Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    1999 Trans-Am WS6

99 WS6 Vs. Civic "V-Tec"

I was at the gas station a few weeks ago filling up and getting ready to go to a party when I see this high school age kid in a Civic with "V-Tec" stickers all over it. He's got his hood popped and he's adding oil or something. I walk in to get a drink and a hot dog and when I walk out, he's got it running. I throw my trash away and walk back to my car when he comes roaring up in front of me. Now I've got a better look at the car...it's kind of beat up, the paint is peeling in places, it's got a wing and a fart can on it, and he's got cheap seat covers. So he smirks at me and asks to race. I point to the street to the east and say "I'll take you to 70". So we line up and when the light turns green, we punch it. I had just shifted into 2nd when I had a car length and a half on him. By the time I was to 70, I had 4 on him. So I slowed down, went to the right lane and cruised down to 55. He, of course, did a ricer flyby, but then slowed down. He motioned me to follow him, so I humored him and we went to another gas station. I pulled up and said "What happened". He babbled something about the "V-Tec" being messed up. I don't know crap about those motors, so I just told him to get it looked at and to be careful who he messes with. He scowled at me and flipped me off as I took off. Only kill story I got, but the town I live in is full of high school kids who think their cars are the stuff. They'll know the name "Ironwolf" soon enough.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Nice kill. Silly ricers!

Red
    1999 Trans-Am WS6

Yea...I'm a young guy and I'm fortunate to have a job that pays well enough to get a T/A. Some of these kids though, I don't know what they're thinking. I'm pretty tame, but when a cracker-jack car like that thinks they can beat me, it's hard to resist the urge to show them that there's no replacement for displacement. I respect imports...I've run across some very well built ones (like my friends twin-turbo Supra pushing 700hp), but you know how kids are these days! Man...I feel old now.

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

lol i hated when my vtec wouldnt work....No seriously LOL i had a 96 gsr integra, and if the oil wasnt at a certain level vtec didnt activate LOL hahahahahah so i traded it and bought a camaro HAHAHAHAHA

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans am M6

haha i didnt kno anyone even ate those gas station hotdogs. nice slay

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Sadly insurance companies raise insurance so much on the ACTUAL respectable cars like the camaro's n transam's almost all High school kids are raised in Honda's lol.

Its just all they know! Until a real car shows them how it really is.

Red
    1999 Trans-Am WS6

Yea...my insurance isn't exactly cheap, but that's ok. I'm heading home in a few days so I can get my baby out of the garage now!

silver
    2002 ws6

silly honduhs

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Alot of people on here know i respect almost anycar thats built right, whether it be import or whatever. But i just cant seem to bring myself to give a shit about hondas, whether they are fast or not lol.

I have a honda bike(600rr) and i get all these fart can kids waiving and yelling hondas rock at me all the time, if it werent for the helmet they would see im laughing uncontrollably at there shitty ass cars. I have had 3 honda sportbikes and i think they have that buisness down, but performance cars, no thank you.

Its kinda like when you see that friend from back in the day who has grown up to be a loser of a person and they wave and yell your name and you kinda smile and give a little nod back but you dont really care about whats going on with them because they are boring as hell so you just keep goign about your buisness.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-21-2009 at 06:17 AM.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Alot of people on here know i respect almost anycar thats built right, whether it be import or whatever. But i just cant seem to bring myself to give a shit about hondas, whether they are fast or not lol.

I have a honda bike(600rr) and i get all these fart can kids waiving and yelling hondas rock at me all the time, if it werent for the helmet they would see im laughing uncontrollably at there shitty ass cars. I have had 3 honda sportbikes and i think they have that buisness down, but performance cars, no thank you.

Its kinda like when you see that friend from back in the day who has grown up to be a loser of a person and they wave and yell your name and you kinda smile and give a little nod back but you dont really care about whats going on with them because they are boring as hell so you just keep goign about your buisness.

True, but I like S2000's and NSX's. I have seen an S2000 run an 11.3 at MIR. Everyone has their own preference or budget. If I had serious money, I would have an Enzo. I am sure Ferrari guys are saying the same thing about us that we say about Civics (Waste of our time etc, etc.)..Our cars are prob faster than 80% of the cars on the street and for civics, it is the opposite. I like any vehicle that is fast stock or modded. True some Honda owners can be idiots and think that their car is so fast that it can drive over water, then they need to be spanked...Haha!

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    True, but I like S2000's and NSX's. I have seen an S2000 run an 11.3 at MIR. Everyone has their own preference or budget. If I had serious money, I would have an Enzo. I am sure Ferrari guys are saying the same thing about us that we say about Civics (Waste of our time etc, etc.)..Our cars are prob faster than 80% of the cars on the street and for civics, it is the opposite. I like any vehicle that is fast stock or modded. True some Honda owners can be idiots and think that their car is so fast that it can drive over water, then they need to be spanked...Haha!

The NSX yes, the s2k NO. I have driven a couple s2ks and they are slow for 1 and a bad design for anything but handling. I had to rev my buddies to 7k just to keep up with the 70 year old woman in the le sabre next to me. If you dont rev to atleast 6k your not gonna even keep up with traffic.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

The NSX yes, the s2k NO. I have driven a couple s2ks and they are slow for 1 and a bad design for anything but handling. I had to rev my buddies to 7k just to keep up with the 70 year old woman in the le sabre next to me. If you dont rev to atleast 6k your not gonna even keep up with traffic.
    Haha, yeah that is true with Honda's...

Arctic White, red/gray

Haha, yeah that is true with Honda's...
    Yep, on sportbikes i like it in cars not so much. 380lbs-trqless high reving engine gooooddd vs 2,700-3,000lbs-trqless high reving engine baaaaadddd

Those are the only proper Honda vehicles because they are powering the correct set of wheels.

Red
    1999 Trans-Am WS6

Haha. Yea, like I said, I've seen some well built imports, but there aren't many Hondas (if any) that can hang with an F-Body in my opinion.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Sorry but Definitely not true. I've owned two honda Preludes and thats not the case. You can drive around just like the regular traffic shifting at 3k. And also there are plenty of hondas that will spank Fbodies. I still actively visit my preludes site and I know like 5 off the top of my head that would own plenty of fbodies. But of course there are more fbodies that would beat the preludes of course.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

money = fast

anyone can dump money into anything to make it fast it don't mean it's nice

I have seen some fast bar stools and lawn mowers hell theres a video of a kid on a n02 scooter beating a ws6 but its not like you can take your girl out on it

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Sorry but Definitely not true. I've owned two honda Preludes and thats not the case. You can drive around just like the regular traffic shifting at 3k. And also there are plenty of hondas that will spank Fbodies. I still actively visit my preludes site and I know like 5 off the top of my head that would own plenty of fbodies. But of course there are more fbodies that would beat the preludes of course.
    Those cars make no power at 3krpms and shifting there you would have a hard time keeping up with the city traffic around here.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Honda engines make about 43HP and 11ft/lbs of torque at 3,000RPM. So unless traffic is crawling, you're going to have to shift higher than that to actually accelerate at anything more than a slow pace.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I would have to say our cars, even not modded, are faster than 90% or maybe 95% of what I see on the street. I think I'm gonna keep track with a piece of paper for a while, and see what I actually see as the percentage. I'm not talking about places where hot cars gather, or that car in the garage some people have that they drive for maybe 1,000 miles per year, just normal drivers, like I use Too Fast for.

Of course there will always be cars that can spank/put busloads on an LS1 F-body, but those usually are modded.

Thread Information