Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I got me an '06 SSR kill tonight!

So I am driving home from work and I am merging onto the road from the right an I look up at the stop light and an SSR is sitting in the turn lane that is going my way. The road opens up to a two lane road momentarily for a bit for passing other cars since it is a 2-lane highway. He must have saw me and recognized it was something fast because as soon as I got into the left lane to go around him he goes WOT. I did too and he held his 1-1.5 car lead for about 2 seconds until I blew by him and proceeded to make it worse for him! A 2nd gear roll on is a very nice start the Cobra! I don't know what he was thinking but then again he was Dutch and probably thought his shitass little wagon could hang...
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    So I am driving home from work and I am merging onto the road from the right an I look up at the stop light and an SSR is sitting in the turn lane that is going my way. The road opens up to a two lane road momentarily for a bit for passing other cars since it is a 2-lane highway. He must have saw me and recognized it was something fast because as soon as I got into the left lane to go around him he goes WOT. I did too and he held his 1-1.5 car lead for about 2 seconds until I blew by him and proceeded to make it worse for him! A 2nd gear roll on is a very nice start the Cobra! I don't know what he was thinking but then again he was Dutch and probably thought his shitass little wagon could hang...
    Is an SSR considered wagon?

Good kill, those things are slow

Those things are slow. Only one I've ever seen run did consistent 14s while getting beat by an all motor Civic.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Is an SSR considered wagon?

Good kill, those things are slow
    They call trucks wagons here. Sorry, I know it is not much of a kill but there is little on the roads over here with great frequency so when something like this comes along it is kind of funny. Compared to the Fiat, Renault, or one of the other many utter crap car makers here the SSR probably seems like a rocketship to these people when they drive it. The guy was cool but he didn't really know what he was dealing with.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

They call trucks wagons here. Sorry, I know it is not much of a kill but there is little on the roads over here with great frequency so when something like this comes along it is kind of funny. Compared to the Fiat, Renault, or one of the other many utter crap car makers here the SSR probably seems like a rocketship to these people when they drive it. The guy was cool but he didn't really know what he was dealing with.
    haha nice kill, you ever have a run in with anything fast yet?

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    haha nice kill, you ever have a run in with anything fast yet?

A few Skylines, Porche GT-2/3, Lamborghini Murcielago, and Aston Martin Vanquish.

1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS

how'd u fare against them?

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

A few Skylines, Porche GT-2/3, Lamborghini Murcielago, and Aston Martin Vanquish.
    yea howd you do

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    yea howd you do
    I raced 3 different Skylines. They were all modded pretty severely. I posted a thread about the second one on here with videos The first one I beat hand down. The second we traded a few back and forth. The video from the second one was posted a while back on here. The third one was a slaughter by me. He had nothing on me.

THe Porsche GT-2 I smoked by about 4 cars from a 60-130 roll and he wouldn't play after that. The GT-3 was poorly driven and it was buslengths that I put on him. He was some rich guy who was on the rev limiter in every gear... Go figure.

The Lambo wouldn't do a full run really we played cat and mouse for 30 minutes and then he finally went for about 4-5 seconds and when he saw me pulling away he let out. I beleive if we would have stayed in it I could have inched away from him and maybe got him by a car or so. I dunno...

With the Vanquish it was not good at all for him. I must have had like 10 cars on him by 100mph... We left from 45-50mph or so. Those things are heavy though so I wasn't surprised.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Haha! It is funny that some people think their car is fast. Even funnier win they do it in a minivan. Good kill though.

I raced 3 different Skylines. They were all modded pretty severely. I posted a thread about the second one on here with videos The first one I beat hand down. The second we traded a few back and forth. The video from the second one was posted a while back on here. The third one was a slaughter by me. He had nothing on me.

THe Porsche GT-2 I smoked by about 4 cars from a 60-130 roll and he wouldn't play after that. The GT-3 was poorly driven and it was buslengths that I put on him. He was some rich guy who was on the rev limiter in every gear... Go figure.

The Lambo wouldn't do a full run really we played cat and mouse for 30 minutes and then he finally went for about 4-5 seconds and when he saw me pulling away he let out. I beleive if we would have stayed in it I could have inched away from him and maybe got him by a car or so. I dunno...

With the Vanquish it was not good at all for him. I must have had like 10 cars on him by 100mph... We left from 45-50mph or so. Those things are heavy though so I wasn't surprised.
    ...wait so you're saying a Skyrine kept with you. Impossible!

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    ...wait so you're saying a Skyrine kept with you. Impossible!
    I believe you posted in that thread about the R34...

Impossible!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Lol yea, so did I. It turned into a import hater vs smart people battle.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol yea, so did I. It turned into a import hater vs dumb people battle.
    fixed!

Thread Information