White
    01 Camaro 6speed

01 Z28 vs 04 Z06 ?

Well ive had a opportunity to run a 04 a couple of times but just ended up backing off since i know im gonna get owned, lol. I do wanna go with a better ypipe and pulley but those wont give much in power either way. I want to go up against one from 50-120mph since ive ran into a couple around town a few times. I think by the time he hits 120 he is gonna have atleast 3-4 cars on me and beyond those speeds it will be much worse. Id like to run one just for the hell of it and see how far behind i am and what i exactly need to atleast keep up with one. I think even with LT's and ORY with a good tune id still get owned. I have a ton of respect for those cars they are hella fast.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Who cares if you get owned There is always someone faster, racing is fun either way
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Who cares if you get owned There is always someone faster, racing is fun either way
    +1...no matter what you build, someone will build one faster. Its the thrill through the 1320...sometimes beyond and sometimes on the street where it shouldn't be, but its that thrill that drives us to own cars like we do. Otherwise this would be Prius.com and our kill stories would be along the lines of the last deer, rabbit, or squirrel we ran over.
    I run against anything that'll run me. If I get beat, so what. I will thumbs up the guy/girl, and move on to the next mod.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^, lol . I was actually going to buy a Prius once my lease is up on my Civic. Ya you guys are right, im ok with getting owned by the Z06. It would be interesting to see how bad, lol. If i dont run into one on the streets i might go to fontana for the up coming event and see what happens.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Unless the Z06 driver is terrible, you are going to lose by a substantial margin. He has you on power, gearing and weight.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Had the pleasure going up against a cammed z06 I buried that needle deeper than it had ever gone-yah he beat me again, and again, and again.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I know im gonna get beat bad, either way its nice to know how bad. I got alot of respect for those cars and i would actually prefer a C5Z06 over a C6, nothing taken away from the C6's though.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I ain't scared of no C5Z06.......

Unless its decently modded

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^LOL

White
    2002 Z28

I just bought an 02 C5 Z06 with 37,000 miles on it. It's the second C5 Z06 that I've owned. It's stock and the first one had an intake and the CAGS was eliminated.

My first Z06 typically ran real low 12's at 118 with an occasional high 11. I made an 11.501 pass with some sticky ET streets on it.

I'm going to take the new car to the strip in the next couple of weeks. They are tricky to get the most out of, but once I become reaccustomed to it I'm thinking 12.2-12.3 at 116 stock.

My car has 37,000 miles on it. It's quicksilver with a black interior. It's a 1 owner car and I got it for 23,500.

Still have the Z28, but I'm thinking I'm going to sell it.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Congrats thats a real nice upgrade from the Z28, let the modding begin.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I ain't scared of no C5Z06.......

Unless its decently modded
    me either
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    me either
    Be careful. Not all C5Zs are stock...

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

At the dealer i work at there is a couple that come in that are really modded. I know just with a few bolt ons they are pushing easy 380+ RWHP as far as the C5 Z06 with a weight of around 3150, well that just spells trouble, lol. Stock ive seen them pull about 345 rwhp which is already plenty fast from that car. Id have to be around 360-365 rwhp just to put up a good fight with a stock C5Z. I think with LT's and a good dyno tune i might get there but who knows. I just got done installing SFC's dumping money into that a bit and maybe do some sway bars. After that ill go back to HP mods again.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 11-12-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Black
    1999 WS6

The Z06 is an awesome car. Power out the a$$. I traded my 2006 Z06 in, kept the WS6 though. Too many Corvettes on the road to suit me.
    The Z would own my WS6, until I hit the bottle then it became half a race anyway.
    I can't imagine how the ZR-1 feels to drive. I'd probably sh!t myself.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

i ran into one with exhaust and probably intake and tune, from the way he raped my stalled ws6. we went from about 50-120 like you said and it was about 2 cars until 100 or so and probably an additional 3-4 just from 100 to 120. those things are fast. i had a stall, intake, exhaust and tune, sfcs and free mods at the time. before teh stall i ran a 13.0 with just intake and tune. my car ain't perfect but i'm willing to bet it would do a mid 12 now that it's stalled and has DRs, so getting raped like that was pretty embarassing. i want a cam lol.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

well i got to sit in a ZR1 and drive it off the showroom straigt to our detail shop which is about 100 yards, lol. Thats as close as i will probably ever get to driving one.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by danziger View Post
    Be careful. Not all C5Zs are stock...
    true that i know. but ive beat some that were modded with bolt ons.. some with just one thing some with more than one. havent raced a cam only one. id like to tho

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    true that i know. but ive beat some that were modded with bolt ons.. some with just one thing some with more than one. havent raced a cam only one. id like to tho
    If you were closer and I wasn't deployed, I'd love to set up a friendly race. I just have a little cam, headers+catted X-pipe, pulley and tune. Docile enough to be a daily-driver...

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by danziger View Post
    If you were closer and I wasn't deployed, I'd love to set up a friendly race. I just have a little cam, headers+catted X-pipe, pulley and tune. Docile enough to be a daily-driver...
    haha, youd prolly eat my lunch

Thread Information