Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Silver
    '03 Evo

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    I think that the 97 GT could smoke the Board today. This site is moving sooooo slow today, that my nephew who just started walking could put 10 bus links on it!
    lol This thread is funny shit!

2000 ss silver bullet volksmech1's Avatar

silver
    2000 camaro ss

glad someone put him in his place. make sure the coffee is from mc donalds so you can get a million dollars for spilling it in your lap while you laugh at him

BlkBird01NHRA
    Maybe greasing his u-joints was his way of admitting defeat- didn't want to say he needed to grease his rear end since that would be to direct.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

race him for money!!!!!!!

CamaroKillZ28
    20bucks? thats it man....try at least 100...ya 20 for each bus you put between him

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Why can't I find ignorant LS1 owners around here?

It's probably because none of them are fast enough to talk shit...

Chris

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold

Chris
    Yeah, maybe true. But, I think we've got a 10 post minimum before you're allowed to talk shit here. Don't worry, you're only four away.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Youngun, I've actually been around a lot longer than you have, and I used to post under the name "12sMustang". Because that moniker no longer fits, and because it was deleted somehow, I've changed my name. We'll see if the admins can restore my post count and original sign up date.

Chris

BLOWN_70_CAMARO
    It's been almost 2 weeks hear anthing on the next race. .... Man give him 2 car lenghts and $50 on the table. Anyone can aford to lose $20. Just watch when he comes back he could have a NOS kit hooked up hidden. That what people do around here take an ASS whoopin know but get ya for big $$$$$ later.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
    8.2 in the 1/8th isn't bad. Faster than my (nearly) stock WS6 (it does 8.6@84).

He probably runs 10.20 in the 1/8.

8.20's would probably put him well into the 12's, which ain't happening for him.

My brother, my cousin, and several friends had 02'-04' GT's when I had my cars (Z28, C5, and Mach 1).

I used to put cruise ship lengths on them and they run a hell of a lot better than the 97's.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Those 04' GT's I knew ran 9.20-9.40 in the 1/8th BTW..

I talk to the guy last night. He said his clutch fluid was low so we couldn't race but we would another time for fun. I told him that I was not going to pull up to the line for under $20. He shut up then but still said he was faster than me. Oh well I ain't worried about it.

Black
    97 Formula

He might be in the process of installing a nitrous kit or some other stuff. Watch for the bait and switch, but his car will probably still be slow considering it only has 215hp stock.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Chris
    In your other post it said your name was 12sMustang, correct. So let me get this straight, it ONLY took a fully built motor and twin turbos to get you there. WOW MUSTANGS ARE GREAT!!! Hold on and let me change my air filter and we'll be door handle to door handle. I love MUSTANG guys, they're intelligent.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro
    In your other post it said your name was 12sMustang, correct. So let me get this straight, it ONLY took a fully built motor and twin turbos to get you there. WOW MUSTANGS ARE GREAT!!! Hold on and let me change my air filter and we'll be door handle to door handle. I love MUSTANG guys, they're intelligent.
    Put your airfilter on and bring it, stud!

haha, no... I was still running a 302 c.i. n/a with just a heads/intake/cam combo when I made it into the 11s, and it was a perfectly mild mannered street car. It went 11.96@112.9 mph. When that car was running high 12s, I selected my screen name on this site. It ran pretty even with a guy that had headers and a cam in his LS1. I was impressed with the potential of the LS1, but he was a friend and I know what he spent on that stuff. I had just about as much invested in my car.

My last twin turbo car actually never ran that quick because I always raced on road courses with it and kept the suspension stiff and never put on drag tires. I took it to the track a couple of times and the best I got out of it was a 12.01@122 mph on a 2.0 60', and you might have had a chance with some serious bolt-ons in a drag race, but still probably couldn't catch it on a highway. That car had a stock shortblock complete with a stock cam, and a GT40 intake w/ GT40X heads. It was really only limited by the stock block.

The current set up (I'm building) won't be limited by the block and will make as much power as I'll ever be interested in having.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Put your airfilter on and bring it, stud!

haha, no... I was still running a 302 c.i. n/a with just a heads/intake/cam combo when I made it into the 11s, and it was a perfectly mild mannered street car. It went 11.96@112.9 mph.
    YEAH 11.9's and you forgot to mention your car was totally gutted with a 4.56 rearend and a 250 SHOT OF SPRAY!!!! Or it ran 11.9's on a trailer being pulled by a TOP FUEL DRAGSTER, with you inside pretending to steer and shift gears. "Perfectly mild mannered street car." I'd like to know your definition of mild mannered street car. It must be some thing that doesn't require Nitro-Methenal and doesn't pull the front tires off the ground 3ft!!!

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Simple fact of the matter is...a Mustang costs a LOT more to get into the 12's than a LS1 ever would. You just can't argue with the horsepower numbers and the displacement.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by articz28
    In his own words it will run 8.20's in the 1/8th with nothing more than a cold air kit and he says the rear end isn't stock.
    He is on crack. Tell that guy to put that stem down and get his lies straight.

It might run "in the eight second range" with 4.56 gears, a 150 shot NOS, full exhaust, and slicks. Nice kill, and try to get more money out of him. If he is smart, he will spend that money in good mods instead of losing face.
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-08-2006 at 10:01 AM.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jking
    My brother, my cousin, and several friends had 02'-04' GT's when I had my cars (Z28, C5, and Mach 1).
    Rank those cars from fav to least fav in your opinion.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro
    YEAH 11.9's and you forgot to mention your car was totally gutted with a 4.56 rearend and a 250 SHOT OF SPRAY!!!! Or it ran 11.9's on a trailer being pulled by a TOP FUEL DRAGSTER, with you inside pretending to steer and shift gears. "Perfectly mild mannered street car." I'd like to know your definition of mild mannered street car. It must be some thing that doesn't require Nitro-Methenal and doesn't pull the front tires off the ground 3ft!!!
    I know you just want to provoke me, but here goes:

It idled so easily that you couldn't tell it was cammed. It had a full-interior, and looked stock everywhere except the engine bay. I even ran the stock pony wheels on the street. It would however pull a tire off the ground on a hard launch with ET Drags. The rear had 4.10s in it. It still made 21 mpg on one long trip from NY to OH.

Chris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information