Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Jax Lift

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Max Jax Lift

I had some guys asking about my lift in the Firebird section, so I'm going to post some pics and info here. This is how it looks un packed from the skid:

The towers are held in place by 5 anchors each. When you are done using the lift, remove these anchors and wheel the towers to a corner for storage.

The direction show one of the left ports being used here...it's actually the one on the right...

And it even works! Total build and install took about 4 hours.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

That is very nice. What was the total cost?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Never mind, I found it I would love this, or any lift. My car is currently on jack stands, again. I am slowly hating jacking the car up and adjusting 4-6 jackstands that it makes me not work on the car. I bet its been on jack stands 20 times this summer. I'm envious of all lift owners.

Red

Yeah, I went all out this past summer. After changing a rear main seal in my, while laying on the driveway, I finally said, "That's it!" I got a home equity loan, built a garage, and ordered the lift. The lift was actually $1999 with free shipping, but Conway Frieght charges $130 for lift gate delivery.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    Yeah, I went all out this past summer. After changing a rear main seal in my, while laying on the driveway, I finally said, "That's it!" I got a home equity loan, built a garage, and ordered the lift. The lift was actually $1999 with free shipping, but Conway Frieght charges $130 for lift gate delivery.
    That was one expensive rear main seal!!! Looks like a nice setup man.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    That was one expensive rear main seal!!! Looks like a nice setup man.
    Funny part is, it was actually the oil sending unit dripping down the back of the engine

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Is it an American Made kift?

Total lifting capacity?

What is the max lift height?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nice! What epoxy floor covering did you go with? I would really like to do my floor but am worried about its longevity as it is a working garage.

Red

Not sure if it's made in America or not. It was the only one of it's kind available to suit my needs, so unfortunately I couldn't be picky. It's made by Danmar, and people on here have said some of there manufacturing has gone over seas. Lifting capacity is 6000 lbs, and I have had my 5500lb Grand Cherokee on it with no issues or struggles. Lifting height is about 4 1/2 feet.
    http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

The floor coating is by UCoatit. I love it. I opted for the clear top coat. very easy to keep clean, but the clear will scuff a bit. Luckily, once you follow the whole process, re-coating to repair damage is just scuff and roll.
    http://ucoatit.com/pgs/main.htm

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The floor coating is by UCoatit. I love it. I opted for the clear top coat. very easy to keep clean, but the clear will scuff a bit. Luckily, once you follow the whole process, re-coating to repair damage is just scuff and roll.
    http://ucoatit.com/pgs/main.htm

I have seen it advertised and have checked it out at a display booth before, but have never talked to anyone that has used it. How long has yours been coated? Any abuse, spills, rough treatment that you have subjected it to?

Red

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I have seen it advertised and have checked it out at a display booth before, but have never talked to anyone that has used it. How long has yours been coated? Any abuse, spills, rough treatment that you have subjected it to?
    Abuse: Check
    Spills: Lots
    Rough treatment: See above

I just finished dropping the whole drivetrain from Firebird, so I spilled everything on it. Oil, brake fluid, antifreeze, compressor oil. It all wiped right up. The only thing that stained it, was a harsh epoxy that has an acid base, Real nasty stuff! As for the scuffing, you can grind dirt into fairly easy, but that's only because of the clear. Bottom line:
    Lots of spills- go with the clear top coat
    Dragging and scuffing: leave it just color coat

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Abuse: Check
    Spills: Lots
    Rough treatment: See above

I just finished dropping the whole drivetrain from Firebird, so I spilled everything on it. Oil, brake fluid, antifreeze, compressor oil. It all wiped right up. The only thing that stained it, was a harsh epoxy that has an acid base, Real nasty stuff! As for the scuffing, you can grind dirt into fairly easy, but that's only because of the clear. Bottom line:
    Lots of spills- go with the clear top coat
    Dragging and scuffing: leave it just color coat

Good to know. My wife has been hinting that she would like to see something other than bare concrete.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Good to know. My wife has been hinting that she would like to see something other than bare concrete.
    Definately go for it. Once you stain the concrete, it makes it hard for any coating to stick. The cleaner, the better. These kits come with EVERYTHING you need, except the acid etcher that you can buy at Grainger or a pool supply store. It even gives you gloves and a drop cloth that doubles as a bag to throw everything out!
    I will say though, my dad used the Home Cheapo brand and his garage looks pretty good. Cost him about 25% less but he has no clear coat.

Black 2002 Formula M6
    SOLD on 11/21/2009

Thumbs up

Great info and photos. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Red

No problem. Glad to help!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

good thread.....how hard is it to install and remove the anchors? Just 5 bolts each side and your done?

Red

Yup, that's it. And I shouldn't have said anchors. They stay in the concrete, and sit flush so thay don't snag. You remove the 5 bolts, tilt it back on it's wheels, and roll it away. The two fluid lines are quick release, and zero drip.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I very much like this setup. My dad has a nice two-post in his garage, 8,000lb limit and will lift the car above my head. But it's currently down with some hydraulic issues...

I'd like to get one of these when I get around to getting a garage and/or buying a house that already has a garage. This would be perfect for me.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

lift

very nice lift I bet you're buddys are allways comeing over to see you and use the lift also.

I'd be useing a stool w/ wheels and be comfortable while under there.
    cam-LTs-FAST78-Susp.-Rims

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Ok I have a question. The hoists we use at work have equalizer cables connected to each lift side so the hoist arms go up and down evenly. This hoist obviously doesn't have that. I know that when the cables break or are missadjusted our hoists lift crooked and are very difficult/dangerous to lower because one side usually goes down first and keeps on going and the cars almost fall off.
    Does this hoist lift and lower evenly and smoothly?

Thread Information