Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    It won't be just one person that wrecks this thread. Some people will tell you it was a fluke, others will tell you it wasn't, others will tell you the truth and it will end up in a pissing match. I have seen it way to much. But off with the negitive, I hope this one doesn't come to that

Edit: And with H/C you'll be eating them up lightly modded or not
    Yeah, but for less than the price of H/C upgrade the Cobra can go faster. Still you are comparing N/A to forced induction, so you have to give the LS1 credit.

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

well hopefully it wont come to that!

But yeah, I can't wait to get H/C for my SS =)
    Not looking into anything too radical as far as cam goes, something mild but still aggressive for the street, luckily, I can afford my gas bill pretty well thanks to my scholarship taking care of my tuition and then some =)

black
    00,ss camaro

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Yeah, but for less than the price of H/C upgrade the Cobra can go faster. Still you are comparing N/A to forced induction, so you have to give the LS1 credit.
    THAT'S TRUE except that the corba was a 40,000k plus car & the SS was a 32,000 car sooooo ya know what i'm gonna say next !!!

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

hahaha lemme guess, that even with H/C upgrade, the SS was still cheaper?

AND its still a nat aspirated car?

LOL yes it is true from that standpoint but the Cobra still gets my respect as a fellow muscle car hell, matter of fact, there are many muscle cars out there that get my respect, old and new

black
    00,ss camaro

As well it gets mine to. my friend has a 04 cobra & it is as beautiful as it is mean & i dont like fords at all, but his ride is sweet it's that blueish purple color. if i was gonna ( sell out ) LOL the 03/04 cobra is the one i would pick.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksupersport View Post
    As well it gets mine to. my friend has a 04 cobra & it is as beautiful as it is mean & i dont like fords at all, but his ride is sweet it's that blueish purple color. if i was gonna ( sell out ) LOL the 03/04 cobra is the one i would pick.
    me too i really like those cars
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

THAT'S TRUE except that the corba was a 40,000k plus car & the SS was a 32,000 car sooooo ya know what i'm gonna say next !!!

Cobra's and LS1's all get faster once modded! I never saw any for $40,000. MSRP of the 2003-2004 Cobra was $37,545 for the convertible, and $33,300 for the Coupe. The 2003 Cobra also included a $1,000 gas guzzler* tax. Changes made to the '04 allowed the gas guzzler tax to be dropped. Invoice on the cars was $34,555 for the convertible and $30,693 for the Coupe in 2004.They were a little more exclusive than the SS and WS6 models were with only 13,476 made in 2003 and 5,664 made in 2004. They made more Trans Ams in 2002 then both years of the SC Cobra put together.
    Last edited by Packy; 10-26-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I just dont understand why everyone thinks those cars are that bad. IMO i dont think they are that fast. The one i drove wasnt anyway. I was kinda dissapointed.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by InEEdSPEED View Post
    I just dont understand why everyone thinks those cars are that bad. IMO i dont think they are that fast. The one i drove wasnt anyway. I was kinda dissapointed.
    What a cobra? There not that fast in stock form, def faster than a stock ls1 f-body but not supercar fast. But with basic bolt ons and a tune you can make 470whp and run deep into the 11s at full weight.

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    What a cobra? There not that fast in stock form, def faster than a stock ls1 f-body but not supercar fast. But with basic bolt ons and a tune you can make 470whp and run deep into the 11s at full weight.
    Ya, but the original poster made it out to sound like the car should have wiped the floor with him. If all he had was a exhaust and the op had a few mods it should have been a close race.

Both cars in factory form run low 13's. Some in both classes run high 12's. And crossing the quarter mile a tenth or two of a second even running over 100 mph isnt that much. Just my 2c

The cobras are fat. And ime generally a hundred pounds makes for about a tenth in the quarter. The 390 horses they have are at the wheels? I thought that they have around 350-360 at the wheels if that.
    Last edited by InEEdSPEED; 10-27-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Ya, but the original poster made it out to sound like the car should have wiped the floor with him. If all he had was a exhaust and the op had a few mods it should have been a close race.

Both cars in factory form run low 13's. Some in both classes run high 12's. And crossing the quarter mile a tenth or two of a second even running over 100 mph isnt that much. Just my 2c

The cobras are fat. And ime generally a hundred pounds makes for about a tenth in the quarter. The 390 horses they have are at the wheels? I thought that they have around 350-360 at the wheels if that.
    390 isnt at the wheels

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    390 isnt at the wheels
    03/04 Cobras were underrated, most dyno 370-380whp stock and really had 430ish crank hp. A bone stock 03/04 cobra can pull 12.7s with a good driver @ 113mph, no stock f-body can do that. Cobras trap 5mph faster than a stock f-body, they are a faster car no doubt about that.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-27-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    03/04 Cobras were underrated, most dyno 370-380whp stock and really had 430ish crank hp. A bone stock 03/04 cobra can pull 12.7s with a good driver @ 113mph, no stock f-body can do that. Cobras trap 5mph faster than a stock f-body, they are a faster car no doubt about that.
    oh well excuse me, ill eat my words then! and yea i know there faster for sure. when i went to lincoln tech i had friends with stock ls1s and friends with cobras and i would video alot of the races and they just couldnt hang with the cobras. only one that would besides mine was a m6 ws6 with full exhaust and 3.73s

silver
    2002 ws6

they have a "mystique" about them like supras--- you mention a cobra or a supra on a forum and without a doubt somebody will say "damn! them things are FAST!!!"

and completely stock cobras are quick but nothing stellar... and supras are even kind of a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    they have a "mystique" about them like supras--- you mention a cobra or a supra on a forum and without a doubt somebody will say "damn! them things are FAST!!!"

and completely stock cobras are quick but nothing stellar... and supras are even kind of a turd.
    ...until you put a big "unit" on either of them, and they go retarded fast.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post

How is that any different with and LS1 F-Body or Vette. They are the same level about in quickness but no one says damn those things are really fast until they have more mods.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Mystichrome is the color I believe... OP nice kill! I too think people put these cars on a pedestal but in my opinion they are mean and they are an eye catcher (flame suit on lol). Who wouldn't want a damn supercharger and forged internals from the factory ...??? Oooo oooooo, me me me!!!

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

haha this is true, I would kill to have the LS1 come with forged internals and a nice whining noise coming from under the hood as factory options =) now that would be sexy

But not that I ever put them on a pedestal, but I definitely know what they're capable of and have seen some with a couple bolt ons and a tune tear some fellow LS-powered guys apart, and having seen aftermarket exhaust tips, I thought he'd have more mods and therefore believed I would lose LOL

By the way, last night, I saw a local Mustang guy with a nice body kit, shaker hood and exhaust coming out the sides in front of the rear wheels, like the Roush models have and then I noticed he had 500S on the sides as emblems. No Shelby lettering anywhere but he did have the Cobra on the front grill. He definitely didn't have a supercharger cause I heard no whistle. That and we had a little quick race and I had him beat till I missed 3rd LOL

ANYWAYS....anyone know or seen 500S?

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Anybody? Or is it safe to assume that was his own thing he did to his Mustang?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by SajoR View Post
    Anybody? Or is it safe to assume that was his own thing he did to his Mustang?
    Probably did it himself. I have never heard of it. There are so many aftermarket kits you can buy for mustangs though I wouldnt be surprised if it was a kit.

Thread Information