SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Me vs. several crotch rockets

I've got a friend with a 2005 hayabusa, he rides with several other guys in town and I told him I wanted to run some 600s, so tonight he called me up and said to meet em all up at sonic. Anyways, after a bit of bs with some kid with a "stock 850 ft/pnds LT1" who wouldn't race, we were off. First race: a 2005 R6, kid couldn't get off the line so we raced from a 25 and I killed him, then we raced from a 40 b/c the new R6s don't make power until 9-10 grand and he hung right beside me until about 100 where he pulled a car and then I pulled it back about 120 and we shut down
    2nd race: a sprockets/swing arm/filter gixxer 600 we raced from a 25 again considering we know how bad he'd have killed me off the line -he killed me anyways. He told me beforehand he would shut down at 120 and by then he had a buslength.5 on me
    3rd race: We've messed around several times before and it wasn't really a race, my friend with the hayabusa made me look like I wasn't moving

After that we went out and I did some donuts on camera (everything in the story was taped) and the rockets did some wheelies for show, then we put some McDs trays under the back tires of a civic (idea stolen from some online vid that looked fun) and he had some fun. It was really pretty sweet with the civic. I finally got to hear my car with the headers ORY and loudmouth on the video and I was VERY happy, sounds good on the ride along too (the camera work was all done in my car aside from my donuts)

I wanna find some cars to run though, the kid with the 850 pounds of torque stock LT1 wouldn't race, and some hemi truck wanted in but I didn't really want to race him. HS kids were all over where we were oogling my car asking "what I had in it" What color is that" "who painted it" etc. I had one guy ask "Is that a full body kit?" didn't know what to say to that I was torn between smartass and nice guy, i chose nice guy and just said yeah and talked to him for a bit about his cavalier. either way, it was a pretty good night

red/black
    98 T/A

bad ass sounds like a goon nite

Arctic White
    1999 Z28 M6

yea sounds liek u had a lot of fun....whats are your mods?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

headers ORY loudmouth lid ?2800? stall (it was free 2nd hand crap a friend didn't want), a month ago it was gonna stay stock. . .lol
    no tune yet for any of it

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You can't possibly hang with a 600...let alone pull one

Good runs and kill on that r6 dude.....surprised that shadegrey guy from the other post hasn't thrown his .02 in yet. Are ya gonna post the vids of the runs and doughnuts?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    headers ORY loudmouth lid ?2800? stall (it was free 2nd hand crap a friend didn't want), a month ago it was gonna stay stock. . .lol
    no tune yet for any of it
    I knew the ls1 wasn't gonna stay stock....you already had the mod bug from your lt1

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    You can't possibly hang with a 600...let alone pull one

Good runs and kill on that r6 dude.....surprised that shadegrey guy from the other post hasn't thrown his .02 in yet. Are ya gonna post the vids of the runs and doughnuts?
    I'm still stuck on not knowing how to get the vid onto the computer, lol. I can tape it on the VCR and send you a copy!!!!! damn me My thread asking for help on the matter didn't get any help for me, I might just use windows movie maker to record it from the camera real time and just have to host a 50meg file with horrible quality, but I was really hoping for a good way to do it. I feel like a 62 year old man trying to figure out how to plug in a cordless drill. . . . .

baconmach
    these cars can hang with 600s........just not the new ones.....i raced a yzfr600 with a 309rwhp mach......at 100 to 140 could real him in and pass him with him a short ways back ....and i would keep pulling...the higher we got........it can be done just top end.......before efi they made 100hp if that..................

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Lol, well, since you asked so nicely...

Like I've said in the other thread, I don't think it's impossible. Bikes are very hard to ride skillfully. He says the R6 kid couldn't get off the line, a classic example of a squid who's mom just bought them a new bike. All the supersport 600's are pretty close in power. If I remember correctly, the new r6 is at the top of the heap, making 140 horsepower at a 20,000 rpm redline.

Here's well ridden examples of bone stock 600cc bikes, just so you can see what you're up against.

gsxr600. http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=5032

cbr600 http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=480

zx-6r http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=1457

Couldn't find a tank cam version of an r6 though.

2000 ss silver bullet volksmech1's Avatar

silver
    2000 camaro ss

well i have been trying to get my friend with a 600 to race me but its to cold out he says. anyway i was at a light making a left beside a 600 yamaha with a fat ass on the bike and after we straightened out from the turn we both hit it at the same time from about 20- 25 and went to 95 and we were side by side the whole way he was inching forward but never passed the front of my car. in his bikes defence like i said this guy was a fatty like 250 ish. made the bike look small. take it as you will but that is just my expierience.

Black
    01 Trans Am

Now I'm not waving the BS flag here just gotta let some stuff out. A lot of people with ls1s or GTs think they can easily outrun a 600. This is where I wave the BS flag. I've got an 01 T/A m6 and an 03 ZX-6R. A snowflake in hell stands a better chance than my t/a does against my ninja.
    A few summers ago I was out riding and came across a guy in a new vette, dealer tag still in the window. He looked like the mid-life crisis type. He stopped at the last light in town and he thought he could do it. We ran up to 100 and it was me -> <- vette. I don't know how well they do after 100 but we were coming up on traffic. I also don't know the top speed of my bike. I've had it to 155 and it was still pulling hard.
    I've also ridden an 06 R1 and while they scream on the topend they really really lack in the bottom and midrange. And remember through the 1/4 there is less than a second between the liter bikes and 600s IF you can ride one, its once you hit about 120-130 that liter bikes walk off and leave everything behind.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 5LtrBtr
    Now I'm not waving the BS flag here just gotta let some stuff out. A lot of people with ls1s or GTs think they can easily outrun a 600. This is where I wave the BS flag. I've got an 01 T/A m6 and an 03 ZX-6R. A snowflake in hell stands a better chance than my t/a does against my ninja.
    A few summers ago I was out riding and came across a guy in a new vette, dealer tag still in the window. He looked like the mid-life crisis type. He stopped at the last light in town and he thought he could do it. We ran up to 100 and it was me -> <- vette. I don't know how well they do after 100 but we were coming up on traffic. I also don't know the top speed of my bike. I've had it to 155 and it was still pulling hard.
    I've also ridden an 06 R1 and while they scream on the topend they really really lack in the bottom and midrange. And remember through the 1/4 there is less than a second between the liter bikes and 600s IF you can ride one, its once you hit about 120-130 that liter bikes walk off and leave everything behind.
    On the roll, not off the line, we all know better than to think we could beat one off the line.

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I don't own a bike, and I don't even have my Z28 yet! But I've seen how fast a bike is, and I just don't see a mostly stock LS1 being close to even the cheapest 600.

Black
    01 Trans Am

I wasn't really directing that you z_driver, hope it didn't come off that way. I can see an on the roll race being closer if the rider doesn't or isn't capable of really pushing the bike. What I was mainly referring to was people that are like "my car is fast, it can outrun a 600!" For example, somehow I stumbled across an srt-4 forum and there were some neoners in there saying how they raced a 600 up to 150 and they had 3 car lengths on them.
    I will admit though I got beat on my ninja by a civic once with 300hp worth of autozone decals, a 6 foot wing, and a 55 gallon drum for a fartcan

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    I've got a friend with a 2005 hayabusa, he rides with several other guys in town and I told him I wanted to run some 600s, so tonight he called me up and said to meet em all up at sonic. Anyways, after a bit of bs with some kid with a "stock 850 ft/pnds LT1" who wouldn't race, we were off. First race: a 2005 R6, kid couldn't get off the line so we raced from a 25 and I killed him, then we raced from a 40 b/c the new R6s don't make power until 9-10 grand and he hung right beside me until about 100 where he pulled a car and then I pulled it back about 120 and we shut down
    2nd race: a sprockets/swing arm/filter gixxer 600 we raced from a 25 again considering we know how bad he'd have killed me off the line -he killed me anyways. He told me beforehand he would shut down at 120 and by then he had a buslength.5 on me
    3rd race: We've messed around several times before and it wasn't really a race, my friend with the hayabusa made me look like I wasn't moving

After that we went out and I did some donuts on camera (everything in the story was taped) and the rockets did some wheelies for show, then we put some McDs trays under the back tires of a civic (idea stolen from some online vid that looked fun) and he had some fun. It was really pretty sweet with the civic. I finally got to hear my car with the headers ORY and loudmouth on the video and I was VERY happy, sounds good on the ride along too (the camera work was all done in my car aside from my donuts)

I wanna find some cars to run though, the kid with the 850 pounds of torque stock LT1 wouldn't race, and some hemi truck wanted in but I didn't really want to race him. HS kids were all over where we were oogling my car asking "what I had in it" What color is that" "who painted it" etc. I had one guy ask "Is that a full body kit?" didn't know what to say to that I was torn between smartass and nice guy, i chose nice guy and just said yeah and talked to him for a bit about his cavalier. either way, it was a pretty good night
    good story.those busa are no joke.very fast rockets...did it have nos?

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Very true, a lot of people still think "it's just a 600". When I was on a 600, the accerlation on the top end just blew me away. It was tame down low, but take it past 7 or 8k rpm, and it blows away any car I've ever been in.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I beat 4 sport bikes from 600cc up to 1000cc. Every time I beat one after the race I was like, learn how to drive or get a mopad you retard! I even beat a Yamaha that was all custom paited and modded around a corner and he had the inside! In my neck of the woods 75% of the riders don't know how to drive/handle a good bike. The only decent rider I found was on a CBR600 that I ran even with from a stop until we hit a corner. I took the turn about 45mph sideways and by the time I was straight again he was already a block down the road! That was the only race I ever lost in so far. There is no doubt that I should have been beat by everyone of them.

TWISTEDINTENTIONS

this makes me laugh really really hard. off the line or rolling i can stroke any one on a 600cc with both of my bikes really its not hard at all. one wheel or two as long as the right hand is mashed and the left is working the clutch. im spanking some one. now dont get me wrong there are bikes and cars out there that will spank me but lol most of the time A: people dont know how to ride the bike OR B: the supra in my city has a girl firend and she wont let him play so. and i am talking street cars not a 6 sec track car.. blown, turboed, bottled. mustangs, z28s (from ls1s to lt1s), imports to trucks. if your in the oklahoma area and want a stroking let me know if i cant do it i have friends LOL

and it has been said on this thread that the 1/4 mile times of a big liter bike and a small liter are close in times but facter in riders and you will soon see that the averge person riding on the street is not a paid rider that spends most of his days laying down times for mags on a bike. in fact they are so far apart. granted my bikes are quick and i have been riding sence i was 6. i have stroked liter bikes on a 600 and have stroke 600s on a liter bike and vise versa.

are there cars on the street that can hand a 600 its ass most deff. remember a 600 might red line at some thing stupid like 16 to 17,000 rpms but it only efectively creates horse power up till about 12 to 14,000 rpms. where as a big bike like a liter or more bike might not rev as high but its making power up until it slams the revlimiter. PLUS i have never seen a car ride on one wheel for miles and miles LOL j/p but really.. with the right rider and a stock to mildly modded ls1 lt1 or gt there getting spanked the verables are endless to what could stroke what but the bottom line is how many people you have taking at the end of the night and ever one goes home safe. just my 2 cents

Thread Information