Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Wiki...

Regardless...there are some out there that can and will go 11.0 at 126MPH.
    Buddy has a mid 90s hatch w with a k20/turbo/IC and ran a 6.8 on slicks. I know nothing about the car other than the motor, turbo, an cooler and it looks absolutely stupid retarded with FWD Slicks sticking out of the side

Anyways, its still a 6.80 car which I can't touch right now. But I know he said he was stocking up on axles this winter to prep for this upcoming track season

EDIT: That's 1/8 mile time. He won't give me his MPH, but just said "there's alot left in her", implying the ET wouldn't match the trap speed and the car needs the 1/4 to show its true numbers
    Last edited by MrMasterCraft; 02-10-2010 at 02:51 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Wiki...

Regardless...there are some out there that can and will go 11.0 at 126MPH.
    Theres the problem

Never seen a Honda run anything close to those kinds of times at the track. The amount of money it takes to get a FWD economy car to go that fast is ridiculous. Most of the 14 and 15 second ones I see come apart before the end of the track, nevermind 11's.

The bottom line is if you want to go fast, you don't buy a Honda. I don't need to tell you that though, you already know.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Buddy has a mid 90s hatch w with a k20/turbo/IC and ran a 6.8 on slicks. I know nothing about the car other than the motor, turbo, an cooler and it looks absolutely stupid retarded with FWD Slicks sticking out of the side

Anyways, its still a 6.80 car which I can't touch right now. But I know he said he was stocking up on axles this winter to prep for this upcoming track season

EDIT: That's 1/8 mile time. He won't give me his MPH, but just said "there's alot left in her", implying the ET wouldn't match the trap speed and the car needs the 1/4 to show its true numbers
    Please keep us updated...its only a matter of time. Open deck, 2 bolt, high compression engines don't tend to like boost all that much. Especially Hondas. They are economy car motors, built as cheaply as possible. Although the K20 does have a timing chain, which is an improvement over their older engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Nobody believes you are far as they can throw you.

A FWD 200HP 4 cylinder running 11.0 @126MPH?? Next time you should specify how much thrust the turbine engines strapped to the sides were pushing.
    This was one of his runs at the said event:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RhwmlImL84&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RhwmlImL84&NR=1[/ame]

It's quite apparent you are ignorant and cannot see reason. I know what I'm talking about. I know what it takes for an import to be fast. You don't. So, please do everyone a favor and keep your ignorance to yourself.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Theres the problem

Never seen a Honda run anything close to those kinds of times at the track. The amount of money it takes to get a FWD economy car to go that fast is ridiculous. Most of the 14 and 15 second ones I see come apart before the end of the track, nevermind 11's.

The bottom line is if you want to go fast, you don't buy a Honda. I don't need to tell you that though, you already know.
    Several of them here.

Again, ANY car can be fast. I understand you are basicly anti-import and you are more than welcome to your opinion.
    Just know there are fast imports out there. Plenty around here that will walk me pretty easily.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Of course superluminal chimes in, any import ever mentioned on these boards and he will jump in claiming he has a friend with the same car that they invested $25 into and filled it up with gas, now it runs 10s. Why's he talking about hondas? Arent celicas toyotas? either way it's slow. I beat one in my pile of shit 91 RS that had a 305. aanddd it was the top model celica I think GTS or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    Of course superluminal chimes in, any import ever mentioned on these boards and he will jump in claiming he has a friend with the same car that they invested $25 into and filled it up with gas, now it runs 10s. Why's he talking about hondas? Arent celicas toyotas? either way it's slow. I beat one in my pile of shit 91 RS that had a 305. aanddd it was the top model celica I think GTS or some shit.
    I chime in to dispel false accusations and information with actual facts and proof from personal experience. That is the reason. Understand?

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Wheres the false information? This race hasn't even taken place. You're like a broken record with this honda propoganda.. Am I right a celica is a toyota? yet you make this another honda thread.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

If this dumbass with the celica challenged the OP on facebook, then put up a wager of $500, then pussed out... and now is avoiding the race all together. What makes you think he has the funds or know how to make a celica fast?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

If this dumbass with the celica challenged the OP on facebook, then put up a wager of $500, then pussed out... and now is avoiding the race all together. What makes you think he has the funds or know how to make a celica fast?
    Personally when im being challenged in any challenge that involves money i do not underestimate the other person. You should always know what they could run with there setup so you know that if you can beat what would be a good time in that car that you will def beat that car if its not properly setup and not running what it should run.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-11-2010 at 06:16 AM.

Wheres the false information? This race hasn't even taken place. You're like a broken record with this honda propoganda.. Am I right a celica is a toyota? yet you make this another honda thread.
    You can blame Wesman for that one. I was simply confirming 160ls1's comment, and he jumped in to state I was a liar. If you've seen our track record, he is the reason for the "broken record syndrome". I won't deny that I enjoy debating with him though. He always has something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by zinergy View Post
    personally when im being challenged in any challenge that involves money i do not underestimate the other person. You should always know what they could run with there setup so you know that if you can beat what would be a good time in that car that you will def beat that car if its not properly setup and not running what it should run.

+1

Several of them here.

Again, ANY car can be fast. I understand you are basicly anti-import and you are more than welcome to your opinion.
    Just know there are fast imports out there. Plenty around here that will walk me pretty easily.
    You can't tell this guy anything. Every import is a 20 second POS in his opinion. I ran low 14s with an 00 Celica GTS no turbo, SC or nitrous just an intake and full exhaust. I beat 5.0s on a regular basis with it. It would be no match for my camaro though. I think a properly driven GTS with full bolt ons and a 50 shot would give a stock LS1 a pretty good run.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    You can blame Wesman for that one. I was simply confirming 160ls1's comment, and he jumped in to state I was a liar. If you've seen our track record, he is the reason for the "broken record syndrome". I won't deny that I enjoy debating with him though. He always has something to say.
    I see. So now its my fault that you come into every thread posting your videos and propoganda about how awesome some piece of shit Honda is and how every import runs 10 seconds

Seriously, give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer
    You can't tell this guy anything. Every import is a 20 second POS in his opinion. I ran low 14s with an 00 Celica GTS no turbo, SC or nitrous just an intake and full exhaust. I beat 5.0s on a regular basis with it. It would be no match for my camaro though. I think a properly driven GTS with full bolt ons and a 50 shot would give a stock LS1 a pretty good run.
    So what magic modifications did you do to knock over a full second off its stock 1/4 mile time?? Do tell...

And no, a "properly driven" 180HP econocar with bolt ons and a 50 shot its not going to run with even a stock LS1.
    Last edited by Wesman; 02-11-2010 at 11:29 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Several of them here.

True.

But for every 1 fast import that the import brigade posts up on the internet as an example, there are 1,000 slow ones on the street.

Arctic White, red/gray

I see. So now its my fault that you come into every thread posting your videos and propoganda about how awesome some piece of shit Honda is and how every import runs 10 seconds

So what magic modifications did you do to know a full second off its stock 1/4 mile time?? Do tell...

And no, a "properly driven" 180HP econocar with bolt ons and a 50 shot its not going to run with even a stock LS1.
    Buddies 240sx had a twin cam ka with a 5 speed and a 50 or 75 shot it went a 13.8 with stock exhaust/intake everything. 240s also weigh 200-300lbs more than a celica.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Buddies 240sx had a twin cam ka with a 5 speed and a 50 or 75 shot it went a 13.8 with stock exhaust/intake everything. 240s also weigh 200-300lbs more than a celica.
    This is how much I believe you:

0%.

You're telling us a 3000lb car with 155HP and bone stock down to the paper air filter ran a 13.8 with a small shot of nitrous??

I feel sorry for you if you actually believe the stuff you post.
    Last edited by Wesman; 02-11-2010 at 11:43 AM.

So what magic modifications did you do to knock over a full second off its stock 1/4 mile time?? Do tell...

I believe I stated that already. Believe what you want dude I know there is no convincing you otherwise. You are one of these internet know it alls constantly bashing something just because they don't like it.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    I believe I stated that already. Believe what you want dude I know there is no convincing you otherwise. You are one of these internet know it alls constantly bashing something just because they don't like it.
    No, thats where you have me all wrong. I don't belive the the crap I see on the internet, I believe what I witness myself. I've seen enough dyno runs, 1/4 mile runs, and street races with various vehicles of various mod levels to have a pretty damn good idea what a car is capable of.

Unlike the import brigade in this forum, I don't spend my workday searching Youtube videos for rare cars that idiots dumped enough money into actually make fast. I know what I see at the track and on the street, and your chances of running into one of these "10 second" imports are about the same as having a piano fall on your head.

Arctic White, red/gray

This is how much I believe you:

0%.

You're telling us a 3000lb car with 155HP and bone stock down to the paper air filter ran a 13.8 with a small shot of nitrous??

I feel sorry for you if you actually believe the stuff you post.
    2900lbs with the driver 240crank hp can run high 13s low 14s on street tires.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-11-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information