Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    sounds like he might have around 350fwhp
    front wheel hp or fly wheel hp? and if your talkin fly wheel... which you should be... but all LS1's are 350hp

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    front wheel hp or fly wheel hp? and if your talkin fly wheel... which you should be... but all LS1's are 350hp
    no i definatly meant front wheel horsepower, i have a rare experimental trans am that was built in japan.

and we like to say all ls1s have 350 horses, but i am one of few who disagree. i think irl if you bought a 100 new t/a's (completely unmodded), and put them all on a dyno you would discover 95% of them have 320-340 at the crank. especially being we are not talking about an '01 or an '02 (the best performing years for f-bodies)

OP's nemesis probably has a driven and enjoyed 80k+ car with some wear and tear. mild mods such as a tb spacer and exhaust would fairly give him about 350horses

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Black
    99 Camaro SS

I like the way the factory exhaust sounds. I also like the idea of the cutout. How much of a difference would that make in the sound and performance if I put the cutout before the cats?

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SH1ZN1T View Post
    I like the way the factory exhaust sounds. I also like the idea of the cutout. How much of a difference would that make in the sound and performance if I put the cutout before the cats?
    sound: louder

performance: better

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

It would require cutouts and stock there is no way you are doing it before cats since the cats hook up directly to the exhaust manifolds. Stock exhaust with a cut out you aren't really going to hear an awesome difference if anything the sound kind of sucks-but it flows better. A single cutout before the muffler will suffice. If you want to bypass cats with stock exhaust manifolds get an off road y-pipe.

sound: louder

performance: better
    some people seem to forget that when talking about exhaust.

White
    1998 Z28 12.53@107.8

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    In my 2.73 A4, a 65mph romp will only let the trans down-shift into 3rd and not into 2nd. Sucks because I guess it thinks 2nd is too much, but I think 3rd is not enough... kinda screwy I think. But if this guy is a 3.23, well, I duno about all that.
    Really ? I have an A4 w/373's .Goes into 1st under 25mph and into 2nd under 63mph . 64 mph is my dead spot

Go for it ! Be careful from a dig though .Make sure he doesnt have a stall converter in it . I hear those A4's go pretty good from a dig with a sweet stall

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE Z View Post
    Really ? I have an A4 w/373's .Goes into 1st under 25mph and into 2nd under 63mph . 64 mph is my dead spot

Go for it ! Be careful from a dig though .Make sure he doesnt have a stall converter in it . I hear those A4's go pretty good from a dig with a sweet stall
    you heard right,

no i definatly meant front wheel horsepower, i have a rare experimental trans am that was built in japan.

and we like to say all ls1s have 350 horses, but i am one of few who disagree. i think irl if you bought a 100 new t/a's (completely unmodded), and put them all on a dyno you would discover 95% of them have 320-340 at the crank. especially being we are not talking about an '01 or an '02 (the best performing years for f-bodies)

OP's nemesis probably has a driven and enjoyed 80k+ car with some wear and tear. mild mods such as a tb spacer and exhaust would fairly give him about 350horses
    The fastest ls1 was actually a 99 z28 which ran 12.8 at 107. Not tryin to argue just sayinnnnnnn

haha but yeah. some dyno 285ish which is right around 320, some dyno 300rwh which is 350 fly. its all good.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    The fastest ls1 was actually a 99 z28 which ran 12.8 at 107. Not tryin to argue just sayinnnnnnn

i know i know, that was one of the 5%

Artic White
    1997 Camaro SS

How much HP do you really think your getting by having a cut-out? All your getting is a louder exhaust and poor performance. The computer needs to be tuned to run right with an open exhaust or it will be flat. With all the work that I have into my SS, LT, ORY, cam....., I ended up swapping out the LM1 exhaust for a SLP SS exhaust and ended being the best move I've made. Not only does it sound better (no more rasp) but it runs better too. Just by giving it some back pressure, it pulls a little harder then before. Save your money and do a good cat back , CAI and and PCM tune, you'll be much happier. Look for a good deal on a used SLP SS or Firehawk Exhaust and stay away from the SLP LM1 for a daily driver

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by smb72 View Post
    How much HP do you really think your getting by having a cut-out? All your getting is a louder exhaust and poor performance. The computer needs to be tuned to run right with an open exhaust or it will be flat. With all the work that I have into my SS, LT, ORY, cam....., I ended up swapping out the LM1 exhaust for a SLP SS exhaust and ended being the best move I've made. Not only does it sound better (no more rasp) but it runs better too. Just by giving it some back pressure, it pulls a little harder then before. Save your money and do a good cat back , CAI and and PCM tune, you'll be much happier. Look for a good deal on a used SLP SS or Firehawk Exhaust and stay away from the SLP LM1 for a daily driver
    I beg to differ. On my 02 with an otherwise stock everything and just the addition of a cutout in the I-pipe (the 1st mod I did) I dynoed at +15rwhp and +19rwt over the stock dyno results (306rwhp/323rwt stock). This was the biggest gain with this particular mod.

The more I modded the exhaust (LT's, !cats and AIR with a 3" custom Y-pipe) up to the point of going with TD's and an X-pipe (at which point I ditched the cutout) the less effect it had on the dyno. Prior to the TD's (but with LT's and other deletes + a lid) the difference was only 2rwhp/3rwt. Still technically a gain but not as much (nor as noticeable) at the track on ET and MPH.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 02-26-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE Z View Post

My past 2 LS1s were 6 speeds but I previously had an LT1 A4 w/ 2.73s, and that thing had no problem downshifting into 1st or 2nd at those speeds either... damn car has a mind of its own

01 modded gtp

he sounds like an retard just beat the shit out of him

1998 Trans Am

an retard indeed

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    he sounds like an retard just beat the shit out of him
    an retard indeed

Silver