Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

The spoiler will be in Kyle's possession next Monday: Rescheduled Delivery Date: 12/14/2009

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

I saw this posted in the western forum.

I don't have any involvement with either party but just from my experience with shipping large items such as full catbacks, large interior parts, seats, etc off ebay. Nearly all my 200+ feedback from my buyers have post how well my items are packaged.

You should first and always have whatever you ship insured. It's piece of mind for both the buyer/receiver and seller/shipper. I recently bought a $2K bass guitar off ebay and when I recieved it I took pictures of the box before I opened it. Thankfully no damage done.

Secondly just by looking at the pics posted by johnnybz28 it appears the box wasn't properly filled/packaged to prevent movement of the spoiler within the box. I see several bits of grey foam, newspaper and plastic bubbles. Clearly the newspaper has no void filling effect on such a item that size. What I don't see is which is crucial to prevent movement during shipping is lots of packaging tape that should be thoroughly taped around the grey foam and clear bubbles. The foam and bubbles should've been tape to the spoiler and totally encapsulate the spoiler on all sides and both end not just be strategically placed inside the box. If that was properly done right you wouldn't see dents and marks from the spoiler banging inside the box.

Everyone knows shipping carriers can be rough on shipping packages but if the package wasn't properly package it's no fault of the carrier. Just my 2 cents!

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2GTO View Post
    I saw this posted in the western forum.

I don't have any involvement with either party but just from my experience with shipping large items such as full catbacks, large interior parts, seats, etc off ebay. Nearly all my 200+ feedback from my buyers have post how well my items are packaged.

You should first and always have whatever you ship insured. It's piece of mind for both the buyer/receiver and seller/shipper. I recently bought a $2K bass guitar off ebay and when I recieved it I took pictures of the box before I opened it. Thankfully no damage done.

Secondly just by looking at the pics posted by johnnybz28 it appears the box wasn't properly filled/packaged to prevent movement of the spoiler within the box. I see several bits of grey foam, newspaper and plastic bubbles. Clearly the newspaper has no void filling effect on such a item that size. What I don't see is which is crucial to prevent movement during shipping is lots of packaging tape that should be thoroughly taped around the grey foam and clear bubbles. The foam and bubbles should've been tape to the spoiler and totally encapsulate the spoiler on all sides and both end not just be strategically placed inside the box. If that was properly done right you wouldn't see dents and marks from the spoiler banging inside the box.

Everyone knows shipping carriers can be rough on shipping packages but if the package wasn't properly package it's no fault of the carrier. Just my 2 cents!
    This is exactly what the UPS damage clerk said. I'll be receiving a copy of his report at some point today.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Paypal said that they can't do anything since it was not an Ebay transaction.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

I just filed a dispute against Kyle with my bank. It will take about 10 days to refund me the money.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Kyle I am giving you those 10 business days to refund me the money you owe me. If you do, I will cancel the dispute.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

As per LS1tech.com

Quote Originally Posted by Black02LS1 View Post
    Hello all,

Allow me to tell my side of the story here. Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I am a good guy who has no intentions of screwing someone out of a quick buck.

Upon recieving the package at his home in Middle Village, New York, Jonny noticed the wing was cracked and notified me. During that time we both concured that UPS had mishandled the item. Jonny asked me to file a claim for him and I did. He filed a claim as well. After some time passed, he asked me for a refund while we were waiting to hear back from UPS. I assured him that I would refund him the money pending UPS refunded me. He asked that I refund him upfront while UPS inspected the package. I denied to do this because I felt UPS had mishandled the item, which was not my fault, and I also had no guarantee that UPS was even inspecting the item. Also, for all I knew, UPS had refunded him already, as I requested in my claim. This is where his many threads about our dispute start.
    If you knew anything about UPS, they refund the shipper and not the receiver. They won't even give any details about the claim to the receiver as per their policy. After I texted you about a partial refund because I knew UPS would be denying the claim you did send back that you would refund me if UPS refunded you. In response to this I sent back "Does that mean if UPS doesn't refund you, you wouldn't give me a refund for the spoiler?" which you responded to "No, I would not be refunding you if UPS did not refund me". It's funny how after I file a bank dispute that you are willing to refund me now as I asked for in the beginning.

Once i heard back from UPS, stating they were denying the claim due to insufficient packing, I agreed to restart our discussion about refunding. We are currently in that process, pending there is absolutly no way to receive monetary compensation from UPS.
    The only reason that you are willing to refund me is because I have enough evidence to have my bank dispute approved and you know it.

I do not wish to bash Jonny on here, but I must admit that I feel his emotions for spite are getting the better of him. I simply wish to resolve this matter professionaly and in the way that accomodates both parties best.
    I'm sorry that you feel this way. I am doing everything I can to protect myself from being screwed out of money that I worked for and earned.

I would also like to politely remind Jonny that, should the outcome not be the most ideal, I have saved ALL e-mails and text messages during this time. This also includes the ones that may not have been sent by you, but may have been influenced by you. I would also like to add that, should this turn into a civil suit, harrassing messages, defimation of character, computer viruses, and inappropriate ads in my name are grounds for a very good countersuit.

Thank you for your continued understand and patience in this matter.

-Kyle

I am not sure as to what other emails or text messages you may have received but I have nothing to do with them, nor do I have anything to do with computer viruses? or inappropriate ads?. Do you even know the definition of defamation of character? I hope you realize that I have a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and will soon be NYPD, so I am very aware what I am allowed to post and what I am not allowed to post.

I posted your information on another one of my forums that I know some California members on that drive corvettes and live around your area asking for help. Also, all that information was found via google or white pages, so nothing illegal or "defamation of character" there. I could have called your father Ronald and spoke to him about the situation but I felt that was unnecessary seeing as you are 23 and seem to take care of yourself pretty much for the most part.

"The term defamation of character is often used to describe accusations of slander, libel or both. Slander involves verbal derogatory statements, while libel involves written ones. In a court of law, the plaintiff pursuing the lawsuit would charge defamation of character to cover any form of false or damaging allegations."

Nothing I posted was a lie.

You have 9 business days left until the bank dispute goes through to refund me what I asked.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Which forum did this transaction originate from?

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Which forum did this transaction originate from?
    I saw the spoiler for sale here and on LS1tech. I contacted him both here and there about the SS wing and then we spoke on AIM/Texts.
    Last edited by johnnybz28; 12-09-2009 at 06:44 AM.

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

This issue has been resolved.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

glad you guys worked it out.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

How was it resolved?

98 Formula