Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Black
    93 300zx TT

the reason the car in back is gaining is because it was the sti from my other videos on youtube that spanked the shit out of the ws6... and you guys are the reason this is so satisfying for me cause most of you hate so much on imports as soon as one doesnt seem to fit the slow ricer profile you just cant accept that fact

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by GranPastey View Post
    the reason the car in back is gaining is because it was the sti from my other videos on youtube that spanked the shit out of the ws6... and you guys are the reason this is so satisfying for me cause most of you hate so much on imports as soon as one doesnt seem to fit the slow ricer profile you just cant accept that fact
    oh we all know that you can make ricers fast. just nobody cares. in the end it's still just a silly ricer.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

this thread is full of fucking suck

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Dude, i have had imports and i have a subaru legacy GT right now. We are not all ricer hating people.

WITH THAT SAID I REPEAT AN 06 CIVIC SI WITH INTAKE AND EXHAUST WILL NOT KEEP UP MUCH LESS BEAT A LS1 F-BODY IN A DRAG RACE.

If the T/A was racing he has something wrong with his car.

Superluminal also posted this would not happen and he has a 10flat @140+mph 240sx, he is not a import hater either.

Are you trying to tell us your friend in his civic traps over 105mph in the 1/4mile?
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-20-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I can appreciate any fast car. I used to own a Supra, and a Starion Turbo. I happen to own a Trans Am now. I dont go on the fucking honda forums and post everytime I beat a fucking civic or S2000 though, because I have better things to do with my time. You obviously don't. And so what if a civic runs a 14 something with I/H/E? It's still an ugly economy car that is Front wheel Drive.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 08-20-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyTATwo View Post
    Wow, very interesting. I am surprised they make that much power, is that at the crank or at the wheels? One of my co-workers has a 240 but I don't think it is makeing the power that yours does!
    Never had the SR powered one dynoed on the final setup since I street tuned it, but I guarantee it was making well in excess of 500whp.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 08-20-2009 at 01:14 PM.

I don't want to be mean, but your asking for a flaming. You are fitting the profile of a ricer. For your sake, be glad Wesman is away.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

me and my friends full bolt on + tune 08 SI

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Cool

So now you're saying a civic spanked an STi too? Wow that must be the fastest civic there is!!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    A well driven stock Civic Si should have no problems taking down a 3.8L V6 Camaro. You may get the launch, but you're going to be spanked on the top end. They also trap 10mph faster in the 1/4 than you do stock.
    LMAO!!!!!! A stock 3.8 '01 Camaro, even with an AT, should trap near or higher than 95 MPH. Even if it only traps 92, you are telling us that the rice rocket, stock, will trap 105 or more? Where did you learn this misinformation? If I'm wrong, tell me. The V6 3800 5-speed cars were within a couple .10ths as quick as the 4.6 Mustangs in 2001.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    LMAO!!!!!! A stock 3.8 '01 Camaro, even with an AT, should trap near or higher than 95 MPH. Even if it only traps 92, you are telling us that the rice rocket, stock, will trap 105 or more? Where did you learn this misinformation? If I'm wrong, tell me. The V6 3800 5-speed cars were within a couple .10ths as quick as the 4.6 Mustangs in 2001.
    I think he was implying that the Camaro traps 10MPH higher than the Civic.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Thank you! Exactly what I've got too. With a cat delete and a drop in K&N I had a noticable power gain aswell. Was'nt a dramatic gain for sure, but none the less it was noticable. The 3800II is'nt as slow as people think. I've intimidated a stang or two with it aswell. But I dont go around lookin' to get my ass handed to me either. I simply know it's not the fastest thing out there.

Ps With relatively low mileage @ roughly 75k+ ish the motor is as crisp in responce as the day I bought it with roughly 29k in the clock. Even though it's a v6 I take meticulas care of it. I've had none of the issues that the 3800 is known for either. This whole thread makes me want to get my project car done so damn' bad..
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-20-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Hmm....not sure now.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Next time find a Firebird thats equipped with the TRANS AM or FORMULA package. You know, the one that includes the V8 engine option.

That car in the vid was obviously a 3.8L V6 or a V8 running on half its cylinders.

Trying to pass that off as legit just shows what an ignorant import clown you are, anyone with half a brain can look at that vid and tell you its bullshit.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Next time find a Firebird thats equipped with the TRANS AM or FORMULA package. You know, the one that includes the V8 engine option.

That car in the vid was obviously a 3.8L V6 or a V8 running on half its cylinders.

Trying to pass that off as legit just shows what an ignorant import clown you are, anyone with half a brain can look at that vid and tell you its bullshit.
    Exactly, it doesnt take a import guy or a domestic guy to know a 06 SI with those mods is a mid to high 14 second car with a decent driver and a bone stock ls1 f-body is a mid 13 second car even in auto form when running right.

Got a question for you GranPastey. If the STI was racing then why was he getting pulled by the SI aswell? A sti traps 100-102mph almost 10mph faster than a civic si.

This video is full of mystery. As 2 cars built for some form of speed are getting pulled by a eco car with 2 bolt ons.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-21-2009 at 06:04 AM.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Never had the SR powered one dynoed on the final setup since I street tuned it, but I guarantee it was making well in excess of 500whp.
    Thats cool. With the 1/4 mile numbers you posted in your signature, you must be putting down some serious power! 240's are pretty cool cars, I see one every few weeks here at a local car show in Virginia Beach that has a LS-6 in it.

Scott

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by NavyTATwo View Post
    Thats cool. With the 1/4 mile numbers you posted in your signature, you must be putting down some serious power! 240's are pretty cool cars, I see one every few weeks here at a local car show in Virginia Beach that has a LS-6 in it.

Scott
    I hate myself everyday for not buying a friends 95 240sx with a ls1 swap doen. He offered it to me for 6500 it ran 11.8s, the only reason i didnt want it was because it was auto.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I hate myself everyday for not buying a friends 95 240sx with a ls1 swap doen. He offered it to me for 6500 it ran 11.8s, the only reason i didnt want it was because it was auto.
    I know what you mean, I love manuals! My first car was a 1973 455 Trans Am and it had a auto, Turbo 400. Non Super Duty L-75. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it until the guy took me and two of my friends for a ride in it. The Beast barked second like a champ and wasn't even breathing hard! I was sold then. Of course I got a ticket in it 8 hours later doing the exact same thing! Unfortunately, that car got stolen and I bought another '73, this time with a 4 speed. I would like to think they are both in Muscle Car Heaven!

Scott

Arctic White, red/gray

Yeah i bought my 2000 T/A m6 instead.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-21-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yeah i bought my 2000 T/A m6 instead.
    What color TA? My 2000 was NBM.

Scott

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information