Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by 408WS6 View Post
    I don't know, saying you beat a Honda is like a grown man bragging about how he beat up a 12 year old. There is something alittle sad about it, on top of that-its no challenge at all. I encounter these cars all the time at the track, and I can say racing those cars are like swatting flies. There are some fast ones, but they are rare...
    Well, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...

But you're correct. And I know it's not much of a challenge. While I usually pay such cars no mind, the kid was asking for a beat down. Who puts long wheel studs on the drive axle, claims ignorance and then revs their engine?

OTOH, I generally confine such antics to the track as I have a different car that is considerably quicker than my DD.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

Hopefully you knocked some sense into the kid and he's sobered up buying an ls1 as we speak haha

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    No acorn style lug nuts with slicks. Gotta be open ended and stud has to be out past the end of the nut ~1-1.5 thread diameters.

That's how you can tell if somebody runs "slicked down" at the track (legally).
    Okay legally at the local track, long wheel studs are not looked at until you hit 10.99. I run 11.52 and still have acorn style lug nuts. I do check/measure the studs once home. I run 26" x 10" - 15" Hoosier Drag Slicks...

Last edited by Z28Thunder; 03-02-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Okay legally at the local track, long wheel studs are not looked at until you hit 10.99. I run 11.52 and still have acorn style lug nuts. I do check/measure the studs once home. I run 26" x 10" - 15" Hoosier Drag Slicks...

Click for full size
    There is one exception. The NHRA rule is basically looking for 1.5 x stud diameter for the thread engagement length. If you buy Bogart racing wheels, they design their lugs so that the shank goes all the way through the wheel and bottoms out on the brake rotor. That effectively gives you quite a bit more than the required 1.5 x stud diameter thread engagement, but the studs don't stick out past the lug. I've never been called out on it before, but if I do, all I have to do is pull one lug and show em. Bogart design their lugs for this purpose in mind, so you can run stock length lugs and still pass tech (plus it is stronger).

Thread Information