Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Z's and a GT

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Disagree all you want but i had a buddy with a 99 bone stock down to the tires with 20kmiles on it go a 13.4 @ 105mph, thats about the average for ls1 f-bodys.
    perhaps. but that's far from the average for a 99 cobra. more like 13.8. you cant compare average times to freak run times. otherwise i could say fbody-12.8 and 99 cobra is 13.8

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    perhaps. but that's far from the average for a 99 cobra. more like 13.8. you cant compare average times to freak run times. otherwise i could say fbody-12.8 and 99 cobra is 13.8
    Havent raced too many 99 cobras but i thought they could hit mid 13s with a decent driver. Which is why i wasnt suprised by his time.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i disagree with the 99\01 cobra being close....
    I must also disagree, bud of mine has a 01 wit 30k miles w/exhaust and cai. if he shifts right he's perfectly capable of pullin me. then again I am an A4

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice kill!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

If Black Cloud comes and jumps in here, he'll be able to set the record straight, as he's owned either a '99 or '01 Cobra w/ just a few bolt-ons. And I mean ONLY a few! There's a videa running around here of him givin' it hell! Quite impressive, really.

OP - Nice kill. Sounded like a good ol'e fashioned rivalry race! Until the squid in the GT decided to let you hear his exhaust

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    If Black Cloud comes and jumps in here, he'll be able to set the record straight, as he's owned either a '99 or '01 Cobra w/ just a few bolt-ons. And I mean ONLY a few! There's a videa running around here of him givin' it hell! Quite impressive, really.

OP - Nice kill. Sounded like a good ol'e fashioned rivalry race! Until the squid in the GT decided to let you hear his exhaust
    Yes, bolt ons, upgraded rear end with 4.56s, upgraded suspension, drag radials, lots of weight loss and now the long block was redone and its a 284ci. Im not taking anything away from the guy hes a great driver with a well setup car but to say it only has a few bolt ons is misleading. Yes as far as power mods go he only has bolt ons but the entire drivetrain and suspension have been replaced and it only weighs 3300lbs with him in it and now the short block was redone(but it did run 11s with the stock 281ci).
    Last edited by Zinergy; 02-16-2010 at 06:00 AM.

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Yes, bolt ons, upgraded rear end with 4.56s, upgraded suspension, drag radials, lots of weight loss and now the long block was redone and its a 284ci. Im not taking anything away from the guy hes a great driver with a well setup car but to say it only has a few bolt ons is misleading. Yes as far as power mods go he only has bolt ons but the entire drivetrain and suspension have been replaced and it only weighs 3300lbs with him in it and now the short block was redone(but it did run 11s with the stock 281ci).
    According to Bob;

Quote Originally Posted by Blkcloud
    Those runs were made with the stock 281 cid motor (which is why it is only 314 RWHP) and stock tranny. It did have 4.56 gears, weight reduction, and basic bolt-on suspension components.
    That doesn't sound like a car with, as you put it, "..the entire drivetrain and suspension have been replaced..."

It was running the stock motor and stock tranny! Suspension-wise, he probably changed out springs, shocks, struts, upper and lower control arms, and k-member, pretty basic stuff there.

You try to make it sound like the car was stripped down to bare metal, and everything else was replaced with Titanium and carbon fiber! Get a grip on yourself, it was a basic bolt-on street/track car.
    2003 Torch Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 5-speed
    FRPP Aluminator 32V Long Block + Kenne Bell 2.1
    657 RWHP 635 RWTQ @16psi on 93 Octane
    Custom Tuning by Tillman Speed

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    According to Bob;

That doesn't sound like a car with, as you put it, "..the entire drivetrain and suspension have been replaced..."

It was running the stock motor and stock tranny! Suspension-wise, he probably changed out springs, shocks, struts, upper and lower control arms, and k-member, pretty basic stuff there.

You try to make it sound like the car was stripped down to bare metal, and everything else was replaced with Titanium and carbon fiber! Get a grip on yourself, it was a basic bolt-on street/track car.
    When did I ever try to make it seem like it was stripped to bare bone, I gave the number 3300lbs with the driver, that has a couple hundred pounds shaved off. How does that make it seem like bare bones? Yes it had the stock tranny and long block, now it doesnt, now it has 284ci and a different trans. New trans, rear end would mean that the drivetrain was replaced, its no longer a IRS car, it has new springs, shocks, sways, mounts I would say the suspension was replaced.

I guess if you consider a basic bolt on car to be a car with no seats, replaced drivetrain and suspension then i guess your right.

How did i make it sound like it was stripped to bare metal and everything was replaced, a car like that would be 2500 not 3100lbs.

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

When did I ever try to make it seem like it was stripped to bare bone, I gave the number 3300lbs with the driver, that has a couple hundred pounds shaved off. How does that make it seem like bare bones? Yes it had the stock tranny and long block, now it doesnt, now it has 284ci and a different trans. New trans, rear end would mean that the drivetrain was replaced, its no longer a IRS car, it has new springs, shocks, sways, mounts I would say the suspension was replaced.

I guess if you consider a basic bolt on car to be a car with no seats, replaced drivetrain and suspension then i guess your right.

How did i make it sound like it was stripped to bare metal and everything was replaced, a car like that would be 2500 not 3100lbs.
    Because you were responding to a post that referenced Bob's Cobra during the timeframe of the video that was posted in another thread. What's been done to the car since then is irrelevant! At the time the video was shot, the car was a basic bolt-on car, with some weight reduction, but the drivetrain was still basically stock and intact.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    Because you were responding to a post that referenced Bob's Cobra during the timeframe of the video that was posted in another thread. What's been done to the car since then is irrelevant! At the time the video was shot, the car was a basic bolt-on car, with some weight reduction, but the drivetrain was still basically stock and intact.
    Drivetrain wasn't stock in that video, the live axle rear end with 4.56s isnt a ford option lol

Thread Information