Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue
    2000 camaro ss

00SS vs 04 C5 vs 09 M3

one night at work my buddy that has the vette started talking trash about our bosses M3 and then about my car and saying that his car is faster and what not. so i told him that i might have the cheapest car. but i bet mine is the fastest. so it's about 3 am and we hop on I-4. the corvette is an auto and stock, the M3 is a M6 and stock and my SS is M6 with CAI, and exhaust. so we go from a 45 roll. and i'm expecting the M3 with 420hp or so to pull on us. but when we hit it from a 45 roll me and the vette just left the M3 standing still. and i would get the jump cause i have a M6 and i would pull him till about 130 and then we would pull even and stay that way. i thought it wasn't bad for minor mods and he weighs so much less. but if i shifted perfect he would never see me. only when i would shift early would he catch a little.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Then your boss can't drive for shit. Because he should have pulled both of you easily. There a 12.5 with a decent driver. No way your close to that with your mods. Those new m3's are monsters up top! They are a more top end car than they are 0-60. Go from a 50 roll and you and your boss would be bus lengths behind.

black
    02 ws6, samurai on 40's

the us needs an autobaun.... i wanna go faster than 70mph
    anybody agree???
    02 ws6,m6,umi sfc, bbk lt's,y pipe,stainless borla straight pipew/dynomax bullet,160 stat,4.10's,umi adj trq arm,k&n,sportlines,kyb agx's,98mm clear lid,all free mods,d-scrnd mass,fernco,e3 plugs,short stick,tunedbyfrost,no hood baffles,hood to air box w/adh. foam,needs a cam

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by stunna p View Post
    the us needs an autobaun.... i wanna go faster than 70mph
    anybody agree???
    Parts of texas is 80 along with arizona..... lol. I agree with ya. Only problem is our ENTIRE highway would need restructuring. Think they use roughly 6-8 inches of concrete which is shit. Go over to Austria or Germany or hell even Italy and they all use 20-24 inches of concreate. That's enough to land ANY airplaine in the world on. Personally I think it would be a GREAT idea. You would create more jobs because the road surface would need updating so more decent paying construction jobs. Also more jobs because once updated they would need to be in tip top shame so people could drive at 100+. Only problem is look at how easy it is to get a license. Any moron can get one, even if you don't speak english! Copy like germany were it's $1,000 plus to get a license and make it 18 years old. But look at how people text on their blackberry. I am guily of it once in a while. You want that shit when people are going 100mph plus? No thank you. Not a bad idea, just would take a complete overall of the interstate structure as well as the drivers themselves.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

M3s are slow, I crushed one in my vette the first day I bought it, it was an older guy.. he pulled up next to me and put his window down and started babbling some shit but I couldnt hear him since we were goin like 55mph. Then the front of his car lifted up and he took off. So I decided I would to, I pushed the pedal down and roasted the tires at 55mph, by 85-90 he was waaaay back, so I just slowed down, He caught up and gave me a thumbs up.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

the corvette being an auto certainly helped, no driver error on his part but after a dig the gearing kills autos.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    M3s are slow, I crushed one in my vette the first day I bought it, it was an older guy.. he pulled up next to me and put his window down and started babbling some shit but I couldnt hear him since we were goin like 55mph. Then the front of his car lifted up and he took off. So I decided I would to, I pushed the pedal down and roasted the tires at 55mph, by 85-90 he was waaaay back, so I just slowed down, He caught up and gave me a thumbs up.
    The new m3 has a v8 all teh older ones are slower cause they only have a inline 6.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The new m3 has a v8 all teh older ones are slower cause they only have a inline 6.
    Idk what year it was, v8, v6. both slow

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    Idk what year it was, v8, v6. both slow

Lol the v8 m3 is a 12.5 car at 114mph that will beat any stock ls1 powered car, vette or f-body

Last m3 I raced got the spray, end of story.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Last m3 I raced got the spray, end of story.
    Obviously, unless you race a boosted m3 you will most likely when a race against almost any m3 in a straight line.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Then your boss can't drive for shit. Because he should have pulled both of you easily. There a 12.5 with a decent driver. No way your close to that with your mods. Those new m3's are monsters up top! They are a more top end car than they are 0-60. Go from a 50 roll and you and your boss would be bus lengths behind.
    Agreed. The M3 should have had you easily, depending on what was done on the Vette, it could have been a good race. Your boss can't drive for shit. When you drop 100k on a car you expect it to beat 30k cars...lol.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    And they are the lightest production v8 in the world.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I have to agree the new M3 is extremely hard to beat, i would think if you can pull about 340-360 RWHP you should be able to pull on one if not atleast keep up since they are a bit heavier and usually pull about 345-355 RWHP give or take i still think they will pull, they have excellent gearing and will do really well on the highway.

Blue
    2000 camaro ss

those m3's have no torque whatsoever. unless you put it in a certain mode i don't remember what it's called but it'll give it torque but it's horrible for the car and voids the warranty. but it was in mach mode which means all 420 horsepower was right there. and that car weighs over 5600 pounds so it's a heavy car. it's nice too. but not worth 100k to me. i'll take a vette or camaro any day

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by camarospade View Post
    those m3's have no torque whatsoever. unless you put it in a certain mode i don't remember what it's called but it'll give it torque but it's horrible for the car and voids the warranty. but it was in mach mode which means all 420 horsepower was right there. and that car weighs over 5600 pounds so it's a heavy car. it's nice too. but not worth 100k to me. i'll take a vette or camaro any day
    They weigh 3704.... Were the fuck did you add 2000 pounds at? pulling something maybe? They cost 50-55k no were close to 100k There about the same price as a vette, except they should easily out handle one. No clue what the hell your talking about mode thing? never heard of any m3 owners EVER talk about that. Your thinking of porsche and it doesn't void the warranty one bit. Nissan was the only one that would void your warranty on the transmission due to excessive launches.

Blue
    2000 camaro ss

maybe the old ones were like that. and they do weigh that much. it says it in the car. and they do cost almost 100k my boss owns one.. and the mode thing you can look up. i got in his car and he showed me all about the modes. it has like 3 or something

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

You're probably looking at the GVW which is car + people + bags. In other words: fully loaded...

At $100K he got took big time.

Please do some research before you start boasting.

Read this: http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-m3.html
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 12-18-2009 at 07:50 PM.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by camarospade View Post
    maybe the old ones were like that. and they do weigh that much. it says it in the car. and they do cost almost 100k my boss owns one.. and the mode thing you can look up. i got in his car and he showed me all about the modes. it has like 3 or something
    Then your boss is complete moron because there is no way in hell one costs 100k loaded. There 65k TOPS! That is with the most you can get. A decent one will cost you 50-55 nicely equiped. They don't weigh that much, there 3700 pounds. Look at BMW's website or any car site and they will you that much. Before you run your mouth, look up the facts so you don't make yourself look like a complete moron.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The modes could be on the Tranny DCT and that will have different modes. Also i havent had a chance to check out the new ones but might have sport mode but that doesnt give you any extra HP or TQ just better throttle response atleast on the E46 M3's. I looked at a basic E90 M3 4 door not the E92 coupe and that started at 54k and some change but man as soon as you put just a couple of options your up there very quickly. Im building one as we speak and some things that i really would want putting on the car and im at 67,505. Then again just getting the base one is more then enough as far as options so i went a bit option crazy, lol.

Thread Information