sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

me vs 78 camaro; ss cobalt

long ago i had a 99 5 speed firebird, me and a buddy were leaving a town we went to to have lunch via highway, up comes a nice sounding 78ish camaro which my 'buddy' procedes to taunt, so we ended up running, and i lost, of course.

flashforward i sold that pos firebird and i have my trans am, me and the same buddy were leaving the same town on the same highway, complete coincedence, and an ss cobalt piloted my two thug wigga gangstas gets along side and starts revving up, my buddy says "will you be mad THIS time?" "haha nope." he signals for a run and i pulled one length, two, three, four, gone. they do a nice flyby windows up and leave,

i'd love to say i could have caught that camaro again, and i did,

saw him at local sonic few weeks later, he complimented my car and i asked him if he wanted to run again, confused he said "have we already?" and i explained. he politely said no thank you "i know what ls1's do to my car. no point in proving a sure thing." guy was really cool,

guy has a stock 79 camaro 350 4v auto btw.
    Last edited by justinmc978; 09-30-2009 at 03:41 AM.

1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS

Nice man, I actually own a SS Cobalt and I laugh when other people with SS balts try to race my SS Camaro or Bird. I had one guy at a light revving his up and i tried explaining that I own his exact car and he will get slaughtered... he didn't listen and i promptly embarrassed him. I love my Cobalt for a DD but can't fathom how kids think they are powerful and will smoke an LS1.

red
    00 z28 m6

about 2 days ago i was at a red light and a 4 door civic was next to me. i guess he was revving his little car up next to me which i could not hear over my car. when the light turned gree i left like always slow and i hear his civic spinning the tire then a little scratch is second. when he got next to me i left him sitting there. then at the next light he did not even pull up all the way next to me. i think its funny when someone in a car like that wants to race becouse they think put a shity muffles on there car that its fast. what a dumm ass

Red
    1999 Trans-Am WS6

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120267

There's my import kill story. Only one so far, but it's only a matter of time knowing the kids in this town...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by samuraidonkey View Post
    Nice man, I actually own a SS Cobalt and I laugh when other people with SS balts try to race my SS Camaro or Bird. I had one guy at a light revving his up and i tried explaining that I own his exact car and he will get slaughtered... he didn't listen and i promptly embarrassed him. I love my Cobalt for a DD but can't fathom how kids think they are powerful and will smoke an LS1.
    At my track I got to talking to a cobalt ss owner he was doing 14.5-7's all day to my 12.7's. Coming back home he caught up to me on the freeway I have an auto and we went from 65ish, I beat him but it is upsetting after 2nd gear my car has no pull.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

The 2008-2009 cobalt SS's can be made very fast...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    long ago i had a 99 5 speed firebird, me and a buddy were leaving a town we went to to have lunch via highway, up comes a nice sounding 78ish camaro which my 'buddy' procedes to taunt, so we ended up running, and i lost, of course.

flashforward i sold that pos firebird and i have my trans am, me and the same buddy were leaving the same town on the same highway, complete coincedence, and an ss cobalt piloted my two thug wigga gangstas gets along side and starts revving up, my buddy says "will you be mad THIS time?" "haha nope." he signals for a run and i pulled one length, two, three, four, gone. they do a nice flyby windows up and leave,

i'd love to say i could have caught that camaro again, and i did,

saw him at local sonic few weeks later, he complimented my car and i asked him if he wanted to run again, confused he said "have we already?" and i explained. he politely said no thank you "i know what ls1's do to my car. no point in proving a sure thing." guy was really cool,

has a stock 79 camaro 350 4v auto

anyway nice kill

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post

anyway nice kill
    idk thats just what he said his camaro was. was a 350 4barrel auto not availible in 79 or..?

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    idk thats just what he said his camaro was. was a 350 4barrel auto not availible in 79 or..?
    I think the 350 4V auto combinantion was available on a Z-28 until they changed to the third gen in 1982.

Scott

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by samuraidonkey View Post
    The 08-09 cobalt SS is a completely different beast than the weak ass supercharged 07 and earlier. Brakes and suspension that beats the rx8, evo x and sti around tracks. Launch control and no lift shifts means people have gotten them to high 13s trapping 102-105mph bone stock and a direct injection fuel system that can support 400whp.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by NavyTATwo View Post
    I think the 350 4V auto combinantion was available on a Z-28 until they changed to the third gen in 1982.

Scott
    his is a z28 so yeah,

thankyou scott

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The 08-09 cobalt SS is a completely different beast than the weak ass supercharged 07 and earlier. Brakes and suspension that beats the rx8, evo x and sti around tracks. Launch control and no lift shifts means people have gotten them to high 13s trapping 102-105mph bone stock and a direct injection fuel system that can support 400whp.
    ^^^It's true.

Thread Information