Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

06 Civic Si vs. 98 Trans Am Ws6

ws6= All stock/ automatic

Civic Si= Intake/ Cat-back

The owner of the ws6 says he has fouled out plugs, but he replaced them replaced with a new MAF and 2 new 02sensors and a new fuel pump. The car was sitting for 2years with 49k miles...something has to be wrong cause shouldnt loose this bad to a civic.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I cant see the video but it shouldn't lose at all to that civic. They cant even trap 100mph with those mods. And with those mods a 14.7 would be a fast time.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Not possible......Stupid vid.

You sure that's not a 6 cylinder Firebird? I've never seen a Civic Si with just bolt ons pull an a LS1 F-body in any form. Even with full bolt ons (i.e. I/H/E), tires and KPRO for tuning they are still going to have a very hard time with a stock F-body, and will still lose on the top end. Something is amiss here.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Yeah there is no way thats an 8 cylinder unless hes running on like 7 cylinders or something and even then he'd give him a better race.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

HAHA, i remember when my supra put down 350whp and about 4 weeks after the dyno tune i was only running on 5 cylinders trying to drive it to my friends shop when a supercharged cobalt ss pulled up. We raced and we were damn near dead even until i slammed 3 to 4 and pulled half a car maybe. After we shut down he said damn we should race more often that was close but i think your running rich i saw some smoke coming out the back. I laughed and said no thats good ole coolant smoke as my head gasket is blowing and im only running on 5 cylinders.

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

that trans am is a LS1 WS6 Automatic....something is wrong with that car cause i kno that there is no way a civic will pull on a ls1 like that.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

that was cute how long it took that civic to get to 111mph lol I wouldn't have been too far from 150 by the time he got there. Actually had a new 4door vtec ask for a ass whooping in mexico once and he wanted it from a 60 roll twice. The first time I spanked him to 110 about 4 or so cars. He wanted to go again and I went to what he called 150. I didn't know because I was watching he road. I put over 4 buses on him that time.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I raced a 06-07 SI 2 door in my 3781 LBS M3 with 310 RWHP and absolutly demolished him. Hate to think with 336 rwhp and with atleast 300 LBS less how much worse the race would be. Seriously something is wrong with the WS6 and not just one thing but probably a combination of a few things. Whats sad is the SI owner is going to go tell all his 4banger buddies how he raped a car with more cylinders and how advanced and far ahead there cars are in tech and need way less power to be better then our cars. Either way the SI won and a win is a win, WS6 owner should've known better and maybe soon he will get it fixed. Hopefully we see them race again and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    that was cute how long it took that civic to get to 111mph lol I wouldn't have been too far from 150 by the time he got there. Actually had a new 4door vtec ask for a ass whooping in mexico once and he wanted it from a 60 roll twice. The first time I spanked him to 110 about 4 or so cars. He wanted to go again and I went to what he called 150. I didn't know because I was watching he road. I put over 4 buses on him that time.
    The video is bullshit. It is simply not possible for a healthy A4 TransAm to lose to a basically stock Civic Si.

I'm sorry if it sounds like ricer excuses, but either:

A) It was a Firebird, since we couldn't get a clear picture of the car.
    B) Something was mechanically wrong with the car.
    C) The Civic forgot to mention the 100 shot he was packing.

Seriously a 300whp TransAm is not going to get pulled by a sub 200whp Civic from a roll.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    The video is bullshit. It is simply not possible for a healthy A4 TransAm to lose to a basically stock Civic Si.

Seriously a 300whp TransAm is not going to get pulled by a sub 200whp Civic from a roll.
    I know. Funny thing is the one I raced... like I said we were at a 60roll... I was in 2nd and he didn't instantly vanish. He stood with me for .5 sec which I thought was strange. I find that strange with me being at the top of 2nd. He ended up sinking into my rear view though very VERY FAR!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I dunno I've never had a stock civic pull on my 01 3800II Camaro. Still just leaves them sitting there from a dig. All I've got is cat delete and K&N drop in with some descent Kumho's..
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-19-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I dunno I've never had a stock civic pull on my 01 3800II Camaro. Still just leaves them sitting there from a dig. All I've got is cat delete and K&N drop in with some descent Kumho's..
    A well driven stock Civic Si should have no problems taking down a 3.8L V6 Camaro. You may get the launch, but you're going to be spanked on the top end. They also trap 10mph faster in the 1/4 than you do stock.

Should have looked more like this:

Both those cars ran terrible times, far worse than stock times. Distance wise, that's about accurate.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

A well driven stock Civic Si should have no problems taking down a 3.8L V6 Camaro. You may get the launch, but you're going to be spanked on the top end. They also trap 10mph faster in the 1/4 than you do stock.
    Even tho I have'nt a clue what an Si is or what they run I guess I have yet to see that on the street. Never been beaten by a civic yet but I'm sure they're faster ones out there of course..
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-18-2009 at 11:09 PM.

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

LMAO the civic aint got no 100shot. Its got a Full Intake, and a Cat-Back.
    Something IS wrong with the WS6 tho, tryin to figure out what but cant...i think its cause its an Automatic..Lol jp, But that car was sitting for 2years before he bought the car. i think it needs a rebuild honestley.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Even tho I have'nt a clue what an Si is or what they run I guess I have yet to see that on the street. Never been beaten by a civic yet but I'm sure they're faster ones out there of course..
    i know of one in chattanooga that put a spanking on a H/C/N20 C5Z. The Z driver can drive and I know because he ran away from me. Anything can be built to be fast.

Black
    93 300zx TT

Haha you guys are so funny... except what you dont know is half an hour later the T/A guy called back and said he got his car running right??? how could you fix something that seriously wrong in 30 min...??? doesnt make sense to me...

I say anyone with a stock automatic trans am to come out and see if they can put up a better fight than that crappy one since your all in such disbelief

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

OK it is pitch black in the video and you can't even see what the fuck the other guy is driving. Stupid. I don't even know why there is so much discussion about this lmao. ANDDDDD...you can't even hear the other guy...a stock civic is that much louder than a stock WS6??? I call BULLSHIT on this entire thread.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

This is what I usually see. Plenty of fart can mods around here..

:\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information