Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Raced a new Camaro today

So I finally see a new Camaro in traffic today. I let him pull beside me and at the same time we nail it. Traffic was close ahead so we had to brake pretty quick but I was ahead. He guns it again and goes around a car and I have to wait before I can get around the slow car. He has a head start but I start pulling him in good. I hit 125ish before we have to slow for more traffic. I stop at a red light and talk to the driver. I tell him lets go from a dead stop or a roll. Red light turns green and he was stupid acting I couldnt get him to slow down and put a distance between us and traffic. He had like a 5 car start on me the first time. Dead even start and I beat him no doubt. Both cars are autos

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    So I finally see a new Camaro in traffic today. I let him pull beside me and at the same time we nail it. Traffic was close ahead so we had to brake pretty quick but I was ahead. He guns it again and goes around a car and I have to wait before I can get around the slow car. He has a head start but I start pulling him in good. I hit 125ish before we have to slow for more traffic. I stop at a red light and talk to the driver. I tell him lets go from a dead stop or a roll. Red light turns green and he was stupid acting I couldnt get him to slow down and put a distance between us and traffic. He had like a 5 car start on me the first time. Dead even start and I beat him no doubt. Both cars are autos
    what are your mods sir??

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    what are your mods sir??
    only a lid and thottle body by-pass......my cut out was closed

1998 Trans Am

only a lid and thottle body by-pass......my cut out was closed
    are you serious?? i've been weary of screwing with those new maros, and i have all that plus exhaust, intake, tune, and other free mods cant wait till the next time i see one and ps nice kill bra
    "If first, the race you do not win, jump back in, let's race again."

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    are you serious?? i've been weary of screwing with those new maros, and i have all that plus exhaust, intake, tune, and other free mods cant wait till the next time i see one and ps nice kill bra
    I been dying to race one. After his head start I couldnt believe how I was gaining on him. The first short run I had him by half a car from 10-60

FASTER THNA SPEEDINtICKEt BANDITO's Avatar

White
    2002 trans-am

YEah I beat a stock SS on the street. Weird how they have more hp but i heard they have Independent rear end and thats what messes them up. All I have is lt, maf,3.73 slp gears and a sorry ass hypertech programmer

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BANDITO View Post
    YEah I beat a stock SS on the street. Weird how they have more hp but i heard they have Independent rear end and thats what messes them up. All I have is lt, maf,3.73 slp gears and a sorry ass hypertech programmer
    That and they weigh about 6,000,000 lbs.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by BANDITO View Post
    I tried to get him to start side by side but he passed

FASTER THNA SPEEDINtICKEt BANDITO's Avatar

White
    2002 trans-am

But im sure with basic mods they would haul ass. Ls3 has more potential I thought of getting an ls3.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ive driven both auto and manual tranny cars and there is a good difference in power between the two. Do you know if you raced a Auto or Manual, ive seen a vid of a auto on a dyno only pulling 310rwhp and then a manual pulls 345-370rwhp. Either way beating one is always good news, by the way im not bashing you in anyway for the kill. After driving both versions to me its very noticable as far as power that the manual is faster. Also the motor breaking in is helpful too. Hopefully ill get a chance to go up against one.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

good ole randy still at it lol good job man!

I haven't run one yet, but I can't wait to hurt one of the owner's feelings in my car that's almost 10yrs older I'm about to start using way stickier tires so I don't have to worry about spinning so bad,,, at least during the summer lol

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Ive driven both auto and manual tranny cars and there is a good difference in power between the two. Do you know if you raced a Auto or Manual, ive seen a vid of a auto on a dyno only pulling 310rwhp and then a manual pulls 345-370rwhp. Either way beating one is always good news, by the way im not bashing you in anyway for the kill. After driving both versions to me its very noticable as far as power that the manual is faster. Also the motor breaking in is helpful too. Hopefully ill get a chance to go up against one.
    it was an auto

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    good ole randy still at it lol good job man!

I haven't run one yet, but I can't wait to hurt one of the owner's feelings in my car that's almost 10yrs older I'm about to start using way stickier tires so I don't have to worry about spinning so bad,,, at least during the summer lol
    ha ha hey Lionel........I still like to race every once in a while. Couldnt pass the chance up. Yes your car would smoke one

White
    2002 Z28

I raced a V6 a couple of months back.

He came up beside me and threw a look like boy are you going to get suprised and then punched it. I was slow to react and still caught him by 65 from a 40 roll. I didn't know if it was a 6 or 8 at that point. I came around him like he was sitting still. By 80 I had 3 car lengths on him and let off.

We ended up talking. When he bought the car the salesman told him that it had more horsepower than the last V8 Camaro and would smoke one. I was the first V8 he ran into. He was disapointed when I told him it only had a couple mods and wasn't that much faster than stock.

I've driven the A6 as well and it wasn't too impressive. Definately didn't feel as fast as my car. Haven't driven a stick to compare.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

ha ha hey Lionel........I still like to race every once in a while. Couldnt pass the chance up. Yes your car would smoke one
    Heck yea! lol Alicia and I were on our way to a haunted house one night and one was all on my ass and I didn't know what it was till I moved from the fast lane and all I have to say is he was lucky I didn't feel like it that night. There was a little traffic too. I've been itching like no other to race one though. I'll let you know how it turns out.

How's the family?
    Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    I raced a V6 a couple of months back.

He came up beside me and threw a look like boy are you going to get suprised and then punched it. I was slow to react and still caught him by 65 from a 40 roll. I didn't know if it was a 6 or 8 at that point. I came around him like he was sitting still. By 80 I had 3 car lengths on him and let off.

We ended up talking. When he bought the car the salesman told him that it had more horsepower than the last V8 Camaro and would smoke one. I was the first V8 he ran into. He was disapointed when I told him it only had a couple mods and wasn't that much faster than stock.

I've driven the A6 as well and it wasn't too impressive. Definately didn't feel as fast as my car. Haven't driven a stick to compare.
    Lawyers have a horrible rep, but I give car salesmen an even worse one! I can imagine him saying, "yea this new v6 has 304rwhp and the ls1s had 300 flywheel hp." You'll smoke one of those things. They always tell you what you want to hear. I just laugh at them.

Like they say though, hp sells cars torque wins races. I kinda feel like the 5thgen crowd looks down on us anyway... That's what they get

White
    2002 Z28

5th gen is definately going to look down on us.

We looked down on the 3rd gen and LS1 cars looked down on the LT1 cars. The C6 drivers look down on the C5 drivers.

Natures pecking order I guess.

1998 Trans Am

5th gen is definately going to look down on us.

We looked down on the 3rd gen and LS1 cars looked down on the LT1 cars. The C6 drivers look down on the C5 drivers.

Natures pecking order I guess.
    agreed, its one of the reasons i'm glad they didnt make another trans am, that and if it would've looked like the morgan concept, mixing 1st and 2nd gen features on one car, i wouldve killed someone.

but i feel bad for anyone that owns a v6 maro, the only reason they bought it is because they dont know anything about hp vs. torque, or they're just a chick.

Pewter
    99 Z28

We looked down on the 3rd gen
    I used to do the same, then my friend brought out his 350 head/cammed/4bbl 89 Formula and made me look silly

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Me working at a dealer selling and seeing several V6 camaro's sold and i can tell you from experience that it hardly has much to do with people not knowing that the V6 is slow and they think its a real fast car. Most people buy the V6 camaro because they just like the look of the car and gets better MPG then the V8 and isnt as bad with the insurance companies, also some people dont want to pay 38-40k for the 2SS we have and will pay 28-32k for the V6 camaro, depending on options and mark ups. Moms and dads buy them for there sons as a first car which is a bit much for a first car but they dont want them to drive a V8. Older people buy them and the first thing they say is, i love the look but i dont need that much power so the V6 is perfect. Its very rare that a person i talk to about a V6 camaro and thinks its faster then the LS1. My comment is not directed to anyone just general since its brought up. In the end GM made the V6 and V8 to get more buyers, variety basically. Either way i think they did a good job with it but im still sticking to my LS1.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Me working at a dealer selling and seeing several V6 camaro's sold and i can tell you from experience that it hardly has much to do with people not knowing that the V6 is slow and they think its a real fast car. Most people buy the V6 camaro because they just like the look of the car and gets better MPG then the V8 and isnt as bad with the insurance companies, also some people dont want to pay 38-40k for the 2SS we have and will pay 28-32k for the V6 camaro, depending on options and mark ups. Moms and dads buy them for there sons as a first car which is a bit much for a first car but they dont want them to drive a V8. Older people buy them and the first thing they say is, i love the look but i dont need that much power so the V6 is perfect. Its very rare that a person i talk to about a V6 camaro and thinks its faster then the LS1. My comment is not directed to anyone just general since its brought up. In the end GM made the V6 and V8 to get more buyers, variety basically. Either way i think they did a good job with it but im still sticking to my LS1.
    okay thats fair,

haha idk i just wouldnt be caught dead in a new camaro v6, the agressive stance of that car and the revitalization of the camaro name in general just has certain expectations i would think it HAVE to live up to in order for it to be legit, and i just dont think a peppy v6 does it, but i'm a purist, i still cant believe gm could bring the camaro back but not call its chassis 'f-body' again.

haha theres plenty of rich yuppy prick teenagers with them that think the 3.6 liter is gods magical gift to the earth, i cant wait til i can correct one of them

anyways, least there is a v8 option on it, that would just be redic if there wasnt

Thread Information