Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Hope your kidding, a stock srt-8 charger or challenger is a 13.2-13.5 car @ 108-110mph, i was running 12.8s @ 111mph with 3 bolt ons and a tune on street tires. I will say that most of the time a stock f-body will lose to a stock srt-8 car but not by that much. A few bolt ons will put you in the lead. Oh and just so you know stock my 2000 T/A went a 13.3 @ 107mph, so still pretty close to the times put down by the srt-8 cars.

You think too highly of the srt-8 cars if you think you need a cammed ls1 to beat them, there are a shit ton of 11 second ls1 cars with cam and bolt ons only. No way in a hell a stock srt-8 car is gonna run 11s

Im also confused as to why yo uthink the srt-8 challenger is faster than the charger, they weigh damn near the same and have the same powertrain.
    dude chill, i ran a stock srt charger i have slps 350hp pac, it was a pretty even race both autos, i'm just comparing a stock f-body. no cams or bolt ons anything else.

the challenger weighs a bit less, a couple .X faster in 0-60 than a charger

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    dude chill, i ran a stock srt charger i have slps 350hp pac, it was a pretty even race both autos, i'm just comparing a stock f-body. no cams or bolt ons anything else.

What are you talking about, I am chill.

The challenger is 100lbs less than the charger, not much

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    word-- and those times are basically what f-bodies run stock-- unless they're clapped out. just because it's new and alot more power doesn't make it faster. weight kills the challenger and new camaro.
    Looky what i found, stock 2010 manual runs a 12.87 @ 109mph with a 2.0 60ft. DA was 986, so that helped lol

I have already seen with my own eyes 111mph trap speed out of a bone stock 2010 manual. But that guy only went a 13.3. And it was high 30s that night.

I have said it before and il lsay it again, give the new camaro drivers time to get used to the car and the IRS and give the engines time to break in and we will see some 12.6-12.8 passes stock down to the tires.

http://www.camaro5.com/?p=1605
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-26-2009 at 12:00 PM.

1998 Trans Am

not that motor trend is really acurate, but in thier '10-'11 line up, says challenger goes 0-60 in 4.6 while charger goes it in 5.0, (same as what they say a 98 trans am does)even if they arent right all the time, .4 seconds is a good measurable difference.

1998 Trans Am

and yes no doubt, nearly any mild cam will put us well in the lead against the two no doubt sir. i just cant afford any of that right now, college sucks.

silver
    2002 ws6

Looky what i found, stock 2010 manual runs a 12.87 @ 109mph with a 2.0 60ft. DA was 986, so that helped lol

I have already seen with my own eyes 111mph trap speed out of a bone stock 2010 manual. But that guy only went a 13.3. And it was high 30s that night.

I have said it before and il lsay it again, give the new camaro drivers time to get used to the car and the IRS and give the engines time to break in and we will see some 12.6-12.8 passes stock down to the tires.

i think you're right. and GM has also had some minor bugs to work out of these cars. but right now the stock 2010 camaro record is basically the exact same as the ls1 fbody record.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

I had a srt-4.. Dyned 270whp with wga, exhaust, and intercooler and would walk my camaro all day long.
    Would run high 12s all day long.
    12.89 108 2.0
    331whp 338rwtq

LLk

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Klug23 View Post
    I had a srt-4.. Dyned 270whp with wga, exhaust, and intercooler and would walk my camaro all day long.
    Would run high 12s all day long.
    Then your camaro must be stock.

Arctic White, red/gray

i think you're right. and GM has also had some minor bugs to work out of these cars. but right now the stock 2010 camaro record is basically the exact same as the ls1 fbody record.
    Yes except the record 4th gen was done by a pro driver and this was some average joe off the street. Maybe they should let Evan run a 2010 manual on a day with the same DA as the day he ran that WS6 and see what happens.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Then your camaro must be stock.
    Lid, drs, 4,000 miles. Beat exhaust, lid, dr camaros quite a bit. but i drove the shit out of that pos neon.

Arctic White, red/gray

Lid, drs, 4,000 miles. Beat exhaust, lid, dr camaros quite a bit. but i drove the shit out of that pos neon.
    I was running mid to high 12s with headers, catback, lid and tune all day in my T/A on street tires. With drag radials im sure low to lower mid 12s would have been doable. But by the time i got my DRs i had a cam/ported heads and intake manifold upgrade.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

I was running mid to high 12s with headers, catback, lid and tune all day in my T/A on street tires. With drag radials im sure low to lower mid 12s would have been doable. But by the time i got my DRs i had a cam/ported heads and intake manifold upgrade.
    my best with 270whp was in the 12.7s. true slicks and break 300whp mid 12s would have been a problem at all.

Arctic White, red/gray

my best with 270whp was in the 12.7s. true slicks and break 300whp mid 12s would have been a problem at all.
    I had alot of srt-4 friends back in the day, so i know what they can do, 1 friends was even in the 11s but after a while it seems everyone wants to sell them.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

I had alot of srt-4 friends back in the day, so i know what they can do, 1 friends was even in the 11s but after a while it seems everyone wants to sell them.
    Yeah. Its funny how many people think they are a joke, but thats just because they are owned by poor ass kids that dont have a clue how to mod or drive them.
    That is the only reason i bought one, kept it for 2 years as a dd and sold it.

willys srt8
    SRT-8 Charger/Challenger/300 all pretty much the same. Dodge claims 4168lbs for the Charger the 300 and the Challenger are only slightly lighter.

the T/C button is not a toggle under the dash it's right above the radio and to disable it completly it needs to remain pressed for 6 sec till it chimes and the display says ESP off. for best acceleration/track results leave it ON

f-body vs SRT-8 close but if i HAD to bet it would be on the SRT-8.

The average trap speed for a stock new Camaro is 108-111mph. That is a bit more than a stock F-body which averages 104-106mph. While they may be running similar 1/4 mile times, the new Camaro is still pulling harder on the top end.

I forget which company, but they threw a pair of drag radials on a new 6M SS, and it went high 12s@110-111mph, and it was pretty achievable between two different cars they had. I've only seen a small handful of factory freaks, or base model (no power anything) Z28s, that have gone 12s stock.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    The average trap speed for a stock new Camaro is 108-111mph. That is a bit more than a stock F-body which averages 104-106mph. While they may be running similar 1/4 mile times, the new Camaro is still pulling harder on the top end.

I forget which company, but they threw a pair of drag radials on a new 6M SS, and it went high 12s@110-111mph, and it was pretty achievable between two different cars they had. I've only seen a small handful of factory freaks, or base model (no power anything) Z28s, that have gone 12s stock.
    This link is a stock camaro down to the stock tires going a high 12. Im willing to bet the average for that car in a year or two will be 12.8-13.3 a couple tenths better than the 4th gen and a great time will be 12.6s. This is why i laugh when everyone on here talks about how they pulled the new SS with there stock 4th gen. Even though it is heavier, its a faster car.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post

I'm sorry but you do need to get over your 350hp pac thing.... a LS1 puts out 350hp(at crank).... no matter if it is in a Vette, F-body or GTO... any LS1 will dyno from 290hp to 315hp(stock)... give or take a few... and as for the op question... well most likely it is a drivers race....

silver
    2002 ws6

Yes except the record 4th gen was done by a pro driver and this was some average joe off the street. Maybe they should let Evan run a 2010 manual on a day with the same DA as the day he ran that WS6 and see what happens.
    i hope you're right-- i want the new camaro to be faster but at this point i'm not super impressed with any of the new musclecars. i dont want to buy something that has an edge over my 02 i want something that will kill my 02

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

i haven't heard of many new camaros actually trapping 111.. 98% of them are in that 108-109 area.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    SRT-8 Charger/Challenger/300 all pretty much the same. Dodge claims 4168lbs for the Charger the 300 and the Challenger are only slightly lighter.

the T/C button is not a toggle under the dash it's right above the radio and to disable it completly it needs to remain pressed for 6 sec till it chimes and the display says ESP off. for best acceleration/track results leave it ON

f-body vs SRT-8 close but if i HAD to bet it would be on the SRT-8.
    look it up... holding that button for 6 seconds will not turn off esp completely.. hence the switch my dad BOUGHT that plugs into the wiring and will COMPLETELY disable the traction. don't try to tell me i don't know what I'm talking about

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information