Thread: Srt4??

1999 Chevy Camaro z28

Srt4??

Man guy at work is making me mad extremly lol!!! Hey has a Srt4 and I have a 99z28 with 6 speed tranny and he wants to race me but I keep telling him wait till i get all my mods on but he calls me chicken lol!! But o well i have no idea what mods he has but im not chancing it to get beat!! I know what thats cars are all about so he will just have to keep on running his mouth and we will find out!! Mods to come for me are 243 heads still debating on cams and on its way are my hooker headers and hooker Y pipe all ready have borla catback exhaust and k&n cold air intake!!

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Tell him to be patient. His ass whoppin will come in time.

1999 Chevy Camaro z28

Lol thats too funny he will wait and see!!!! I think with headers and full exhaust and tune i can take him from a dig!!!

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

his neon stock? if so and you can drive, you'll kill him.

if not, get some basic mods and you'll kill him

or you could go full bolt ons and nitrous and you would probbably beat him

good luck!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

This is what I would do.....

Make the decision on your cam and get all of your parts together. The weekend before you decide to do your H/C swap, tell him you're ready and run him. Right before you go to run him, tell him you're car suddenly started to run a little screwy, but that you'll go ahead and race him anyways. Like I said, regardless of the outcome whether it's win or lose, tell him you'd like to race him the following weekend, after you've "fixed" your car.

Some may consider this stupid, lame, etc. but personally I think it's the more humorous way of doing things

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

This is what I would do.....

Make the decision on your cam and get all of your parts together. The weekend before you decide to do your H/C swap, tell him you're ready and run him. Right before you go to run him, tell him you're car suddenly started to run a little screwy, but that you'll go ahead and race him anyways. Like I said, regardless of the outcome whether it's win or lose, tell him you'd like to race him the following weekend, after you've "fixed" your car.

Some may consider this stupid, lame, etc. but personally I think it's the more humorous way of doing things
    not a bad way to do things...i once emptied out a NOS can, drilled a hole through the bottom as to leave the tab un opened. anyhow i filled it with gas and sealed it up...went to the track made a couple passes, and when alot of people were around, i grabbed the modded can, cracked it and poured the gas in my car...next pass i opened the bottle and ran a second faster lol. all to the sheer amazement of the people who saw me do that.

anyhow, like i said, go run him stock...learn to launch your car and just go run it. if you lose, spend your money on some bolt ons and a good set of tires (mt et street radials work great) so you'll hook better and go run him again.

just my $0.02

oh yeah..a "10 sec neon":
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgv47liyjRo[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    not a bad way to do things...i once emptied out a NOS can, drilled a hole through the bottom as to leave the tab un opened. anyhow i filled it with gas and sealed it up...went to the track made a couple passes, and when alot of people were around, i grabbed the modded can, cracked it and poured the gas in my car...next pass i opened the bottle and ran a second faster lol. all to the sheer amazement of the people who saw me do that.

anyhow, like i said, go run him stock...learn to launch your car and just go run it. if you lose, spend your money on some bolt ons and a good set of tires (mt et street radials work great) so you'll hook better and go run him again.

just my $0.02

oh yeah..a "10 sec neon":
    Bolt ons only SRT-4 vs. 6.0L LS2 GTO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ednhs3f7Myo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ednhs3f7Myo[/ame]

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I ran an LS2 GTO in my old LS1, and I mopped the floor with that thing... 3 times, once from a dig, twice from a roll, by 90, I had 2 cars in all the races. Can't say much about the guy that was driving, he looked amazed and asked me how much money I had tied up in my stock (LM) fbody I know they're heavy but this guy in particular, I don't think he could drive very well

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Bolt ons only SRT-4 vs. 6.0L LS2 GTO

notice that gto driver cant drive for shit...he'd prolly have been beat in a zr1.

retards make decent cars slow.

other vids maybe?

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

notice that gto driver cant drive for shit...he'd prolly have been beat in a zr1.

other vids maybe?
    I agree! I think you should race em now, I think the odds are still in your favor enen if he has a lil bit moded. Dont be afraid of a loss, it isnt really that big of a deal, it just gives u more reasons to buy more shit for ur car.

other vids maybe?
    He only missed one shift. The rest seemed pretty quick to me. Regardless, when they were both on it in gear, the Dodge was pulling away. Nothing some good headers and a tune couldn't fix.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    He only missed one shift. The rest seemed pretty quick to me. Regardless, when they were both on it in gear, the Dodge was pulling away. Nothing some good headers and a tune couldn't fix.
    the gto was in too high of a gear to start the run...didnt clutch the car before the start, im sure with a better driver the race would have been much different

anyhow, the breakdown is that neons run a 13.7 1/4 while a Z28 runs a 13.1 (pro driver)

so it should be a very good race as long as the camaro can launch

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

the gto was in too high of a gear to start the run...didnt clutch the car before the start, im sure with a better driver the race would have been much different
    I don't see how, when both cars were in gear, the SRT was pulling. And there's no "driving experience" needed there. Both cars, WOT, going straight... power prevails... and the GTO was falling behind

anyhow, the breakdown is that neons run a 13.7 1/4 while a Z28 runs a 13.1 (pro driver)
    "Revvin" Evan Smith (MM&FF) got a 2001 SS M6 camaro to run a 12.87 at Englishtown, New Jersey at 3pm on a hot humid late-summer day. They were testing a (then) brand-new '01 Yellow Cobra and comparing the "new" Cobra to the existing LS1 platform. I have the actual magazine away in storage but I'm sure the article is out on the internet somewhere.

In any event, how can you justify putting up times of a car with a "pro driver" and then compare them to average times of a different car? Seems a little moronic to me (don't take offense to this, just think about it)

so it should be a very good race as long as the camaro can launch
    How can you say this, when the OP stated he doesn't even have a clue as to what mods the SRT4 has?

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    I don't see how, when both cars were in gear, the SRT was pulling. And there's no "driving experience" needed there. Both cars, WOT, going straight... power prevails... and the GTO was falling behind

"Revvin" Evan Smith (MM&FF) got a 2001 SS M6 camaro to run a 12.87 at Englishtown, New Jersey at 3pm on a hot humid late-summer day. They were testing a (then) brand-new '01 Yellow Cobra and comparing the "new" Cobra to the existing LS1 platform. I have the actual magazine away in storage but I'm sure the article is out on the internet somewhere.

In any event, how can you justify putting up times of a car with a "pro driver" and then compare them to average times of a different car? Seems a little moronic to me (don't take offense to this, just think about it)

How can you say this, when the OP stated he doesn't even have a clue as to what mods the SRT4 has?
    for the sake of arguing, stfu. its assholes like you that make forums no fun. please go be mr. no fun someplace else.

fuck

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I stated the obvious facts.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

his neon stock? if so and you can drive, you'll kill him.

if not, get some basic mods and you'll kill him

or you could go full bolt ons and nitrous and you would probbably beat him

good luck!
    The quote in bold is from the 3rd reply (4th post) of this thread. This was 20 minutes after t5munoz originally posted. The OP stated he had no idea if this SRT4 in question was stock or not. WHY.... WHY would you ask these questions? Do you not read posts? I swear, there are so many of you that come on here, half read these posts, leave a comment, and then when people such as myself make you guys look mentally handicap, you get all upset like we're picking on you. READ THE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

black
    2000 Ram Air

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOK60fobsV0[/ame]

This is between my two cars, srt is stage1, fmic, and wastegate at 15lbs, ram air is '00 stock a4 with cutout ran 13.5 on bad tires. My bro was by himself in the ta and srt had two passengers just to give you an idea
    Last edited by robram07; 03-29-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: missed video link

maple red
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    The quote in bold is from the 3rd reply (4th post) of this thread. This was 20 minutes after t5munoz originally posted. The OP stated he had no idea if this SRT4 in question was stock or not. WHY.... WHY would you ask these questions? Do you not read posts? I swear, there are so many of you that come on here, half read these posts, leave a comment, and then when people such as myself make you guys look mentally handicap, you get all upset like we're picking on you. READ THE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

1999 Chevy Camaro z28

Lol thats funny im not worried about losing to be honest i know for sure when i finish the bolt ons he cant touch me. THe guy loves to build half ass cars and always blowing up motors lol!!! I love building my strong and right so we will see i know that i will not do it from a roll he will have to beat me at my best and thats a dig.!!!!

Thread Information