Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Nah I have never ran a street avenger, We always ran Double pumpers or Dominators. But we also usually just build race cars LOL, This is my first street rod build, So its gonna be pretty Mild, But still sound and run good. It will hit the track a few times But not much.

I will look into a street avenger tho.

I think I will buy that set of valve covers I posted, There pretty close to me. He also has some girdles I need.

Hopefully I will have my valves for the heads this week, I can drill n tap the new 7/16 studs, and have the heads Finished and ready to go. I hope to have the motor complete in a few weeks.
    DEFINATELY drill and tap 7\16 studs. i've had the stock press in ones pull even with mild lift

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    By double humps do you mean "camel backs?" 2.02I/1.94E? There was another set, can't remeber the size (slightly smaller ports tho) but they were pretty good too..
    yup... also reffered to as camel humps. they weren't all 2.02 alot of them were 1.94's. they're actually not as good as vortec heads. decent though. there's different castings #'s of them including 186 and 461 i believe. there is also other later versions of them that are similar but are larger chamber ---76cc

silver
    2002 ws6

one quick way to see if you have shitty heads or not with older sbc heads is to stick your finger in the intake port and see if you can feel the bottom of the rocker stud. if there is a passage upwards to the bottom of the stud, you have shitty heads. if it's smooth and flat, you have decent heads.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    yup... also reffered to as camel humps. they weren't all 2.02 alot of them were 1.94's. they're actually not as good as vortec heads. decent though. there's different castings #'s of them including 186 and 461 i believe. there is also other later versions of them that are similar but are larger chamber ---76cc
    I gotcha.. If old memory can think here, I believe I heard that if the "hump"( half moon) faced UP, they were the smaller valved heads, and if it was (half moon) DOWN showing two high points in the mark they were 2.02's..? End casting mark just above (and @ the end) the bottom of the head near the head gasket land.. Yeah old tech for sure compared to todays standards but man would they make an old Chevy RUN..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-31-2009 at 08:09 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I gotcha.. If old memory can think here, I believe I heard that if the "hump"( half moon) faced UP, they were the smaller valved heads, and if it was (half moon) DOWN showing two high points in the mark they were 2.02's..? End casting mark just above (and @ the end) the bottom of the head near the head gasket land..
    i've never heard that before. all the ones i've had were humps facing up. but then again they all started life as 1.94's

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

i've never heard that before. all the ones i've had were humps facing up. but then again they all started life as 1.94's
    Yeah it something I've heard over the years that's all. Never really checked into it tho. I have'nt fooled with an old Chevy small block in years..

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

one quick way to see if you have shitty heads or not with older sbc heads is to stick your finger in the intake port and see if you can feel the bottom of the rocker stud. if there is a passage upwards to the bottom of the stud, you have shitty heads. if it's smooth and flat, you have decent heads.
    Yeah I know what you mean. These heads I have is actually the later version 327/340horse heads. They have the accessory bracket holes in the front, Unlike most of the Older version double humps. These are 2.02/1.6 valved heads. Its been a while since we Flowed them But I believe they were 250 Intake 180 or 190 Exhaust.

Not too shabby for a Little motor.

The heads I just took off the vette tonight I just ran the casting numbers. Some Idiot in the past has Mis matched the heads. one of them is a 307/350 74cc head and the other is a 350/400 76cc head.
    They also Had Comp cam 1.5 Solid roller Rockers, Bone stock Hydrollic Lifters with a Hydrolic cam. It was TOTALLY a bad combo. its had a Little mis since day 1 so I know WHY Now LOL.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. These heads I have is actually the later version 327/340horse heads. They have the accessory bracket holes in the front, Unlike most of the Older version double humps. These are 2.02/1.6 valved heads. Its been a while since we Flowed them But I believe they were 250 Intake 180 or 190 Exhaust.

Not too shabby for a Little motor.

The heads I just took off the vette tonight I just ran the casting numbers. Some Idiot in the past has Mis matched the heads. one of them is a 307/350 74cc head and the other is a 350/400 76cc head.
    They also Had Comp cam 1.5 Solid roller Rockers, Bone stock Hydrollic Lifters with a Hydrolic cam. It was TOTALLY a bad combo. its had a Little mis since day 1 so I know WHY Now LOL
    lol! the 350\400 head wasn't an 882... was it? if so chop it to pieces!
    sounds like an awesome combo!

a buddy of mine did something like that with a 302 ford once. he was building a budget engine. he needed a set of left side pistons but all he had was another donor engine with all good right side ones. so he used those. it only lasted 2 weeks.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

lol! the 350\400 head wasn't an 882... was it? if so chop it to pieces!
    sounds like an awesome combo!

a buddy of mine did something like that with a 302 ford once. he was building a budget engine. he needed a set of left side pistons but all he had was another donor engine with all good right side ones. so he used those. it only lasted 2 weeks.
    Here is what Mortec said they was

462624.....75-86...350/400......76cc chamber, 1.72/1.5, 1.94/1.5 or 2.02/1.6 valves

3998993....72-73...307/350......74cc chambers

Ya I believe someone just throwed what they had laying around on it.

The car has set for over 10yrs prier to me gettin it. SO it was done a LONG time ago. I know the guy that has owned it since 1984, He has some buddies that I believed worked on it. So im going to call him and tell him what kind of buddies he has LOL. They was Prob all Drunk when they built it.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Well he keeps doing a typical ricer thing. Always has excuses says his wastegate spring is only capable of 4lbs and says his head gasket is blown, he wont run me yet.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    Well he keeps doing a typical ricer thing. Always has excuses says his wastegate spring is only capable of 4lbs and says his head gasket is blown, he wont run me yet.
    he must be scared then..

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol yeah, that what im thinkin. Now he is telling me how he is gonna get rid of his engine and re-do everything him self and wants to be around 450 hp. I keep asking myself how when the kid doesnt even have enough of money for electricity. i went over to his house friday night and he was sittin in his livin room with a flash light.....wtf??

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

lol yeah, that what im thinkin. Now he is telling me how he is gonna get rid of his engine and re-do everything him self and wants to be around 450 hp. I keep asking myself how when the kid doesnt even have enough of money for electricity. i went over to his house friday night and he was sittin in his livin room with a flash light.....wtf??
    Haha that is classic!! Stupid ricers. Spent all his money trying to go fast in his gayhonda and now he can't pay the electric bill?? Simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Haha that is classic!! Stupid ricers. Spent all his money trying to go fast in his gayhonda and now he can't pay the electric bill?? Simply amazing.
    Some people don't understand priorities. That guy might as well sleep in his car.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Some people don't understand priorities. That guy might as well sleep in his car.
    well at least VTEC radiates enough awesomness to keep you warm at night. PAH!!!

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

HAHAHAHA! Ya its really hilarious everytime i drive by his house i laugh. The other day i was in Blue02Z's car and had the t tops off and windows down cruisin down his street hopin he was outside and sure enough he was, i dropped it into 2nd at 45 and thats a good hit cuz he has 4.10's and the tires broke loose, then he texted me and said the car looked slow. I sent back it was extremely slow.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

well at least VTEC radiates enough awesomness to keep you warm at night. PAH!!!
    Sounds like he's gonna have some cold nights lol!!!

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

HAHAHAHA! Ya its really hilarious everytime i drive by his house i laugh. The other day i was in Blue02Z's car and had the t tops off and windows down cruisin down his street hopin he was outside and sure enough he was, i dropped it into 2nd at 45 and thats a good hit cuz he has 4.10's and the tires broke loose, then he texted me and said the car looked slow. I sent back it was extremely slow.
    what a fag. slow compared to what? his car?? BAHAHAHAHAA should have told him your gonna drive your "slow" car home and enjoy your electricity

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol haha i should have said that, that would have been hilarious.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Sounds like he's gonna have some cold nights lol!!!
    well he aint gonna be pullin any tail in that rattle can!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information