White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Raced a 02? BMW M3 the other day

So I was on my way home from work on S. Lake Shore Drive when I see a car motor up in the right lane next to me from the corner of my eye. I fig I'd let him pass so I could see what the deal was and low and behold....BMW coupe! I thought to my self "okaaay...what's the point unless he's game?" I then cruise by him and get about a car length on him and that's when I hear him hit the gas.....GAME ON!!

As his nose gets to my rear wheel I mashed it to 3rd gear and began to separate, but a weird thing happened....he kept at it and started to pull (most people would have quit by now, but based on the car and it's rep I can't say that I fully expected him quit). That's when I gave him the biz and pushed to 4th and about 3 car lengths later I began to let off as I approached the curves. I don't mind taking the curves at all, but I discovered some SERIOUS wheel hop and didn't want to risk hitting one of those small bumps and causing some massive damage. As we get to the light on 57th, I dropped the window to acknowledge the kill and gave the thumbs up as he returned the thumb and we went our separate ways. This was to most serious comp I have had since a Porsche last fall and I could NOT pass on this one.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Was it a M3 or the Mcoupe. I think the Mcoupe is the hatchback looking one and the regular M3 is the 2door version. Either way thats a good kill they have excellent gearing for the highway and usually when the speeds get up there they really do well. As many M3's ive seen around here i havent gotten a chance to race one yet but hopefully soon.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

It was mos def the M3

Thread Information