Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

New Guy Saying Hello

Hi Everyone,

I'm shopping for an LS1 M6. Incidentally, I've never been much of a "muscle" guy. I'm more into certain imports (taboo around here, I know!). However, my son (he's 11 and mentally challenged) practically flips his lid whenever he sees a Camaro dirve by. So, it's time for me to buy a "toy" (I told my wife before we got married that buying a sports car was non-negotiable) and I'm hoping to find one that he and I can enjoy together.

So, I've been searching around for a little while and I definitely want an LS1/T56. Very respectable powertrain, and I'm looking forward to experiencing a different side of automotive performance.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm shopping for an LS1 M6. Incidentally, I've never been much of a "muscle" guy. I'm more into certain imports (taboo around here, I know!). However, my son (he's 11 and mentally challenged) practically flips his lid whenever he sees a Camaro dirve by. So, it's time for me to buy a "toy" (I told my wife before we got married that buying a sports car was non-negotiable) and I'm hoping to find one that he and I can enjoy together.

So, I've been searching around for a little while and I definitely want an LS1/T56. Very respectable powertrain, and I'm looking forward to experiencing a different side of automotive performance.
    Welcome aboard! Once an F-boy gets under your skin they tend to stay there lol.. I've had 4 myself all Camaro's. Always be @ least one in my driveway.. Happy hunting..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

welcome to the site!!! i hope you find the right car...

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

welcome to ls1

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome to the site. You'll definitely enjoy the car once you find the right one. They are loads of fun.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome! As stated, you won't be sorry. And, your son will be very happy As a matter of fact, you may never buy another import again

Good luck on your search. Be sure to let us know when you find the car that will bring that ear to ear smile to your sons face

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You'll love an LS1, hope you find what you want.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

G'day and welcome.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    As a matter of fact, you may never buy another import again
    LOL!!! Now, when I say "import" I'm not talking about a fast & furious 1.8L 4 banger... just so you know. My favorite car is an NSX (flame suit on ) but generally speaking, a car needs to crank out at least 300 horsepower (stock) to strike my interest.

But, for simplicity's sake, I'll just list the 10 cars that would be in my garage if I had a 10 car garage (in no particular order):

BMW M3 convertible (E46 or E92, like 'em both a lot)
    996 or 997 C4S coupe.
    94 NSX face-lifted and bored/stroked to 3.8L
    Ferrari 575 Barchetta
    '70 Chevelle 454 with a 6 speed (all black exterior, red interior)
    454 Stingray (with too many mods to list)
    Lexus SC 300 with 2JZGTE swap
    Subaru Legacy GT (not an Imprezza WRXSTIABCDEFG) modified for off-roading
    Lexus LS 460 Sport (for hauling the family around)
    And a Dodge Ram 3500 turbo diesel 4x4 with a trailer for hauling all my cars around.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Well...

I took my son out for a test drive over the weekend. He's very, very shy at first, so he wasn't "off the wall" during the ride, but while I was discussing the nitty-gritty with the owner, he kept wanting to go stand next to the car and just... touch it. LOL!!!

Today, I asked him: "Should I get a Dodge Viper or a Camaro?" He looked at me as if having trouble choosing and said "Camaro." (Not that I'm in the market for a Viper... I just wanted to see what he'd say). Anyway, now I just have to get my wife to sign off on it so we can get financed through the bank.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Well...

I took my son out for a test drive over the weekend. He's very, very shy at first, so he wasn't "off the wall" during the ride, but while I was discussing the nitty-gritty with the owner, he kept wanting to go stand next to the car and just... touch it. LOL!!!

Today, I asked him: "Should I get a Dodge Viper or a Camaro?" He looked at me as if having trouble choosing and said "Camaro." (Not that I'm in the market for a Viper... I just wanted to see what he'd say). Anyway, now I just have to get my wife to sign off on it so we can get financed through the bank.
    That's cute

Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Thread Information