Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: srt10...race

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    I get it all the time from the SRT-4 Neons. Even when I'm racing someone I'm nice about it. Why be a dick? Why talk all this smack? I'd race them just as easily if they gave it alil rev...

Exactly....let your vehicle do all the talking

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    To be honest...I am happier about beating the owner than the truck....Some of the comments made about my Ford at the stoplight deserve the embarrasment that follows
    Well, if they bait you, than they have it coming. Ignorance is bliss I suppose, but it's hard to believe somebody driving a non-performance 1/2 truck would challenge a high-perfromance vehicle like a Lightning. Bet it's the last time they do it though.

Just out of curiosity..have you had the Lightning down the track?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    To be honest...I am happier about beating the owner than the truck....Some of the comments made about my Ford at the stoplight deserve the embarrasment that follows
    What do they say about it?...besides the ford jokes

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    What do they say about it?...besides the ford jokes

The one I hear the most is ..."Why dont you be a real man and get a Hemi?"......my best response yet is...."At least Im getting blown"

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by lieu910
    Well, if they bait you, than they have it coming. Ignorance is bliss I suppose, but it's hard to believe somebody driving a non-performance 1/2 truck would challenge a high-perfromance vehicle like a Lightning. Bet it's the last time they do it though.

Nope, not yet

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

"at least i'm gettin blown"

PRICELESS!!

Most of the time, when we get challenged its just to see what our cars can do, like my friend who wanted to race me with his N/A civic or the random dude in a ricer at the light, most of the time they just want to see us do something
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    "at least i'm gettin blown"

PRICELESS!!

Most of the time, when we get challenged its just to see what our cars can do, like my friend who wanted to race me with his N/A civic or the random dude in a ricer at the light, most of the time they just want to see us do something

Yeah I get that from other F-150s a lot...they enjoy and I enjoy it

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

I don't like it when folks are dicks after a run....I had my buddy's brand new 05 Mustang GT out for a little test run and this guy in an LS1 Z was at the light, we gave each other the nod and then we took off. I got him outta the hole (nearly 15 years of DR exp. will do that ) and then he walked me. Now I was just curious about how the GT stacked up, it was only a 1st-2nd run and got the info I needed, since it was different with my LT1 (at the time). we both pulled into a gas station to talk...I was gonna compliment him on his car and he started talking shit about how slow 'my' car is and what a piece of shit and blah blah blah and bragging about how he runs 12s with his auto and did oh so much work and I wanted to punch him in the face...but I'm too old for that. So i just smiled and told him that it was cool...he should come to one of our club meets one day (GMs do show up), so he can see all of the other slow Stangs we run. of course the slowest ones that spend time at the track are low 12 sec cars, but whatever...

sorry for the rant, he left a sour taste in my mouth. being a dick is uncalled for. besides, now i have an LS1 too....and I'll be looking for him

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by lieu910

I know a guy that is still in high school with a single cab short bed hemi and tried to race my ass. It happens.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

This seems to be getting waaay off the orginal subject but I don't think the Hemi Rams are all the are cracked up to be....I have a '05 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab but mine has the 4.7 and I know it's no rocket lol but it pulls my enlcosed trailer just fine...anyways I know plenty of guys around here that have the Hemi's and they too think they are soooo bad ass...My GF's sister is dating this dude thats got a '04 Hemi Ram 4x4 and he was telling me one night how he beat a Mustang Gt the other night....I was like....Did the Mustang driver even know it was a race???? I test drove a Hemi Ram back in '03 at the time I was considering either that or a Silverado....ended up buying the Silverado....it had the 4.8L and seemed to be faster...how I don't know but it just seemed to have the instant snap that I loved about the Ls1 camaro's. Just my .02 Oh yeah Lightning's Rock too....that was the other truck test drove yeah...prolly still the best Test drive I've ever been on but that's another story LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge
    I was gonna compliment him on his car and he started talking shit about how slow 'my' car is and what a piece of shit and blah blah blah and bragging about how he runs 12s with his auto and did oh so much work and I wanted to punch him in the face...

... sorry for the rant, he left a sour taste in my mouth. being a dick is uncalled for.
    Wait a second, was 'that' you???

j/k

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LSWONZ28
    This seems to be getting waaay off the orginal subject but I don't think the Hemi Rams are all the are cracked up to be....I have a '05 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab but mine has the 4.7 and I know it's no rocket lol but it pulls my enlcosed trailer just fine...anyways I know plenty of guys around here that have the Hemi's and they too think they are soooo bad ass...My GF's sister is dating this dude thats got a '04 Hemi Ram 4x4 and he was telling me one night how he beat a Mustang Gt the other night....I was like....Did the Mustang driver even know it was a race???? I test drove a Hemi Ram back in '03 at the time I was considering either that or a Silverado....ended up buying the Silverado....it had the 4.8L and seemed to be faster...how I don't know but it just seemed to have the instant snap that I loved about the Ls1 camaro's. Just my .02 Oh yeah Lightning's Rock too....that was the other truck test drove yeah...prolly still the best Test drive I've ever been on but that's another story LOL
    A good friend of mine used to have an '03 single cab short bed hemi. It was lowered with exhaust and a k&n and different tires. Maybe he just lucky and got an extra fast one but this thing would haul ass. It wouldn't beat a lightning by any means but would only be behind 1/2 to 1 car length.

Silver
    '03 Evo

Just out of curiousity what are the SRT-10's running at the track? We just got a TB SS and am curious how it stacks up to various other trucks and SUV's.
    Last edited by NIevo; 02-23-2006 at 08:18 PM.
    '03 Evo-TBE, Dynoflash, MBC, Twin Disc Clutch
    12.3@108 1.68 60ft
    '06 TB SS-Waiting for track to open!

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Wait a second, was 'that' you???

j/k

LOL that was funny
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

phatsat67
    Hemi trucks are slow I enjoy eating them in the stock R/T dak. Hate to knock on the trucks they are really nice but not fast. Now the cars with the hemis are a different story. The srt-10's are some sweet ass trucks though.

CamaroKillZ28
    I like how you all are talking about racing trucks, when what is a truck used for? towing? yah ok now that thats settled, a stock srt10 single cab runs a 13.8 on a good day, the quad cab runs a 14.2 or something like that...assuming these people know how to drive the damn thing. And as for the guy who raced the ls1 with the 05 stang..niceman i actually got one of those the other day and the guy was hella cool, and older guy so we exchanged #s and are prolly gonna go do it again sometime maybe he wont take off 2 cars in front of me this time lol!

phatsat67
    Well the r/t is the daily driver that's all stock and is used to haul things like a truck does but it also hauls ass. 14.67 all stock with almost 129k on the clock. For towing I have a few 2500 rams. One is a 98 2500 and the other is a 91 2500. Now that thats settled... It is alot more fun to drive a fast truck when you aren't towing and just need to haul engines and smaller things dont you agree?

I saw a stock srt-10 ram do 13.5 with a dude behind the wheel that couldn't shift it for shit and a passenger in 90 degree heat at the 04 mopar nationals.

I also have a 67 plymouth satellite that is the show/weekend racer. Hopefully it will be in the high 12's this summer when it is back on the road and I have a stock for fun 88 shelby csx-t that has been 14.90's. Just sold a 73 porsche 911. Don't get pissed off about fun trucks that are fast I'm sure these people also have fun fast cars. Why drive a slow truck when you can drive a fast one? Plus, If I really wanted to tow with the dakota all I would need are some add a leafs and trailer brakes.

Cars are only made to get you from place to place so why talk about racing them? So what if there are a few made to out perform the rest.(lightning, r/t, srt-10, ssr....) We were talking about the fact that the hemi trucks in stock form are no fun to race but everyone thinks they are fast because of the hemi. Hell my buddy took one out the other night in his stock neon r/t.
    Last edited by phatsat67; 02-28-2006 at 06:55 PM.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by phatsat67
    Well the r/t is the daily driver that's all stock and is used to haul things like a truck does but it also hauls ass. 14.67 all stock with almost 129k on the clock. For towing I have a few 2500 rams. One is a 98 2500 and the other is a 91 2500. Now that thats settled... It is alot more fun to drive a fast truck when you aren't towing and just need to haul engines and smaller things dont you agree?

I saw a stock srt-10 ram do 13.5 with a dude behind the wheel that couldn't shift it for shit and a passenger in 90 degree heat at the 04 mopar nationals.

I also have a 67 plymouth satellite that is the show/weekend racer. Hopefully it will be in the high 12's this summer when it is back on the road and I have a stock for fun 88 shelby csx-t that has been 14.90's. Just sold a 73 porsche 911. Don't get pissed off about fun trucks that are fast I'm sure these people also have fun fast cars. Why drive a slow truck when you can drive a fast one? Plus, If I really wanted to tow with the dakota all I would need are some add a leafs and trailer brakes.

Cars are only made to get you from place to place so why talk about racing them? So what if there are a few made to out perform the rest.(lightning, r/t, srt-10, ssr....) We were talking about the fact that the hemi trucks in stock form are no fun to race but everyone thinks they are fast because of the hemi. Hell my buddy took one out the other night in his stock neon r/t.

Its the Hemi atttitude I get a lot that makes them fun to smoke to me

phatsat67
    I mean I like the trucks and my brand they just aren't fast enough for fun and don't tow enough weight for me unless it's in a 2500. The guys just think they are fast because its a hemi. Now lets take one of those hemis and throw it into my dakota and see what happens

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by phatsat67
    I mean I like the trucks and my brand they just aren't fast enough for fun and don't tow enough weight for me unless it's in a 2500. The guys just think they are fast because its a hemi. Now lets take one of those hemis and throw it into my dakota and see what happens

add a blower too hehehehehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information