Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by NavyTATwo View Post
    What color TA? My 2000 was NBM.

Scott
    Bright red, when I got it all that was done was lowered 1 inch, drilled/slotted rotors with nice pads, steel braided lines and a short shifter. 48kmiles on it if i remember correctly
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-21-2009 at 08:56 AM.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Bright red, when I got it all that was done was lowered 1 inch, drilled/slotted rotors with nice pads, steel braided lines and a short shifter. 48kmiles on it if i remember correctly
    Cool. I bought my 2000 T/A new here in Norfolk. I put on a lid, K/N filter, underhood Ram Air, BBK throttlebody, SLP MAF and "Y" pipe. It was pretty quick but my Goat is faster. Now I have a black 00 WS-6 that I bought three weeks ago. Don't think I am going to do more than a lid and y pipe with this one, the GTO gets all of the mod funds but we shall see. I have thought about the springs that lower the car an inch, I like the look!

Scott

Arctic White, red/gray

Cool. I bought my 2000 T/A new here in Norfolk. I put on a lid, K/N filter, underhood Ram Air, BBK throttlebody, SLP MAF and "Y" pipe. It was pretty quick but my Goat is faster. Now I have a black 00 WS-6 that I bought three weeks ago. Don't think I am going to do more than a lid and y pipe with this one, the GTO gets all of the mod funds but we shall see. I have thought about the springs that lower the car an inch, I like the look!

Scott
    After i got the car i added, headers, catback, lid, cam and supporting valve train, ported 241 heads, ls6 intake manifold, 4.10s, drag radials.

Thats cool. With the 1/4 mile numbers you posted in your signature, you must be putting down some serious power! 240's are pretty cool cars, I see one every few weeks here at a local car show in Virginia Beach that has a LS-6 in it.

Scott
    I retired that car not too long ago. I pulled the motor setup, and sold the chassis to a friend. I sold the 35R and I'm going to put a 30R on it for faster spool and a better power curve. I'm not certain as to what I'm going to put the setup into yet, but I'm leaning towards a street legal FR sandrail.

In the meantime, my primary focus is on my LS1 car, but I haven't done anything car related in a while due to lack of money and time. So for now, I just beat around on the cam only setup. As it sits, it's a 10 second capable car on just the cam.

240s are excellent platforms for RWD entertainment. They are dirt cheap, have very strong rear ends, are light, and with some suspension work handle very well. It's just a shame that they are given such a bad reputation with ricers and drifting. They are very capable cars, just most of the ones you see are multicolored shitboxes driven by some kid who thinks they are the drift king.

red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

lol there is no way that is possible... a 4 banger civic against a ws6? there is no way

Quote Originally Posted by ooredws6 View Post
    lol there is no way that is possible... a 4 banger civic against a ws6? there is no way
    I hope that is sarcasm. I've have put continental divides on several WS6s with my "4 banger".

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I hope that is sarcasm. I've have put continental divides on several WS6s with my "4 banger".
    bone stock too right?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    bone stock too right?
    Running on 3 cylinders

bone stock too right?
    No, not bone stock.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

No, not bone stock.
    Your fully built race engine against a stock vehicle is not a relevent comparison. Stop trying to make it sound like you beat up on LS1s with a stock 4 banger.

silver
    2002 ws6

No, not bone stock.
    so you ever race an lsx with as many parts, time and effort as you put in your 240?

so you ever race an lsx with as many parts, time and effort as you put in your 240?
    No, but I have no doubt I'd get spanked. My remark was that he said a 4 cylinder Civic could never beat an LS1 F-body. In stock form, that is true.

I did not mean to seem like I'm the fastest car on the road. There are plenty of cars that would beat me. Hell, most cars would since the car never hooked up on the street.

Whatever, I said my piece earlier in the thread. "That" 240 is retired, I'm done with 4 cylinders to go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Your fully built race engine against a stock vehicle is not a relevent comparison. Stop trying to make it sound like you beat up on LS1s with a stock 4 banger.
    That was not my intention, you missed the first half of the thread.

Also what constitutes fully built race engine?
    Last edited by Superluminal; 08-24-2009 at 07:34 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

so are civics not even rice anymore? i'm trying to keep up on my political correctness...

so are civics not even rice anymore? i'm trying to keep up on my political correctness...
    That depends on your definition of rice. A Civic that is tastefully modified, looks stock, and has a driver without a big ego possibly is not considered rice. A Civic with a big fart can and a filter, body kit, among other monstrosities, with a driver that talks smack about cars he could never beat.... well that's ricer. That's at least how I see it. Some people think all 4 cylinders are ricers. To each their own.

silver
    2002 ws6

That depends on your definition of rice. A Civic that is tastefully modified, looks stock, and has a driver without a big ego possibly is not considered rice. A Civic with a big fart can and a filter, body kit, among other monstrosities, with a driver that talks smack about cars he could never beat.... well that's ricer. That's at least how I see it. Some people think all 4 cylinders are ricers. To each their own.
    to me any asianmobile zooted up in anyway is rice.

to me any asianmobile zooted up in anyway is rice.
    That's your opinion. Many agree with you, and many disagree.

To me there is a big difference between rice and nice.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

If you try and modify a Civic to look "nice" or go "fast" you are a ricer.

Its a crappy, ugly econo car designed to commute in traffic. It has no place in the performance car arena.

Arctic White, red/gray

If you try and modify a Civic to look "nice" or go "fast" you are a ricer.

Its a crappy, ugly econo car designed to commute in traffic. It has no place in the performance car arena.
    Although i dont find any year or model of civic attractive.

Who are you to make this rule? There are plenty of civics that have stock bodies and would smoke you 1/4mile or around a track.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

It belongs in the sport compact class. It was never designed to compete against 300+hp cars.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information