Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2003 Mustang GT

I know that...but he said his LS1 is near stock. If that GT had cams and heads, hed be making about 40-50 more rwhp then him. So the GT prolly had exuast. No longtubes though.

And yes I know, the LS1's make sick fuckin power. But Camaros still look hidieous

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun03GT View Post
    I know that...but he said his LS1 is near stock. If that GT had cams and heads, hed be making about 40-50 more rwhp then him. So the GT prolly had exuast. No longtubes though.

And yes I know, the LS1's make sick fuckin power. But Camaros still look hidieous
    Why? If a 3 valve with heads/cams has 350whp and a ls1 with exhaust and a cold air intake can make the same power why not? Just depends how close to stock his camaro is. I had long tubes, exhaust and a lid and put down 357whp in my 2000T/A.

P.S. most people on here think mustangs are ugly, looks are personal preference. Personally this to me looks way better

than this

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    right now i have pacesetter headers and y pipe on order and got slp intake and bellow... Thats it so far I'm looking at doing a tranny and rear end swap, and if needed i want a 383 stroker but i wouldnt mind using the stock ls1... Im looking for a good catback to get what do you suggest
    so a tranny swap?? are u a auto? just find the right combo and you can be in the 10's just with a cam and stock heads.... you don't have to go to a 383 to get the job done... it's all about the combo...

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    so a tranny swap?? are u a auto? just find the right combo and you can be in the 10's just with a cam and stock heads.... you don't have to go to a 383 to get the job done... it's all about the combo...
    Unless he wants to gut his car he aint hittings 10s with a cam only
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-10-2010 at 03:03 PM.

2003 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Why? If a 3 valve with heads/cams has 350whp and a ls1 with exhaust and a cold air intake can make the same power why not? Just depends how close to stock his camaro is. I had long tubes, exhaust and a lid and put down 357whp in my 2000T/A.

P.S. most people on here think mustangs are ugly, looks are personal preference. Personally this to me looks way better

Click for full size

than this

Click for full size
    Yea agreed. BUT, dude look at the picture of the camaro. Sick picture, moving picture. The mustang picture looks hideous...not a good picture if it was any car.

The OP said his car was near stock...so im assuming catback? Intake? But anyways the 3V didnt have heads and cams. A real race is a 03/04 Mach 1 vs LS1. And a race u guys hate hearing, is the Terminator vs LS1. Maybe its supercharged, by a weak 1.7l Eaton, but it also has 8.5:1 compression, and is 65ci less than the 346.

A Cobra may be more expensive, but, easy to hit 500rwhp with. Pulley, tune, exhaust, intake. Sick suspension/handling, out brakes it. Will do the 1/4 at 12.7 with a decent driver, and a 12.3 with a great driver stock.

Arctic White, red/gray

Yea agreed. BUT, dude look at the picture of the camaro. Sick picture, moving picture. The mustang picture looks hideous...not a good picture if it was any car.

The OP said his car was near stock...so im assuming catback? Intake? But anyways the 3V didnt have heads and cams. A real race is a 03/04 Mach 1 vs LS1. And a race u guys hate hearing, is the Terminator vs LS1. Maybe its supercharged, by a weak 1.7l Eaton, but it also has 8.5:1 compression, and is 65ci less than the 346.

A Cobra may be more expensive, but, easy to hit 500rwhp with. Pulley, tune, exhaust, intake. Sick suspension/handling, out brakes it. Will do the 1/4 at 12.7 with a decent driver, and a 12.3 with a great driver stock.
    We dont hate hearing about the termi vs ls1, infact most of us look for them since we are tired of running into 260hp mustang Gts.

Cobra will not run a 12.3 stock, stock means stock everything down to the tires no way will a cobra with stock tires hit 12.3s. We all know what cobras can do and 65ci less means nothing when FI is involved. Mach 1s are a good race stock vs stock but the ls1 car still has the advantage and once modding starts to play a factor the ls1 really leaves the mach 1 behind. You wont be able to teach us anything we dont know about mustangs, as many of us have had/raced/built mustangs.

Even with the car not moving the SS still looks better

Last edited by Zinergy; 03-10-2010 at 04:28 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

To answer the question with Termi's with bolt ons and nitrous you should be able to keep up if not beat a bolt on termi and they usually run from 430-500rwhp give or take with the stock blower, not porter or a KB. Ive seen camaro's with less power keep up and pull on them. As far as Mach 1's thats really based off experience, with my bolt on 93 LT1 with shorty headers and a bad clutch was able to pull on a stock mach 1. Granted my 93Z had 218,000 miles and came stock with 275hp, modded i was pulling about 267-278 rwhp. On the other end of the spectrum your going to have people say a bone stock Mach 1 pull on a bone stock LS1, so who knows how and why, thats street racing. I wanted to edit and add this vid, a bolt on LT1 doesnt do bad at all considering it has shorty headers. This is the same set up i had on my 93Z pretty much(less the spacer and ofcourse the air blocker plate) and the race was about the same outcome. Ofcourse there are others and different outcomes but like i said thats street racing. Nothing taken away from Termi's or Mach 1's there great cars and love the look of them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFzGllZyldY&feature=related[/ame]

This vid is with a LT1 on nitrous going up against a 460rwhp Termi as stated by the person who posted the video in the messages or comments section. LT1's and LS1's as most of us know are insanely fast with nitrous and the RWTQ on the LT1 is crazy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BduKZORvnYE&feature=related[/ame]
    Last edited by karpetcm; 03-12-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

The owner of the mustang said he had cams and hes a friend of mine so I had no reason to doubt him but if you say so lol... but i have a slp intake...... And thats it lol and yeah its a auto i just shift it and ive always got better times at the track doing that rather then having it in drive i would never do that on a daily basis tho

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

And this thread isnt a which ones better thread i hate those threads its just a friendly race

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Ur just jealous cus ur Camaro looks like a Sebring
    thats gotta hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Unless he wants to gut his car he aint hittings 10s with a cam only
    ha I beg to differ..... it is all about the setup.... if you can hook and get a great 60' then you will be fine.... do you wanna see a Camaro that has a stock rear end with 3.23 that is in the tens with stock heads and some weight reduction but yet then agian adding some wieght with certain things???

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I wanna see that lol and hopefully soon

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    ha I beg to differ..... it is all about the setup.... if you can hook and get a great 60' then you will be fine.... do you wanna see a Camaro that has a stock rear end with 3.23 that is in the tens with stock heads and some weight reduction but yet then agian adding some wieght with certain things???
    So i say not without weight reduction and you say wanna see a camaro with stock heads and weight reduction that runs 10s lol. No spray right?

Do you know the weight, not he lost some but added some with certain parts but the actual weight.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-11-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Thread Information