Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: z28 vs ls2 gto

Red
    00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Driver's race. My 06 M6 ran high 12's stock, when heatsoaked it was a low 13 car. After my tune the car really woke up and I was running mid 12s consistently. I really think the GTO has the edge stock for stock. Mine felt seat of the pants faster and ran faster times than my stock Trans Am.
    you must be a driving fool because most run around mid 13's stock, in my GTO it was hard to get a good 60' the trap speeds were good it was just the 60' that hurt it

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Glue Maker View Post
    you must be a driving fool because most run around mid 13's stock, in my GTO it was hard to get a good 60' the trap speeds were good it was just the 60' that hurt it
    I got really good at launching the car just from practicing at stop lights, etc. The tires weren't factory, but they were the stock size and weren't DR's. When it heated up is what absolutely killed the car.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by seamurda View Post
    The Camaro has better aerodynamics too. I think it would be a drivers race. The goat is heavier with more power but the Camaro has better Aerodynamics. Just hope that you're John Force and hope hes not.
    I think you are wrong about the aerodynamics........also in the 1/4 mile it wont mean enough difference to even say so unless you are driving something that cuts through the air like a brick.

First time at the track with my stock 6-speed 04 GTO I cut a 1.905 0-60 foot with just driving 2 hours non stop and the tires had 33lbs cold so they probably had 35psi when I hit the light.

I got really good at launching the car just from practicing at stop lights, etc. The tires weren't factory, but they were the stock size and weren't DR's. When it heated up is what absolutely killed the car.
    555's?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    I think you are wrong about the aerodynamics........also in the 1/4 mile it wont mean enough difference to even say so unless you are driving something that cuts through the air like a brick.

First time at the track with my stock 6-speed 04 GTO I cut a 1.905 0-60 foot with just driving 2 hours non stop and the tires had 33lbs cold so they probably had 35psi when I hit the light.

555's?

Ha ha no, I wish. They were Falken. I bought the car with bald rear tires and had to replace em cheap.

Red
    00 Z28

dang i must cant drive then that or the tracks are not prepped good around here the best 60' i ever got was a 2.1 w

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post

555's?
    Aero does matter when you trap over 110 mph.

Ray Charles blue

Ha ha no, I wish. They were Falken. I bought the car with bald rear tires and had to replace em cheap.
    lol.....I tried the 555s and they were great. I also used the Bridgestone RE-01R tire and they kicked ass!

dang i must cant drive then that or the tracks are not prepped good around here the best 60' i ever got was a 2.1 w
    Thats the normal. For my first time I was FREAKING STOKED!

Quote Originally Posted by seamurda View Post
    Aero does matter when you trap over 110 mph.
    Do either of the cars in question trap 110 in stock form (these cars are stock)? No they dont so it plays a very marginal role.

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

The Falkens I had on my car were pretty good but no where as sticky as the Nitto's. Those are good tires for what they are built for. Might stay with a different tire to save my 10 bolt though. the ten bolt doesn't last very long with DR's.

Black
    00 WS6

My money is on the stock LS2 GTO.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Good kill OP. Any idea what kind of times you are running at the track?

Thread Information