here on our local lot, I wish I was in a possition to buy it.

Yep, I am 39 (old), little grey coming out too, I had a 1971 Plymouth Road Runner, and a 1970 Dodge Challenger. I wish I had both of those cars now! I am a proud original owner of my 2002 WS6 408LS3 GT-88 car. None of my old Mopars held a candle to this thing, nor would the new Challenger, but I would love to own one.

By the way I am getting ready to bring back to life my 1970 GTX 440 Super Commando car I saved from a sad life in a West Texas field.

The Challenger is a hot ticket item for those of us that was too young to get one before they were all gone. But yep, they are not the fastest thing on the street, but they sure are beautiful!
    uuuuugggglllllyyyyy almost as much as you are(lol),give me the camaro anyday

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    The challenger looks 100Xs better than a new camaro. Even most people on this site would agree. Looks are all personal preference but the rear end is horrible.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

The challenger looks 100Xs better than a new camaro. Even most people on this site would agree. Looks are all personal preference but the rear end is horrible.
    i was just giving him shit man,he is a mopar guy so i give him hell

Black
    2002 WS6

I love everything about the Challenger. I would love to buy one with no suspention and not interior, and put an old school 572 Wedge (old 440 style) with some killer heads and maybe do twin GT-88's with a MegaSquirtIII on it. Would be sick. I only need to buy the right lotto ticket to make all my dreams come true.

Tell you what I think they should do next, make the retro Acid late 60's early 70's paint scheme Challenger (and Cuda for that matter), with convertable tops. I might sell my WS6 for one of those. I would never do anything to it, but cruise with the top down all night long.

But this is LS1.com, not wishful dream cars dot com. So I will stop with the Mopar talk.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_WS6 View Post
    I love everything about the Challenger. I would love to buy one with no suspention and not interior, and put an old school 572 Wedge (old 440 style) with some killer heads and maybe do twin GT-88's with a MegaSquirtIII on it. Would be sick. I only need to buy the right lotto ticket to make all my dreams come true.

Tell you what I think they should do next, make the retro Acid late 60's early 70's paint scheme Challenger (and Cuda for that matter), with convertable tops. I might sell my WS6 for one of those. I would never do anything to it, but cruise with the top down all night long.

But this is LS1.com, not wishful dream cars dot com. So I will stop with the Mopar talk.
    why would you strip the suspension ?

also they have plum purple and green already.

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

+1 I wish the GM designers had taken a lesson from the Challenger with the Camaro and spit out an almost identical 69-2010 car! Don't get me wrong, I love the new Camaro's but the Challenger is just a little sweeter IMHO

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    Yah, Dman is a true Camero man, all the way. I can not blame him for that. We all have our faults you know. I have always liked being an outsider, thats the reason for my love of Mopars and Big Chiefs (Pontiacs for the youngster out there).

Quote Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post
    +1 I wish the GM designers had taken a lesson from the Challenger with the Camaro and spit out an almost identical 69-2010 car! Don't get me wrong, I love the new Camaro's but the Challenger is just a little sweeter IMHO
    I'm with ya

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why would you strip the suspension ?

also they have plum purple and green already.
    I would tub it and build a complete chassy is all.

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post
    I agree, if it was a true 69 look I would be drooling all over it. It just has too much of a futuristic look for me, just too much of a jump I think.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I'm personally tired of all the retro stuff. I like the Camaro better.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I'm personally tired of all the retro stuff. I like the Camaro better.
    I'm an ole fogey. Give me retro or I don't want it.

I think Ford and Chrysler will survive, but I'm skeptical about GM. Ford has obviously done something right keeping the retro look of the Mustang all these years,,,,they are the only car manufacture from the big 3 that aren't owned by the government.

Black
    2001 WS6

Well with ford, I think they know how to play their cards...cheap cars that everyone can afford. IMO, to me they're the "car company of america". Also, when people think of america, they think of the mustang as america's sports car. I also think that ford's gotten better sales since all the probs with chrysler and gm. Can you think of anything big deal from gm lately, other than the camaro and vette? Sure, there's the volt..but even that will be a distant cousin of it concept... Better yet, other than the challenger, can you think of anything exciting coming from chrysler? The charger redesign (which isnt much) and the softer looking upcoming 300. So with nothing terribly exciting on the horizon, its inevitable that people looking for american are going to end up at ford. I think ford has the spotlight for now while everyone's skeptical about chrysler and gm..and they have a good reason to be

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    Well with ford, I think they know how to play their cards...cheap cars that everyone can afford. IMO, to me they're the "car company of america". Also, when people think of america, they think of the mustang as america's sports car. I also think that ford's gotten better sales since all the probs with chrysler and gm. Can you think of anything big deal from gm lately, other than the camaro and vette? Sure, there's the volt..but even that will be a distant cousin of it concept... Better yet, other than the challenger, can you think of anything exciting coming from chrysler? The charger redesign (which isnt much) and the softer looking upcoming 300. So with nothing terribly exciting on the horizon, its inevitable that people looking for american are going to end up at ford. I think ford has the spotlight for now while everyone's skeptical about chrysler and gm..and they have a good reason to be
    I agree, although I don't think Chrysler is out of it yet. They've been doing cool retro stuff for many years before the GM and Ford thought of it. That I think has kept them afloat through these tough times. The Prowler was one of their first attempts. A cool retro ride for it's time. The Viper has been a success if you can afford one,,,,ugh.
    Ford had the 50's retro style T-bird for a while that was popular before they decided to go retro with the mustang.

I feel this type of thinking has kept Chrysler and Ford out of deep water. Especially Ford at the moment.

The only retro attempt I recall from GM was that poor attempt at the SSR truck. But you couldn't really tell exactly what that was supposed to emmulate either. GM designers have flopped when it comes to replicating past successful cars. GM's current financial situation shows it when you look at Ford and Chrysler. I honestly believe it's been Ford and Chryslers retro attempts that has carried them along the last 15 years.

The youngin's may not like it, but quite frankly it's the more established middle aged population that is buying the middle and higher priced new cars anyway, which are the people that enjoy the retro because most of us lived through it,,,,and that's the target market.
    They make the cheaper eco boxes for the younger crowds.

Black
    2001 WS6

very true. That ssr truck was neat looking, and they tried that design with the hhr as well.

Yep, I did like the looks of the HHR that came out later. Reminds me of an early 40's Ford coupe,,,,,kinda

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information