Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

green
    1994 camaro

revelation

ok after having given up and posted it for sale i put the body kit back on today and im thinking i may have found wat could be wrong.. i tryed starting it again and everything rolled over alot smoother and a lil quicker this time. i pressed the gas to the floor and still didn't fire up but i can hear every plug firing. i think the valves may be adjusted wrong not allowing gas and air into the cylinders. this would explain why the plugs are all firing fine and it still not catching right? how do i adjust them right while its in the car. bcuz i thought i adjusted them right before i put the motor in the car. how can i tell whether they are adjusted correctly or not??

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejunkie View Post
    ok after having given up and posted it for sale i put the body kit back on today and im thinking i may have found wat could be wrong.. i tryed starting it again and everything rolled over alot smoother and a lil quicker this time. i pressed the gas to the floor and still didn't fire up but i can hear every plug firing. i think the valves may be adjusted wrong not allowing gas and air into the cylinders. this would explain why the plugs are all firing fine and it still not catching right? how do i adjust them right while its in the car. bcuz i thought i adjusted them right before i put the motor in the car. how can i tell whether they are adjusted correctly or not??
    The 3.4L OHV motor does'nt have adjustable rockers.. Did you remember to plug everything back in? Could be air in the lines. Cycle your key from off to on a few times with enough of a wait between key turns so that the fuel pump runs each time and try to start it again. Check make sure your crank sensor is pluged in as well and that the sensor is not damaged. Flooring the pedal will only serve to put the ecm into "flooded mode" and will restrict fuel flow (not what you want) when starting for the first time. Doing as I suggested above will also cause the ecm to fire a fresh shot of fuel into the ports each time you turn the key to the on position provided there is no air in the fuel lines. Also check your plug wire order.. Also how old is the gas in your tank???
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-03-2010 at 08:39 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

white
    1995 Firebird

Just keep trying a few more times man. It took mine a few dozen times tying to finally get it to fire up, and it ran like crap to begin with also. I still say try givin' the throttle body a shot of ether while turning the key over.

Thread Information