Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    how did my car come into this? was this skyline almost stock and kept up with a 570 RWHP cobra? because that would be your point that someone took a mid 13 second skyline and kept up with a 570 RWHP cobra.
    Lol no it wouldnt, my point is two guys with high 12 second low 13 second cars are calling an obvious 10 second car gutless.

Wesman said gutless referes to power before this rpm and blah blah blah, dyno numbers are a tool what matter is real world numbers and he just kept with 570whp car in a AWD car from a roll. NOT GUTLESS IN ANYWAY.

Talon awd
    1971 cuda/2000 Z28 6spd

Hey Packy if you can post up the dyno sheets on the r34.The r34 must be putting down 500 hp plus to hang with you,my guess about mid 400s tq.I would guess he is putting more tq at a lower rpm then wesman,so I guess wes and big hammers cars must be really tq less.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol no it wouldnt, my point is two guys with high 12 second low 13 second cars are calling an obvious 10 second car gutless.

Wesman said gutless referes to power before this rpm and blah blah blah, dyno numbers are a tool what matter is real world numbers and he just kept with 570whp car in a AWD car from a roll. NOT GUTLESS IN ANYWAY.
    oh i thought you were making a direct comparison to my near stock car to somone that dumped a shit load of monet into a rice bag.

yes gutless--- unless you're making full boost at WOT and likely running race fuel to boot... then you have a nice boggy-spitty-farty engine to clunk around with--- but some people like that i guess.

whats neat is that guys who like ricers automatically consider their opinion right, and all others wrong.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

It's funny how people misuse the word ricer. The Skylines in this post are definitely not ricers......

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I'm impressed by anyone who takes a serious interest in the performance of their chosen type of car, and finds ways to get impressive performance out of it. Making huge HP out of a four or six inline with massive forced induction is NOT personally appealing to me, but I still respect the ability of others to do it.

I DISLIKE anyone who is a poser. That's the majority of your imports with fart cans, and a few f-body enthusiasts who think they can walk on water. I'm not indicating whether or not those folks are posting on this thread, but we all know someone like that. I look at them the same way I do as the snobs who drive MB's, BMW's, Audi's, etc., with the elitist attitudes. All of them are people I do not want to be associated with. I like the folks who can appreciate the mechanical aspects of our machines and the effort the owners take to tweak them to ever-improving levels of performance. That can be an American car, European, Asian, or even African (if they ever make one). While my favorites are American muscle, it ain't so much about the make, as it is about the person who calls it theirs.
    Last edited by jad628; 08-28-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I'm impressed by anyone who takes a serious interest in the performance of their chosen type of car, and finds ways to get impressive performance out of it. Making huge HP out of a four or six inline with massive forced induction is NOT personally appealing to me, but I still respect the ability of others to do it.

I DISLIKE anyone who is a poser. That's the majority of your imports with fart cans, and a few f-body enthusiasts who think they can walk on water. I'm not indicating whether or not those folks are posting on this thread, but we all know someone like that. I look at them the same way I do as the snobs who drive MB's, BMW's, Audi's, etc., with the elistist attitudes. All of them are people I do not want to be associated with. I like the folks who can appreciate the mechanical aspects of our machines and the effort the owners take to tweak them to ever-improving levels of performance. That can be an American car, European, Asian, or even African (if they ever make one). While my favorites are American muscle, it ain't so much about the make, as it is about the person who calls it theirs.

Totally agree, im a domestic guy even though alot of people on this forum think i love imports more because i have to defend them so much because there are some people who are so biased and hate even fully built 9 second cars just because there imports.

But on the subaru and supra forums im known as a import hater because i have to correct all the misconceptions about domestics over there. I guess im a troll no matter where i go because i like all cars that are built right and fast.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Totally agree, im a domestic guy even though alot of people on this forum think i love imports more because i have to defend them so much because there are some people who are so biased and hate even fully built 9 second cars just because there imports.

But on the subaru and supra forums im known as a import hater because i have to correct all the misconceptions about domestics over there. I guess im a troll no matter where i go because i like all cars that are built right and fast.

That's cool. Haters are everywhere and sometimes they have to be set straight.

Packy and I have never actually met (close, but not quite) but I have had the pleasure of conversing with him here and some cell phone minutes were well-spent with him as well. What I do know is that he "gets it", and is a true performance enthusiast. Add to that, he's a Marine serving his country, and that makes him a brother to me. He writes a thread...I'll read it, and I know it will be worth reading. Since he was not even in the US during the vid, I'm not gonna say anything about street racing .

But I am jealous! That Cobra is sweet.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    oh i thought you were making a direct comparison to my near stock car to somone that dumped a shit load of monet into a rice bag.

yes gutless--- unless you're making full boost at WOT and likely running race fuel to boot... then you have a nice boggy-spitty-farty engine to clunk around with--- but some people like that i guess.

whats neat is that guys who like ricers automatically consider their opinion right, and all others wrong.
    Lol ok, you make is seem like turbos only spool if you push the gas pedal all the way down. Guess what no car is at full power unless at WOT. I understand turbo lag, alot better than you and wes do since i have owned multiple cars with turbos.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-28-2009 at 07:38 AM.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by +stroker ace View Post
    Hey Packy if you can post up the dyno sheets on the r34.The r34 must be putting down 500 hp plus to hang with you,my guess about mid 400s tq.I would guess he is putting more tq at a lower rpm then wesman,so I guess wes and big hammers cars must be really tq less.

Come on man. You know those fools aren't going to give me that shit. I do know it made 530whp on one occasion which was recent and he runs two bigger than stock Apexi turbo's. They also run around 1.5 Bar to it. For those that are metric challenged that is 21.75 psi! That is just what they are telling me. These cars have so much done to them that there is no real way except for me to continue chatting with them and figure what their secrets are...

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

That's cool. Haters are everywhere and sometimes they have to be set straight.

Packy and I have never actually met (close, but not quite) but I have had the pleasure of conversing with him here and some cell phone minutes were well-spent with him as well. What I do know is that he "gets it", and is a true performance enthusiast. Add to that, he's a Marine serving his country, and that makes him a brother to me. He writes a thread...I'll read it, and I know it will be worth reading. Since he was not even in the US during the vid, I'm not gonna say anything about street racing .

But I am jealous! That Cobra is sweet.
    I appreciate JAD! Always good to hear that from another brother...

I do like all cars that are relatively quick and decent looking... That is why I have two my favorite affordable automobiles! I could have just one higher model car but what fun would that be...

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Come on man. You know those fools aren't going to give me that shit. I do know it made 530whp on one occasion which was recent and he runs two bigger than stock Apexi turbo's. They also run around 1.5 Bar to it. For those that are metric challenged that is 21.75 psi! That is just what they are telling me. These cars have so much done to them that there is no real way except for me to continue chatting with them and figure what their secrets are...
    Pretty good considering it's 4 wheel drive, and alot of power is lost through the drivetrain as opposed to a 2 wheel drive car.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Pretty good considering it's 4 wheel drive, and alot of power is lost through the drivetrain as opposed to a 2 wheel drive car.
    It is damn good!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Cool vid I couldn't understand what the guys holding the camera were so excited about but I had a good idea

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Of course it did, he was RACING. Therefore he kept the car in the powerband, where its making that claimed 500+HP.

The problem is all these ricers always claim their cars are "daily driven" and the like. Well I'm telling you right now, from personal experience, that NO 570WHP 3.0L Inline 6 is going to make a good street car, period. Once again, its GUTLESS, because its not going to have any power or torque below where the turbo spools up. With low compression and a turbo that size, you're taking about a car that has no balls until you're up around 4000 or 5000RPM, and thats where the power just starts to come on.

That is what you're not understanding. I didn't doubt his peak numbers, but there's more to engines than just what they make for peak power. You want a linear power curve with a nice fat, level torque curve. Not a flatlined graph that all of a sudden jumps up to some ridiculous number halfway through the RPM range, thats useless on the street.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Of course it did, he was RACING. Therefore he kept the car in the powerband, where its making that claimed 500+HP.

The problem is all these ricers always claim their cars are "daily driven" and the like. Well I'm telling you right now, from personal experience, that NO 570WHP 3.0L Inline 6 is going to make a good street car, period. Once again, its GUTLESS, because its not going to have any power or torque below where the turbo spools up. With low compression and a turbo that size, you're taking about a car that has no balls until you're up around 4000 or 5000RPM, and thats where the power just starts to come on.

That is what you're not understanding. I didn't doubt his peak numbers, but there's more to engines than just what they make for peak power. You want a linear power curve with a nice fat, level torque curve. Not a flatlined graph that all of a sudden jumps up to some ridiculous number halfway through the RPM range, thats useless on the street.
    There is this thing called a two-step that allows you to launch when you are in your power band.

Since you say it is gutless then post your dyno sheet up so we can all laugh and see who is really gutless... Run what you brung!

I will have some videos from a deadstop this weekend. However this Sunday since I have now busted onto their powerful car scene here. They set-up a tournament style race with about 4 Skylines, WRX, and my car. Two runs one from a stop to a 1/4 mile and a 65mph roll to around 130mph or so. I will get more video!
    Last edited by Packy; 08-29-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I raced two Skylines today from a stand still and they both pulled me out of the hole! So the gutless Skylines womped me until I hit 3rd and then pulled even if inot past them then in 4th it was over for them. From a roll I dominated all of them again and the WRX!

Talon awd
    1971 cuda/2000 Z28 6spd

It is to bad wesman doesn't live in europe,he would be cleaning up againist all those gutless imports.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I DISLIKE anyone who is a poser. That's the majority of your imports with fart cans, and a few f-body enthusiasts who think they can walk on water. I'm not indicating whether or not those folks are posting on this thread, but we all know someone like that. I look at them the same way I do as the snobs who drive MB's, BMW's, Audi's, etc., with the elitist attitudes. All of them are people I do not want to be associated with. I like the folks who can appreciate the mechanical aspects of our machines and the effort the owners take to tweak them to ever-improving levels of performance. That can be an American car, European, Asian, or even African (if they ever make one). While my favorites are American muscle, it ain't so much about the make, as it is about the person who calls it theirs.
    Couldn't agree more. I have respect for anything that is not boring to drive. To each his own. I prefer GM (before they stopped making anything exciting.)

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

[QUOTE=Packy;2036969]There is this thing called a two-step that allows you to launch when you are in your power band.

Since you say it is gutless then post your dyno sheet up so we can all laugh and see who is really gutless... Run what you brung!

So lets see the big torque numbers wes.

Quote Originally Posted by +stroker ace View Post
    It is to bad wesman doesn't live in europe,he would be cleaning up againist all those gutless imports.
    Not going to be cleaning up shit with a bolt ons LS1.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information