white
    2003 gmc sierra

got stomped by big lifted pavement pounder.

crusing home on the freeway last night when a big ugly new lifted silverado come us riding my ass. then pulls next to me and starts reving and being a dick. so i figure my truck (03 Z71 sierra) would leave this ass in the dark. so i mash pulling on him hard up to about eighty (from about 55 that is) tehn out of no where this thing BLOWS by me like i was standing still. i dont get it. at leats 38in tires, massive bling bling heavy rims, and he completely stomped my. i hit the govonor and he kept going and going and going. it was a gas motor, not diesel. what the hell was in that thing? sleeper of the year for sure. what is powering these new chevys ? and why was it so damn fast.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by jeffz0rz View Post
    crusing home on the freeway last night when a big ugly new lifted silverado come us riding my ass. then pulls next to me and starts reving and being a dick. so i figure my truck (03 Z71 sierra) would leave this ass in the dark. so i mash pulling on him hard up to about eighty (from about 55 that is) tehn out of no where this thing BLOWS by me like i was standing still. i dont get it. at leats 38in tires, massive bling bling heavy rims, and he completely stomped my. i hit the govonor and he kept going and going and going. it was a gas motor, not diesel. what the hell was in that thing? sleeper of the year for sure. what is powering these new chevys ? and why was it so damn fast.

Maybe it was a lingenfelter lol, twin turbo 427 package. Most likely he jsut had alot of mods, i know a couple guys with twin turbo silverados around here.

white
    2003 gmc sierra

well anything like that is super super rare here in san diego. the thing i dont get is this truck is all "swapmeet-ted" out wit hevery sticker, spoiler, led lights and anything else you can stick on it and it still just destryoyed me. i have only sen one turbo silverado here, and one all motor blacked out silverado. both lowered a little. never seen a built BRAND NEW PAPER PLATED truck whoop as like that. maybe my truck is broke or something.

Arctic White, red/gray

well anything like that is super super rare here in san diego. the thing i dont get is this truck is all "swapmeet-ted" out wit hevery sticker, spoiler, led lights and anything else you can stick on it and it still just destryoyed me. i have only sen one turbo silverado here, and one all motor blacked out silverado. both lowered a little. never seen a built BRAND NEW PAPER PLATED truck whoop as like that. maybe my truck is broke or something.
    HAHAHA, maybe. It may have been some guy who built it, riced it out then traded it in and the guy diving it with papaer plates just bought it like it was.

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

Gotta remember though that alot of the mods that can be done to the LS1/2's can also be done to the 5.3's and 6.0's. I've seen some very capable all motor trucks. A guy I used to live down the street from had a silverado 1500 that ran low 13's all motor.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Benner View Post
    Gotta remember though that alot of the mods that can be done to the LS1/2's can also be done to the 5.3's and 6.0's. I've seen some very capable all motor trucks. A guy I used to live down the street from had a silverado 1500 that ran low 13's all motor.
    Thats all good but on a truck that big with tires like that you would need 400whp just to hit mid 13s

white
    2003 gmc sierra

well either way, i need some more go fast goodies. im not worried about breaking land speed records, but i would like to get up to 75-80 ALOT faster. just not sure where to start.

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Thats all good but on a truck that big with tires like that you would need 400whp just to hit mid 13s
    Spray will more than do it with bolt ons.

white
    2003 gmc sierra

well whats my truck stock ? mid to high 15's ? and how bad is it to be launching in 4 high ? just curious........

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

well whats my truck stock ? mid to high 15's ? and how bad is it to be launching in 4 high ? just curious........
    probably more like low 16's Your probably gonna be better off running the entire way in 2wd.

white
    2003 gmc sierra

well i do know that i jump off the line alot faster in 4x, and bout half way through 2nd i go back to 2x. this is once in a blue moon that i ever mess around on the street or strip. its a daily driver that needs some umph.

Arctic White, red/gray

high 15s is the norm with the 5.3, mostly because it has 4.10 gears stock

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

high 15s is the norm with the 5.3, mostly because it has 4.10 gears stock
    Nope. Several different ratios were offered. All depended on the chassis package and RPO codes.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Benner View Post
    Nope. Several different ratios were offered. All depended on the chassis package and RPO codes.
    Yeah, i was refering to the HD i believe it was.

Appearances aren't everything. You just never can tell anymore what you are next to.

Trucks are a riot, unsuspecting, and a big dissappointment to a car owner when they lose to one.
    I've played around with my 79 1 ton. Just a mild 454/400 turbo with 3.73 gears. Has run 14.70's at 95-96 mph at 5,550 lbs.

It doesn't set the world on fire but it has raised a few eyebrows with an occasional stockish 4.6 or 5.0 mustang. It's also funny when people in their family sedans think they can race around me to switch lanes, only to find they can't keep up with a big ole 30 year old truck that's shaped like a brick,,,lol.
    Just something about it makes me chuckle. There are some really fast trucks out there though.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Appearances aren't everything. You just never can tell anymore what you are next to.

Trucks are a riot, unsuspecting, and a big dissappointment to a car owner when they lose to one.
    I've played around with my 79 1 ton. Just a mild 454/400 turbo with 3.73 gears. Has run 14.70's at 95-96 mph at 5,550 lbs.

It doesn't set the world on fire but it has raised a few eyebrows with an occasional stockish 4.6 or 5.0 mustang. It's also funny when people in their family sedans think they can race around me to switch lanes, only to find they can't keep up with a big ole 30 year old truck that's shaped like a brick,,,lol.
    Just something about it makes me chuckle. There are some really fast trucks out there though.

Most v6 sedans these days trap 95mph, times are changing, tiem to add more power to that truck. Camry-14.5, accord 14.5, legacy 14.1, infiniti g37 -13.6, caddilac cts-14.3
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-01-2009 at 01:10 PM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

could it have been a diesel?

white
    2003 gmc sierra

nope. i got whooped by a dually earlier in the week. this one was gas and all motor.

Most v6 sedans these days trap 95mph, times are changing, tiem to add more power to that truck. Camry-14.5, accord 14.5, legacy 14.1, infiniti g37 -13.6, caddilac cts-14.3
    LOL,,,I don't keep up with whats going on in the world, especially all those foreign cars you mentioned. Like I said, it doesn't set the world on fire, but for what it is,,,it's fun. Still hillarious to see a big truck stay door to door with a little car.
    I never intended for the truck to be fast, just adding some towing power as that's it's main purpose. But when I broke an axle on the chevelle in time trials a few years back, I decided to unhook the trailer and tech the truck in. Went 4 rounds in bracket 3, put some much faster cars on the trailer, they were pissed. Had a blast then towed my junk back home, haha.

I never thought the truck would even dip into the 14's, especially a hot day. I still think the truck has more in it,,, It's still a bit lean on the wideband. Hahaha.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-01-2009 at 07:08 PM.

pewter
    2002 camaro

the new diesels arent loud like the older ones, and there is the new 6.2l with 403hp, available on the silverado 1500, here in houston there are alott of fast trucks, that look stock, with the vortecmax.

Thread Information