Thread: T/A vs. Tiburon

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

T/A vs. Tiburon

so, i saw an exgirlfriend at sonic tonight with her current boyfriend in his newerish tiburon, i waved at him because we all know each other because we used to go to school together, anyways, as i was leaving i saw him following close behind, he pulled up next to me and he gave me a nice face, i'm sure you can guess what happened next being he was in a 4/6cylinder tibby, aaaafter i blew the doors off, he pulled up even again, exgirlfriend on my side, i looked at them both, gave a polite-as-possible , and went on my way. tonight was my birthday, it really made it for me.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Ahhhhh the sweet savory flavor of vengeance served up on a silver platter. He's still with your chick . . . Don't feel bad my ex started seeing another guy and he dumped her after 2 months so I feel quite pleased right about now
    Last edited by Goat-E; 08-16-2009 at 02:57 AM.

silver
    2002 ws6

why do guys with tiburons even bother?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Why do guys buy tribuns period?

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Why do guys buy tribuns period?
    it's all they can afford because jumbo tampons are expensive for their big vaginas.

rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    it's all they can afford because jumbo tampons are expensive for their big vaginas.
    that was GREAAAT!!

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    Ahhhhh the sweet savory flavor of vengeance served up on a silver platter. He's still with your chick . . . Don't feel bad my ex started seeing another guy and he dumped her after 2 months so I feel quite pleased right about now
    nah i quit it with her, turns out she had a repuation around town i didnt know about, glad i didn't go all the way with her, kinda feel bad for the new guy, he has no idea,

my best friend also has a tiburon, i didnt know what they were until we ran them, he has the gt 4.whatever v6, its not slow but i mean yeah, he has tons of respect for the almighty t/a and will never make excuses for losing. he wanted one but mom and dad weren't crazy about it, so i wont talk crap about everyone who drives a tibby, because not everyone who has one wants one.

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    nah i quit it with her, turns out she had a repuation around town i didnt know about, glad i didn't go all the way with her, kinda feel bad for the new guy, he has no idea,

my best friend also has a tiburon, i didnt know what they were until we ran them, he has the gt 4.whatever v6, its not slow but i mean yeah, he has tons of respect for the almighty t/a and will never make excuses for losing. he wanted one but mom and dad weren't crazy about it, so i wont talk crap about everyone who drives a tibby, because not everyone who has one wants one.
    That's what I'd call an ICBM. I Cee em', I Bang em' and I Move on! I used to get bent over a chick like that when I was younger. Now I just leave $20 on the night stand. (this is humor, for the uptight people)
    I saw my first Hundai Genesis coupe the other day. Nothing to get excited about.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

That's what I'd call an ICBM. I Cee em', I Bang em' and I Move on! I used to get bent over a chick like that when I was younger. Now I just leave $20 on the night stand. (this is humor, for the uptight people)
    I saw my first Hundai Genesis coupe the other day. Nothing to get excited about.
    Nothing except it has potential. The 2.0t can be had with the track package for under 30k. You get a torsen rear diff, 6 speed, bilstein suspension and brembo brakes as well as a 2.0t that has made 500+whp in korea where the car has been out for over 2 years. Oh yea and it only weighs 3klbs, not the worst car you can buy.

1998 Trans Am

yeah i saw one saturday for the first time, and on a low population four lane country highway too! too bad i was in the f-150 and not the T/a this time

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Nothing except it has potential. The 2.0t can be had with the track package for under 30k. You get a torsen rear diff, 6 speed, bilstein suspension and brembo brakes as well as a 2.0t that has made 500+whp in korea where the car has been out for over 2 years. Oh yea and it only weighs 3klbs, not the worst car you can buy.
    Mechanically I am well aware or what it is but it's not much to look at. I bet it's a hoot on a road coarse. I saw the vids of it's unveiling a while back and It's quite nimble. Hundai get'n a little aggressive. . . Much more interesting than the Tib but a little pricey for what it is.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I know they lined the genesis up along side the v6 camaro in one of the magazines, its been a while back since I read the article, I am pretty sure it was a pretty even race between the two of them considering the camaro has 304 horsepower and the genesis has 306.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I know they lined the genesis up along side the v6 camaro in one of the magazines, its been a while back since I read the article, I am pretty sure it was a pretty even race between the two of them considering the camaro has 304 horsepower and the genesis has 306.
    I would get the 2.0t, its a design copied from the ralliart engine and with some bolt ons and tuning it would make more power than the v6. Its also cheaper and alot more mod friendly as there are already a ton of mods out for that engine in korea. And for the ralliart design in the states.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I would get the 2.0t, its a design copied from the ralliart engine and with some bolt ons and tuning it would make more power than the v6. Its also cheaper and alot more mod friendly as there are already a ton of mods out for that engine in korea. And for the ralliart design in the states.

oh I def would go for the 2.0, but the only prob with the modding and stuff or that brand of cars in general its pretty expensive to get parts, I had a friend that had one of the 4cyl tibs, he ended up just going with a nitrous set up because it was so hard to find aftermarket parts for it. And when he did they were rediculous expensive.

+1

I believe a couple performance companies are already designing larger turbo kits for them. AMS should have their kit out pretty soon. The car is a pretty solid package. You get Brembo brakes, limited slip differential, sport tuned suspension, friendly 2.0L cubic turbo engine. The only downfall I can see in the car is that the curb weight is over 3000lbs. and the price is a bit steep for the performance you get, however you'd be much happier piloting one of these around a track than a V6 Camaro.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

What is so special about a Torsen diff and a 6 speed?? Plenty of cars have 6 speed transmissions and limited slip differentials. If its a Hyundai sourced 6 speed, you can bet its going to be junk. There have already been complaints in reviews about the sloppy, vague shifter.

The brakes are also not that good. Brembo calipers are only worth so much, they can't compensate if the rest of the braking system is crap. And seeing as a 2010 Camaro V6 with single piston brakes outstops it from 60MPH, it doesn't seem promising at all.

And as for the 500WHP numbers, lets not get ahead of ourselves, sounds like you're stretching the facts. Maybe a fully built race prepped meth injected 116 octane version of that engine might make those numbers in Korea, but you aren't going to be seeing that on the streets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    What is so special about a Torsen diff and a 6 speed?? Plenty of cars have 6 speed transmissions and limited slip differentials. If its a Hyundai sourced 6 speed, you can bet its going to be junk. There have already been complaints in reviews about the sloppy, vague shifter.

The brakes are also not that good. Brembo calipers are only worth so much, they can't compensate if the rest of the braking system is crap. And seeing as a 2010 Camaro V6 with single piston brakes outstops it from 60MPH, it doesn't seem promising at all.

And as for the 500WHP numbers, lets not get ahead of ourselves, sounds like you're stretching the facts. Maybe a fully built race prepped meth injected 116 octane version of that engine might make those numbers in Korea, but you aren't going to be seeing that on the streets here.
    The car is still too new to make any fair assumptions. I haven't seen a decent builds past the stock turbo setup here in the U.S. Time will tell if this car will produce and hold power well or fail miserably.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Lol, people make 500whp on 93 octane with a 4b11. Beyond redline hit 344whp @ 19psi on a dynojet. They have created an adaptor to bolt different turbos up to the stock manifold, with 600cc injectors, frount mount and a gt30 turbo they made 306whp on 16psi with stock exhaust and intake. I know what your gonna say its probably gonna blow up, but its actually a pretty conservative tune. Alot of people in korea are running 340-370whp on stock long block. They say the drivetrain starts going after that point.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-21-2009 at 06:14 AM.

Thread Information