White
    2001 Trans Am

Lightbulb Loudmouth install

If you dont want to cut your stock exhaust, just dissconnect the panhard bar, panhard bar brace, and pass. side shock.......YEA RIGHT!!! Then disconnect the drivers side shock, bent the intermediate pipe, and STILL, get out the saw! That was a bullshit install. They need to be straight with people. I love SLP and their products(sounds great), but this kinda irked me. Just a heads up if you are considering doin it yourself with no cutting. Save the time. Cut, and dont dissconnect half the axle assembley.

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

I did the same exact thing except i did get it out in one piece, i really wanted the stock exhaust that way if it ever goes back to stock its perfect. Only damn problem is now the rear suspension sqeeks and it took forever to install.

White
    2001 Trans Am

How the hell did you get it out!!!??? I tried forever, to no avail. I dont have any squeekage, but the y section did land right at my panhard bar support brace, and I could not get it off. So I zip tied a high temp goodyear radiator hose to the support, and just let the y rest on it. No rattles of squeeks. I dont call it riggiin, I call it improvising...:

Black
    2002 Trans AM

Thanks for the heads up!! Was it still bolt in or did u have to get it welded?

I'm a new fbody owner but not unfamilar? Gonna be installing my loudmouth in two weeks! Got any sound clips of yours?

White
    2001 Trans Am

I just bolted mine on. And, suprisingly, it seems alot more secure and stable than I had expected. Id bolt it on. It would help if you could aquire an additional set of hands. Sorry, dude, no sound clips, Im not that high tech! But I can tell you this, the only exhaust I have ever had that was louder was true duals, dumped before the axle with LT's and a hotcammed LT4. Bitch sounds nasty and it is AMAZINGLY quiet inside. you will love it

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

I basically unbolted everything that went to the rear axle. I had the rear axle drop about 12' or more, had just enough room to get it out. I also had a lift to work on which made it much more easy, it still wasn't worth the extra hour though.

Dark Metallic Blue
    1998 Camaro Z-28

I did the same install about 3 years ago. Definitly sounds great, if not a little on the loud side. Annoyed my g/f to no end. I think that's why I love it so. I just cut the old one out, I didn't want to f with it. If you want to hear sounds of some installed exhaust systems go check out

ls1sounds.com

This is any awesome site, has a ton of combinations on it for those wanting to hear it before purchase.

Adrian

black
    1999 pontiac trans am ws6

I did the same thing with mine I tried to get it out without cutting and there was no way I was going to disconnect the rear susp. parts so I cut it. I wanted to keep the stock exhaust but oh well it was worth it.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by eb52hill
    I did the same install about 3 years ago. Definitly sounds great, if not a little on the loud side. Annoyed my g/f to no end. I think that's why I love it so.
    Adrian
    Women just don't understand. My friend's wife HATES it when I go over to his place with the Camaro, you can hear it in my sig.
    2006 GTO M6 Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2009 Silverado LT ECRB 5.3 Z71 4x4 Granite Black Metallic

Thread Information