Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Raced a pretty quick 3rd gen Camaro

So I pull up to a stop light, its around 10:30pm, so not much traffic. I can see that the only car at the light seems to be a third gen Camaro. So I'm thinking oh great, this guy is going to try and race me with what's probably a 305 in there, because thats how it usually happens. So I get beside him and can hear that its pretty loud, and definitely didn't sound like no 305, or the 350 that came in those either! So the light turns green and we take off, got to about 30mph, (I was in 2nd gear, didn't think he would want to run) well I was wrong, he hits it and off we go. I'm spinning a lot on my slippery Nitto street tires, but once I hook, I immediately start to pull away. I shut down once I hit 4th. He keeps following me and we pull into Wal Mart to shoot the shit for a minute. I was impressed that a third gen Camaro kept up with me like that. As soon as I get out of the car, he's like "oh man I'm really impressed! I hardly come up on cars that can run with me, thats a 468ci big block (454 bored over to what ever makes a 468) in there (talking about his car)". My mods are just a LS1 with cam/tune/full exhaust in a 6spd car. I was like "a 468ci"? I was shocked that I pulled on him. He was on street tires, and the hood was off. So it wasn't a 305 or anything, or at least it didn't look like it to me.

So my question now is, do yall think it was really a 468ci in there being that I pulled a car length on him like that? Or is he just throwing out some BS?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Sure. Especially if he didn't have it put together right. His .060 over 454 would be about 12-14 cubes more, making it a 468 or so, too bad you didn't look at the valve covers as that would be an instant giveaway for a big block Chevy. I've witnessed many "quick" cars at the drag strip struggle to get in the 14s, some even had their big 2x4 bbl carbs sticking out the hood running mid-15s!

He needs to rethink his combo before a little ol cammed 346 beats him up again.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

I was thinking if it was a 468, that it just wasn't put together very well. Maybe I'll come across him again and I can get a better look at the valve covers. Lol, that little ol cammed 346 doesn't even have a LS6 intake, stock LS1 intake and all

SOM
    2002 WS6

good kill,
    many sb's are quiker than bb's in the 1/4

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Yup if ya get a chance to see his motor again if it's a BBC the valve covers will be wide and relatively flat as compaired to the SBC which usually has tall narrow covers.. You'd be surprised how many guys can tune their comp controlled cars, but set a carb in front of them with a timing light and their like, "duhaaa gee gearge looks hard, I better go get my grandpa or my dad.."lol Good kill tho.
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-17-2009 at 02:57 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll run across him again and look at his engine closer

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yup if ya get a chance to see his motor again if it's a BBC the valve covers will be wide and relatively flat as compaired to the SBC which usually has tall narrow covers.. You'd be surprised how many guys can tune their comp controlled cars, but set a carb in front of them with a timing light and their like, "duhaaa gee gearge looks hard, I better go get my grandpa or my dad.."lol Good kill tho.
    No shit, noone around here would put my truck on a dyno (after a new engine of course) except a full race non-lsx shop for bookoo bucks... Good kill man, but he could've had peanut port heads and a stock cam for all you know. The old motors it's hard to tell what they really have. ^above combo is worth about 230 horsepower with over 400 lbs of torque though

Thread Information