Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Nope. Mustang drivers ***holes (on average), F-body drivers cool (on average), Mazda owners not allowed (at least not this one).

Got it. I've been set straight!

Lol well i drive a subaru right now and a honda in summer so i guess i dont even count.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Traitor.

BTW....please pardon my display of ignorance (no comments from the peanut gallery, please), but uh.....what is a "05 LGT"?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ill take a guess and say Legacy GT.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Doh! That makes sense.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Ill take a guess and say Legacy GT.
    Correct sir, same long block as a sti same drivetrain as the newer WRX(aka not the glass 5 speed), different turbo/intercooler/intake manifold/tuning are the differences under the hood from the STI. It has cheap sedan inusrance with some sport in the mix. Ran a 13.7 @101mph with a gutted dp/up and a online tune and mines a auto so no 5-6k launches.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-08-2010 at 11:17 AM.

In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

Mazda owner.....

Oh. Wow. Thank you for enlightening me with that totally unbiased, educated, and obviously highly-experienced opinion. Somehow I missed all of that over the years, and if you hadn't of figured it out over the...what...3 years or so of driving and racing and socializing that you have obviously done (and then set me straight), I might have gone on thinking otherwise. Wow!

PS: Stereotyping is your friend.

No no, really.
    dude. there is no reason to jump on here and be a dick. i get that every group has d-bag drivers and cool drivers. i never said that there were no a-hole f-body drivers i simply said that from my experience this is what i see. thats why i said "In My Opinion". and i never claimed to be this master drag racer or brag about how much racing experience i have. i will admit im still a relativley new to racing. and i also never called you out. you started it. and everyone sterotypes BTW

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Nah, I think I like being whatever it is you think I am, and will stick with the obviously-correct stereotype that Mustang drivers are ***holes (for the most part), F-body drivers cool (at least more than Mustang and Import owners...and we all know that Mustang and import owners are pretty much the same...in your opinion), and Mazda owners are not allowed (I think Subura owners are probably ok).

But I do thank you for this line....

Quote Originally Posted by 00blacktransam112 View Post
    ...you started it....
    Classic!

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

i never called you out for driving a mazda. as far as imports go i like rx-7 guys the best to be honest. and in my book mini trucks are right behind f-bodys. you jumped on me so i fought back. my bad. and ya subaru's are allowed

Impounded

'00 Z28 M6 NBM
    I piss excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Same here. Can only think of a few that were DB's. Car guy/gals usually are cool. We all like the same hobby.
    some just enjoy going faster than others

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Black
    1999 WS6

It's quite possible that some Mustangs owners have the same opinion of some F-body owners. Like you. And they'd be just as right.

Know what I mean?
    Well Bob, you know I own the WS6 and the Roush P51-B Mustang. I just ran across some guy on Sunday afternoon as I was driving the Mustang with an older model IROC with obvious engine work who thought for sure he was going to join the ranks of those on this site of "killing" my Mustang as he weaved through traffic to get within an inch of my rear bumper.
    After 3 tries, one of which I gave him AT LEAST a full car head start, I handed him his ass and he wasn't of the very "thumbs up" side of polite either.

I think its the person, not what you own. Most Mustangs are slow as shit and I guess because they sound good, people who drive them think they're fast. I'm probably no exception, but 539 at the wheels doesn't hurt.

I'd really like to hear from the guy if he's on this site. You know who you are, but I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't post up and admit what happened to you.

If I lose, so what...I spend more money and wait for the next chance and congrats to the winner. If I win I get to save up for another day because I know one day someone will hand me my ass on a siilver platter as well.

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    Well Bob, you know I own the WS6 and the Roush P51-B Mustang. I just ran across some guy on Sunday afternoon as I was driving the Mustang with an older model IROC with obvious engine work who thought for sure he was going to join the ranks of those on this site of "killing" my Mustang as he weaved through traffic to get within an inch of my rear bumper.
    After 3 tries, one of which I gave him AT LEAST a full car head start, I handed him his ass and he wasn't of the very "thumbs up" side of polite either.

I think its the person, not what you own. Most Mustangs are slow as shit and I guess because they sound good, people who drive them think they're fast. I'm probably no exception, but 539 at the wheels doesn't hurt.

I'd really like to hear from the guy if he's on this site. You know who you are, but I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't post up and admit what happened to you.

If I lose, so what...I spend more money and wait for the next chance and congrats to the winner. If I win I get to save up for another day because I know one day someone will hand me my ass on a siilver platter as well.
    Thank you. I've been trying to say this whole time that if you are a genuine car guy it doesnt matter what you drive. you win and lose graciously. my point is the assholes that think that their stock mustang or camaro or ricer or whatever they drive is the absolute shit and can't handle losing just because they have a flowmaster and it sounds good. those are the people that i'm talking about. these type of drivers seem to be more prevelant in certain models of cars. thats all im saying

P.S. no one can argue with 539 to the wheels. thats impressive in my book. nice car

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 00blacktransam112 View Post
    Thank you. I've been trying to say this whole time that if you are a genuine car guy it doesnt matter what you drive....
    LOL. Ya right. Is that what you meant when you said this....

Quote Originally Posted by 00blacktransam
    i run into more a**hole mustang guys than cool ones
    Or perhaps this...

Quote Originally Posted by 00blacktransam
    i know alot of f-body people. and i knew them before i had one (so i had an unbias opinion at the time) and i agree that some people can be a***oles but more than not, they are great guys who understand that if you lose, they were faster than you. IMO most mustang and import guys think that it was unfair that my pretty much stock car just smoked their POS turbo Honda or Mitsu or their 99 gt mustang with all this shit done to it. then they have to make some remark to make themselves feel better about losing and say it wasnt fair for some reason. its BS and they know it.
    Translation of that last one is "Mustang drivers ***holes (on average), F-body drivers cool (on average). And hey, if that's what you believe, fine. Just pretend to be a man and admit it. K?

Tell you what...you go back and find a previous quote from you on this thread that states you were "trying to say all along that if you are a genuine car guy it doesnt matter what you drive", and I'll give you a public apology right here on this Forum.

Till then - that's a bunch of bologna. Go hang out with vonskee.

And have a great day.

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

Ok. it is a true fact the i run into more a**hole mustang guys than cool ones. Which is exactly what i said, that i personally do, i did not in any way say that all mustang guys are a**holes just that the majority of ones that i run in to are. i have friends that drive mustangs are they are not a**holes. and im sorry that i did not have the words to say what i meant. and btw i see in your sig that you own a mustang. are you just pissed because i picked on mustangs? it says in the rules of this section and i quote

"yes, this is a LS1 site. doesn't mean only LS1 owners are allowed to be here. if you feel you cannot resist the urge to interject your 'wisdom' about said vehicles, then stay out. if you decide to post your 'wisdom', get ready to be banned from the thread at a minimum. those of you that are import owners and are on this site, you've come into a site not of your vehicle. expect some ribbing. it comes with the territory. if it gets out of hand, just report it and the moderators will handle the situation. do not get into a pissing contest over it."
    so thank you for your wisdom bob. i hope you have a great day too

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

OMG - I've been ratted out! I don't *think* I've posted any "wisdom" about any vehicle in this thread - import or otherwise. And the pissing contest is over.....well....something else.

Well, there goes my entertainment....gumdagit.

I gotta change that sig....

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

And even though fluffy is in hibernation, I do have a new driver....

Not an import - though I really have nothing against them.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

In my area, I've met one guy that drives an LS1 powered car thats not a douche bag. There's a couple other guys that talk a bunch of trash but never wanna jump out there. One drives a Z28, the other a SS. Both are real dicks. Anyone that loses a race or feels inferior are most likely to be dicks. However, last week we went to dinner for my buddies birthday. A mutual friend of ours has an 02 GT. He literally begged me to sell my car to him. Said he liked his car but would love to have mine over his. Didn't wanna race or anything, just showed a lot of appreciation for my car. Don't think you can really stereotype the driver of a car. Its natural to have pride in your ride, regardless of how fast it is.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Last summer I rolled up to a kid that had a yellow mustang gt with a loud exaust and a couple cool exterior mods, when I rolled up to him I thought it was gonna be a race. He looks over at me and says "thats the car I should of bought" I felt kinda bad so I told him he had a nice lookin mustang. After that we both hit the peddle light and went our seperate ways. lol

silver
    2002 ws6

And even though fluffy is in hibernation, I do have a new driver....

Click for full size

Not an import - though I really have nothing against them.
    what is in there a 302?

02 Z28

LOL. Ya right. Is that what you meant when you said this....

Or perhaps this...

Translation of that last one is "Mustang drivers ***holes (on average), F-body drivers cool (on average). And hey, if that's what you believe, fine. Just pretend to be a man and admit it. K?

Tell you what...you go back and find a previous quote from you on this thread that states you were "trying to say all along that if you are a genuine car guy it doesnt matter what you drive", and I'll give you a public apology right here on this Forum.

Till then - that's a bunch of bologna. Go hang out with vonskee.

And have a great day.
    wow. still talkin shit huh tough guy? man, internet gives people lots and lots of power these days.. gtfo here with your f**kin mazda.. you shouldnt even post anywhere... people that talks shit and doesnt even have an ls1 should get banned from being stupid as f**k.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information