Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

01 WS6 vs 03 Silverado SS

Finally found a good race to see where my cars at. I was hella tired driving from tulsa to stillwater on highway 51 practically falling aslept when all of a sudden this beautiful Black wit orange racing stripes comes blowing by me so i was like yes and immediately became bright eyed and bushy tailed. floored it n caught up to him after bout 125 when we ran into some traffic. 1st run from bout 70-80 id say i was slowing pulling on em pretty good till i had him by bout a car length until we ran into into traffic. 2nd run basically the same. say him at the gas station n he said he jus put headers on and had it dynotuned but he said it dynoed 396hp. also said the ss are all wheel drice didnt know that either. but he had a 400cc fourwhheler n 3 ppl in his ext cab ss while i was by my self. bottom line modded silverado ss no match for pretty much stock ls1

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    Finally found a good race to see where my cars at. I was hella tired driving from tulsa to stillwater on highway 51 practically falling aslept when all of a sudden this beautiful Black wit orange racing stripes comes blowing by me so i was like yes and immediately became bright eyed and bushy tailed. floored it n caught up to him after bout 125 when we ran into some traffic. 1st run from bout 70-80 id say i was slowing pulling on em pretty good till i had him by bout a car length until we ran into into traffic. 2nd run basically the same. say him at the gas station n he said he jus put headers on and had it dynotuned but he said it dynoed 396hp. also said the ss are all wheel drice didnt know that either. but he had a 400cc fourwhheler n 3 ppl in his ext cab ss while i was by my self. bottom line modded silverado ss no match for pretty much stock ls1
    Dude LOL, sounds to me like he would have smoked you if he didnt have a 500lbs ATV and 3 people lol

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I actually sold a Silverado SS just RWD, he gunned it a few times on the freeway and wasnt really impressed with it. I was suprised a bit that it picked up really well off the line. Maybe it felt a bit slow on the highway but its really fast, dont really know. I really love the Trailblazer SS compared to the Silverado.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Dude LOL, sounds to me like he would have smoked you if he didnt have a 500lbs ATV and 3 people lol
    That atv was not 500 lbs for one prob more like 400 and ya when he said he dynoed damn near 400 ya i figured he would of ate me alive but it wasnt anything like that. i was slowing pulling on him good every time. now with out the atv it would of been a lot different but i think i still would come ahead

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

That atv was not 500 lbs for one prob more like 400 and ya when he said he dynoed damn near 400 ya i figured he would of ate me alive but it wasnt anything like that. i was slowing pulling on him good every time. now with out the atv it would of been a lot different but i think i still would come ahead
    Without the ATV even at 400lbs and 3 people anywhere from 375lbs to 600lbs, that truck is 4500lbs and then add 1000lbs for cargo so you raced a 5500lbs truck and it only made 400whp and stay side by side with you? He would have had to have made more power than that to keep up from a roll one would think. And what does pretty much stock WS6 mean?
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-06-2009 at 10:33 AM.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I actually sold a Silverado SS just RWD, he gunned it a few times on the freeway and wasnt really impressed with it. I was suprised a bit that it picked up really well off the line. Maybe it felt a bit slow on the highway but its really fast, dont really know. I really love the Trailblazer SS compared to the Silverado.
    the silverado ss was a bit of a joke--- and yeah the tbss is much better. tbss at least got the ls2

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Without the ATV even at 400lbs and 3 people anywhere from 375lbs to 600lbs, that truck is 4500lbs and then add 1000lbs for cargo so you raced a 5500lbs truck and it only made 400whp and stay side by side with you? He would have had to have made more power than that to keep up from a roll one would think. And what does pretty much stock WS6 mean?
    means pretty much stock. sfc's, lca's, K&N FIPK, maf, & exhaust but had cutout open. but i think im slower wit cutout open. feel less low end torque

Should you have completely smoked him? I mean its a damn truck lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

ya it was a truck and a big one at that(ext. cab) but idk hell he said dynoed 396 hp thats quite more than me. I was easily beating him but i wasn't like blowing his doors off, more like a slow pull

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

ya it was a truck and a big one at that(ext. cab) but idk hell he said dynoed 396 hp thats quite more than me. I was easily beating him but i wasn't like blowing his doors off, more like a slow pull
    If that's all you honestly pulled on him, at least your honest. But I think he is pulling your leg about only 396hp.

If you only barely pulled, without his ATV and 3 passengers, he would have pulled on you. I would love to see you race him again with a backseat full of anvils

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

you should have had a enough time to stop and have a cigarrette.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

racing a real truck is a modded lightening or srt-10 single cab. a silvy ss just has a lq9 outta an escalade. hell my moms avalanche with the new vortec max makes more hp and tq than a silvy ss. you shoulda pulled more, he prolly lied bout his power

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ That could be true, my own friend who has a RSX turbo has 500+FWHP but at the time of me racing him he said nothing just a few bolt ons. After getting my a** handed bad he told me what he had, lol. Lot of people will tell you how much power they got because they have either pride or want the attention but you'll run into some people that can care less and as long as they know thats all that matters to them. Either way good kill, OP.

Black
    2007 Silverado

i'd race ya with my truck...when i get back to oklahoma, i'm on 51 quite a bit.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    you should have had a enough time to stop and have a cigarrette.
    I couldn't agree more. He had something else up his sleeve he wasn't telling you. Hell, even my TBSS can run the SS truck down..

Thread Information